XPO | Rate Hike

[quote author=DEEP THROAT2 link=topic=78752.msg817069#msg817069 date=1269743218]
CNWY will increase their rates by 15% starting april 1 on certain shippers. DEEPTHROAT :clap:
[/quote]There going to have too. Otherwise Con-way would have been delivering the freight for nothing. Con-way and Fed Ex Freight screwed up trying to put YRC out of business by lowering their rates. They have a lot of freight that they can't handle with the low set rates. The only problem Con-way has now; is they might lose a lot of their customers by raising their rates. Con-way would have been in a better position financially if they didn't try to play games with YRC. Let the truth be known.

[quote author=Italian Style link=topic=78752.msg817075#msg817075 date=1269745456]
[quote author=DEEP THROAT2 link=topic=78752.msg817069#msg817069 date=1269743218]
CNWY will increase their rates by 15% starting april 1 on certain shippers. DEEPTHROAT :clap:
[/quote]There going to have too. Otherwise Con-way would have been delivering the freight for nothing. Con-way and Fed Ex Freight screwed up trying to put YRC out of business by lowering their rates. They have a lot of freight that they can't handle with the low set rates. The only problem Con-way has now; is they might lose a lot of their customers by raising their rates. Con-way would have been in a better position financially if they didn't try to play games with YRC. Let the truth be known.
[/quote] :chairshot:

[quote author=Italian Style link=topic=78752.msg817075#msg817075 date=1269745456]
[/quote]

You cant prove conway did aggressive pricing to put YRC out of business ... this is why I dont like you ... you throw ::shit:: out there and cant prove it .. fed ex .. you can prove it .. they put it on paper what there intentions where.. fed ex started this aggressive pricing back in the 3rd quarter of 08 ... everyone else had to follow suit ...

[quote author=wonderring99 link=topic=78752.msg817147#msg817147 date=1269782453]
The rate hike is coming but it is not going to be 15% .. more like 7 %
[/quote]

Do you think that the rate hikes will stick??? Are we going to grow to more profit or shrink to more profit ???

[quote author=beerfd link=topic=78752.msg817119#msg817119 date=1269773928]
They're raising the rates to control the flow of freight. They got more freight than they can handle and service is sucking.
[/quote]

your right on with that point Beerfd... gee, I wonder if you were sitting in the same room as I when I heard this on Thursday?

Pricing is all about supply and demand. Normally our price increase occurs in late August, early September. And when is demand the highest? same time. Right now we are ahead of projections for March... thus the demand is up.

Regarding us cutting our prices over the last year... it was not focused on putting anyone out of business. Look at the numbers for ABF. They held firm on pricing much like YRC and the results were the same. Operating ratios far below profitability.

[quote author=radman link=topic=78752.msg817178#msg817178 date=1269786860]
[quote author=wonderring99 link=topic=78752.msg817147#msg817147 date=1269782453]
[/quote]

Do you think that the rate hikes will stick??? Are we going to grow to more profit or shrink to more profit ???
[/quote]

it will be a straight across the board hike but I am sure that some shippers will keep the same discounts and have other wordings in the contract where they may not see the hike ...

They're raising the rates to control the flow of freight. They got more freight than they can handle and service is sucking.
[/quote]

Its our own fault that service is lacking.

The LH dept. has the SCs dancing on a string building ESL lanes that eventually go on big boxes...

This is assinine.

In the smaller SCs it causes late departures for the FACs...and late arrivals to service the next day freight at the original departing SCs.

There comes a point where you have cut to the chase...load the freight and get it the hell off the property.

LH is trying to run the FACs from the SCs...some things make sense...pures and the like..some of it is simply dumb!

It causes late departures and late arrivals to the FACs...so nothing is gained and service suffers.

