XPO | Rate Increase

Has nothing to do with the shortage. Did you get a raise ? Did your health care go down ?
Well if you read the link one of the things they mention is it is needed due to driver shortage. Aparantly that means they are going to pay us the 4.91% increase seeing that is the reason for the increase. SWEET...,

Well if you read the link one of the things they mention is it is needed due to driver shortage. Aparantly that means they are going to pay us the 4.91% increase seeing that is the reason for the increase. SWEET...,
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a raise. I doubt we get one until this time next year. Everyone else is getting big raises to compete for the shrinking pool of qualified drivers. Once we start to fall behind on compensation and cannot attract drivers, a raise is sure to follow. Having no problems hiring and retaining drivers at my place right now.

If you believe they are giving the drivers a 4.9 percent increase from a general rate increase, you may want to reread what it says after the driver shortage language. Remember, the driver always comes last when it comes to pay increase.

The customer has to get tired of the up down rate increases . If OD can operate with a 85 OR without the rates fluctuating why can't we? OD generated half the money we did last year but cleared a better profit. Seems like if Conway wanted to help the bottom line they would reduce damages.

When I read that I saw and understood it that the company can charge more and make more money for itself because there isn't sufficient competition. Not that they had any intention of passing it along.

We were due a raise this summer with all the raises going around elsewhere. Instead of that, we got sold.

The customer has to get tired of the up down rate increases . If OD can operate with a 85 OR without the rates fluctuating why can't we? OD generated half the money we did last year but cleared a better profit. Seems like if Conway wanted to help the bottom line they would reduce damages.

How do you do that with morale the way it is right now ?

I agree morale hasn't seemed to recover from everything . In my opinion (which doesn't mean much) the morale issue is leadership and drivers fault. It's a daily thing to hear people pointing fingers at everyone and nobody taking ownership of nothing . It's always someone else's fault or not my job attitude . Fos's could careless how a trailer looks as long as it fits and half of the dock hands don't have a clue. To answer your question though, it starts with accountability . We make good money to do a job and our customers shouldn't suffer because a fos doesn't have sense God gave a goose or driver thinks he is entitled to a job. Just my opinion ,it may not be right but it's a opinion . Take care , I gotta inspect my bed .

Treat your drivers like drivers,(respect), be selective of freight you haul ( stay away from big nationals) Walmart, Home Depot , etc. train your people with people who know how to do the job, not with people who think they know how to do it. Yearly pay raises , every year with no strings attached. Did I mention respect???

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a raise. I doubt we get one until this time next year. Everyone else is getting big raises to compete for the shrinking pool of qualified drivers. Once we start to fall behind on compensation and cannot attract drivers, a raise is sure to follow. Having no problems hiring and retaining drivers at my place right now.
I've been waiting for that big raise to follow over at Holland for quite a while now! Your comment makes perfect sense, but some in upper management don't always have common sense!

Treat your drivers like drivers,(respect), be selective of freight you haul ( stay away from big nationals) Walmart, Home Depot , etc. train your people with people who know how to do the job, not with people who think they know how to do it. Yearly pay raises , every year with no strings attached. Did I mention respect???
Well that's not happening. I work for Holland and XPO just undercut one of our major accounts (Protrans). Major IB for Memphis. Ooch.

I keep seeing statements that freight damages have a direct correlation to low morale. I can see where being lackadaisical (from being unhappy) Might cause some damages, however if an employee intentionally damaged freight in response to his or hers unhappiness with their jobs, they should be fired on the spot. Damaged freight equals mad customers which equals less freight which leads to layoffs. Intentionally damaging freight should not be tolerated under any circumstances.

I keep seeing statements that freight damages have a direct correlation to low morale. I can see where being lackadaisical (from being unhappy) Might cause some damages, however if an employee intentionally damaged freight in response to his or hers unhappiness with their jobs, they should be fired on the spot. Damaged freight equals mad customers which equals less freight which leads to layoffs. Intentionally damaging freight should not be tolerated under any circumstances.
Damage freight isn't just from upset drivers . We got guys that has on been on the dock a month or so training people . We got fos's saying make the freight fit . We're loading vans that do not have safe stack but salinger safe stack to our customers . There is enough blame to go around . Hopefully everyone will see this as a opportunity for a fresh start without loosing senority .