ABF | RB's Infinite Wisdom

2020 and 2021 have been very profitable for investors. 2022 will not be.
Some form of the Biden bill will pass sending the economy into a death spiral.
Inflation will continue wiping out any wage increases. Consumer spending will fall because after paying necessary expenses there will be less discretionary income.
The price of crude oil will go above $100 a barrel.
Corporate profits will fall. Some companies will fail. Jobs will be lost.
The Federal Reserve will raise interest rates and decrease the money supply to counter out of control inflation.
Russia will use natural gas supplies as a weapon against Europe.
China and Korea will become more aggressive.
Covid cases will surge in the undeveloped nations and among the unvaccinated.
The second quarter of 2022 will be the start of a worldwide recession.

I wrote this on the Rock's " it must be so because RB says so" thread on November 24, 2021.
Never doubt the Blade. I am never wrong.

The November election will see the Republicans win a majority of the House of Representatives but fail to win control of the Senate. Either Joe Manchin or Krysten Sinema will switch parties in January giving control of the senate to the Republicans.
Sometime after January 20, 2023, Harris will become president. The date is important because it will allow her to potentially serve 10 years as president.
The economy will stagnate in 2023. Biden/Harris will veto any changes the congress tries to make to energy policies.
China does not want to destroy Taiwan because they want the manufacturing complex intact. China will blockade Taiwan. The United States, Britain, Japan and Australia will become involved in a limited shooting war with the Chinese. We will lose. China will take Taiwan.
Conspiracy theorist alert!

2020 and 2021 have been very profitable for investors. 2022 will not be.
Some form of the Biden bill will pass sending the economy into a death spiral.
Inflation will continue wiping out any wage increases. Consumer spending will fall because after paying necessary expenses there will be less discretionary income.
The price of crude oil will go above $100 a barrel.
Corporate profits will fall. Some companies will fail. Jobs will be lost.
The Federal Reserve will raise interest rates and decrease the money supply to counter out of control inflation.
Russia will use natural gas supplies as a weapon against Europe.
China and Korea will become more aggressive.
Covid cases will surge in the undeveloped nations and among the unvaccinated.
The second quarter of 2022 will be the start of a worldwide recession.

I wrote this on the Rock's " it must be so because RB says so" thread on November 24, 2021.
Never doubt the Blade. I am never wrong.
Well go ahead and pat yourself on the back there Nostradumbass. Stating what was obvious to most was no great achievement. But if it makes you feel better, then go ahead and feel good about yourself and the rest of us will ooooh and ahhhhh over your psychic abilities to predict the future. Need I remind you of this post!!
  1. #YRC Meets and Turns

The truth will be in the result. Write me again in 6-9 months. Doors will close in less than a year. Get ahead of the rush and get on with a profitable and secure company. UPS Parcel is not a freight company. Look at their cost structure. UPS hubs are manned by part timers with few benefits...

Well go ahead and pat yourself on the back there Nostradumbass. Stating what was obvious to most was no great achievement. But if it makes you feel better, then go ahead and feel good about yourself and the rest of us will ooooh and ahhhhh over your psychic abilities to predict the future. Need I remind you of this post!!
  1. #YRC Meets and Turns

The truth will be in the result. Write me again in 6-9 months. Doors will close in less than a year. Get ahead of the rush and get on with a profitable and secure company. UPS Parcel is not a freight company. Look at their cost structure. UPS hubs are manned by part timers with few benefits...
"Never doubt the Blade. He is never wrong."
Hahahahahahahaha

1. #YRC Meets and Turns

I remember this post and I couldn't find it....so in another thread I said he has predicted Yellows demise before and he came back and said he never has.....

I remember this post and I couldn't find it....so in another thread I said he has predicted Yellows demise before and he came back and said he never has.....
Since we are now making predictions, I am going to go out on limb and predict the next president will be either a Republican or a Democrat. Or maybe an Independent. And unlike Blade, I am rarely correct. But I feel pretty confident in this prediction!!!
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Since we are now making predictions, I am going to go out on limb and predict the next president will be either a Republican or a Democrat. Or maybe an Independent. And unlike Blade, I am rarely correct. But I feel pretty confident in this prediction!!!
:lmao::lmao::lmao:
Good predictions, but like you said mostly obvious.... RB has posted this information two other times that I can think of.....I think he may break his arm from all the patting himself on the back that he has done....Poor RB, I bet his parents didn't praise him enough when he was a child....so RB on behalf of all the guys on the ABF board I will say it....Thank You for all those wonderful (obvious) predictions...
:19: :lmao: :15: :1036316054:

1. #YRC Meets and Turns

Where have you been? Doors are closing.
One Yellow is the last gasp of a dying company. Consolidation of terminals comes first. Next will be smaller break bulks with more mini breaks. The final gasp will be all meet turns and no outside vendors with breakdowns being handled by the nearest terminal. The flexibility and cost savings of utility drivers will help but it's not going to be enough. I have consistently said 2024 will be the end, check my posts. The inflationary cost of healthcare and the Teamsters refusal to accept co-pays and minimal employee paid premiums will be the end. Watch the tire banks. The fewer tires on hand, the worse the future is for any trucking company.