Rat

I think Con-way and FXF lowered their rates to reduce empty miles and gain market share

Let's face it Itallian style You can't blame the other carriers for the position that YRC is in, YRC low balled rates just to to keep freight on their trucks, do you think the other carriers are just going to stand by?? There is a fine line between proffit and loss, at one point you have to raise rates wether it be fuel,labor or other cost reasons.
I am an ex Roadway guy layed off in 2008, and along with a few other guys have found a comfortable home at Conway, Despite the rumors you here, or the miss informed imformation you may get about this place, I'm making more money, and not working myself to death over here, and yes we do pay for benefits over here and have for along time.
You may want to expand your ways of thinking and open yourself up to all posibilties, It may happen to you someday!!!! A job is only a job!, but when you have a family to feed,clothe and send thru college your likely to be a little more open when it comes to those matters. Good Luck!

[quote author=Localdriver link=topic=78752.msg817269#msg817269 date=1269801604]
Let's face it Itallian style You can't blame the other carriers for the position that YRC is in, YRC low balled rates just to to keep freight on their trucks, do you think the other carriers are just going to stand by?? There is a fine line between proffit and loss, at one point you have to raise rates wether it be fuel,labor or other cost reasons.
I am an ex Roadway guy layed off in 2008, and along with a few other guys have found a comfortable home at Conway, Despite the rumors you here, or the miss informed imformation you may get about this place, I'm making more money, and not working myself to death over here, and yes we do pay for benefits over here and have for along time.
You may want to expand your ways of thinking and open yourself up to all posibilties, It may happen to you someday!!!! A job is only a job!, but when you have a family to feed,clothe and send thru college your likely to be a little more open when it comes to those matters. Good Luck!
[/quote]

Great post :clap:
I am also a laid off Roadway from sept 2009 and I am lucky that Conway gave me a job I start Monday the 29th and I also have a family to feed and will be happy to be back at work.
xcsp

[/quote]Try checking my profile, before making a long lecture. It would probably save a lot of time. I hope it answers your question. Sorry that my voluntary LOA couldn't have benefitted anyone at the time. I am dating a nice woman from NIU who's dad works at Con-way, does that count?

And why would checking your profile would save someone from making a long lecture? Personally most of the stuff you have posted has more holes than swiss cheese.

[quote author=Italian Style link=topic=78752.msg817386#msg817386 date=1269821982]
Try checking my profile, before making a long lecture. It would probably save a lot of time. I hope it answers your question. Sorry that my voluntary LOA couldn't have benefitted anyone at the time. I am dating a nice woman from NIU who's dad works at Con-way, does that count?
[/quote]

No it does not .. honestly dude .. i have a seriously hard time with anything you post as claiming it factual and the truth.

[quote author=radman link=topic=78752.msg817178#msg817178 date=1269786860]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Even if we shrink to more profit, it means more profit. That will help our Variable Pay Plan. I think we need to settle down and rethink things. I am seeing a lot of "out of control" actions happening around here right now and not seeing the profit to go with it. Remember, service is number one here, when that fails, profit fails.

[quote author=Rat link=topic=78752.msg817258#msg817258 date=1269799293]
[/quote]

Its our own fault that service is lacking.

The LH dept. has the SCs dancing on a string building ESL lanes that eventually go on big boxes...

This is assinine.

In the smaller SCs it causes late departures for the FACs...and late arrivals to service the next day freight at the original departing SCs.

There comes a point where you have cut to the chase...load the freight and get it the hell off the property.

LH is trying to run the FACs from the SCs...some things make sense...pures and the like..some of it is simply dumb!

It causes late departures and late arrivals to the FACs...so nothing is gained and service suffers.

Rat

[/quote]

Amen. I am watching our freight come back in from the FAC's late and it just kills us that night. Getting out later and later. If we have a spike in freight ( like we had this week ) the lates are so amplified that we might as well make it 2nd day freight. Linehaul is killing us and I don't know why the higher ups can't see this. Is it one of those cases that they put linehaul in charge and it is going to work no matter what? :popcorn:

[quote author=xcsp link=topic=78752.msg817289#msg817289 date=1269807132]
[/quote]

Great post :clap:
I am also a laid off Roadway from sept 2009 and I am lucky that Conway gave me a job I start Monday the 29th and I also have a family to feed and will be happy to be back at work.
xcsp
[/quote]
congratulations and welcome aboard.