BTW: I don't have to predict the future. I merely have to look back at it.

I have consistently said 2024 will be the end, check my posts. The inflationary cost of healthcare and the Teamsters refusal to accept co-pays and minimal employee paid premiums will be the end. Watch the tire banks. The fewer tires on hand, the worse the future is for any trucking company.

Ok....then you didn't post this?
"The truth will be in the result. Write me again in 6-9 months. Doors will close in less than a year."
Tell the truth Blade on these questions.....
Did you predict Yellow bankruptcy in 2009 to people you know?
Have you predicted bankruptcy for them other times in the last dozen years?
I personally have thought the end is near for them many times....I have quit trying to figure it out....this cat has more than nine lives....

Where have you been? Doors are closing.
One Yellow is the last gasp of a dying company. Consolidation of terminals comes first. Next will be smaller break bulks with more mini breaks. The final gasp will be all meet turns and no outside vendors with breakdowns being handled by the nearest terminal. The flexibility and cost savings of utility drivers will help but it's not going to be enough. I have consistently said 2024 will be the end, check my posts. The inflationary cost of healthcare and the Teamsters refusal to accept co-pays and minimal employee paid premiums will be the end. Watch the tire banks. The fewer tires on hand, the worse the future is for any trucking company.

Dodge and deflect all you want to. But, the bottom line is that was your quote I posted in post #67 above from 2021. Never wrong huh!!!

Here is another one of your famous quotes. I am pretty sure the DOT would disagree.

Razorblade

Well-Known Member​

You can work as many hours as you like. Hours of service is for driving. Drive 8 hours and then work the dock 8 hours, perfectly legal.
SOR, I hate to say it but he's correct here. DOT regulates only when and for how long you can drive. You have to count all time on the dock as on duty not driving but there's no limit to that time.

SOR, I hate to say it but he's correct here. DOT regulates only when and for how long you can drive. You have to count all time on the dock as on duty not driving but there's no limit to that time.
BTW: 16 hour shifts and 6 days a week sounds like a hog board linehaul driver.
Stick your head in the sand, blame the government and deregulation or all the troubles in the industry. Yes, labor is a commodity. Yes, companies exist to make money. Yes, if you don't see that, you have a problem.
You can work as many hours as you like. Hours of service is for driving. Drive 8 hours and then work the dock 8 hours, perfectly legal.
Triplex, I need you to explain to me how a linehaul or city driver can work 16 hour shifts and 6 days a week like Blade claims. Obviously I am missing something as a driver is limited to 14 hours a day combined on/off duty driving (11 hours max driving), with a minimum of 10 hours off duty and a total of 70 hours before being required to use a 34 hour restart before going back on duty. Blades example adds up to 96 hours in six days and 16 hours a day on/off duty driving.

Last edited:
You are correct but when he stated this ABF was not using a reset and was on the 60 hour clock...so in this scenario the driver would be done driving after his fourth day and become a dock worker for the rest of his career as he would never get his hours back to drive if he worked the rest of the week as a dock worker at the same 16 hours a day......

Triplex, I need you to explain to me how a linehaul or city driver can work 16 hour shifts and 6 days a week like Blade claims. Obviously I am missing something as a driver is limited to 14 hours a day combined on/off duty driving (11 hours max driving), with a minimum of 10 hours off duty and a total of 70 hours before being required to use a 34 hour restart before going back on duty. Blades example adds up to 96 hours in six days and 16 hours a day on/off duty driving.
You are correct but when he stated this ABF was not using a reset and was on the 60 hour clock...so in this scenario the driver would be done driving after his fourth day and become a dock worker for the rest of his career as he would never get his hours back to drive if he worked the rest of the week as a dock worker at the same 16 hours a day......
Guys, I'm looking at the scenario he mentioned as only that particular day, not projecting to any other days into the future. My point was that DOT regulates only DRIVING not WORK hours. Sorry for any confusion.