FedEx Freight | RD vacation pay?

pompano

TB Lurker
Credits
Has anyone heard any rumors about a change? Something is up my ccm said he would do a pre shift once he gets all the info. The rumor is that they are only going to pay us 8hrs regular pay. Anyone else here anything?

I just got something in the mail yesterday and that is how I interperated it. (please don't sick the spelling police on me)

I got a letter yesterday and it's the same one I got last year that shows your vacation hourly rate for next year. It shows your hourly plus any compensated activities, funeral leave, mileage, drop hook etc. Basically they take what you gross in the previous 52 weeks and divide it by 52 weeks then again by 40 hr week to get your hourly average. The letter stated my hourly vacation rate for next year will be $41 hr.

Oh boy here we go !!! This is going to turn out like the one board seniority thing the holy moly! !!! Am I happy about it if it happens no but in all reality what are you gonna do quit? That will show them! !!

We get paid a flat 8 hrs for holidays, PTO days. It sucks when you are used to working 14 hrs a day on line but get piad for 8 for everything else.

We get paid a flat 8 hrs for holidays, PTO days. It sucks when you are used to working 14 hrs a day on line but get piad for 8 for everything else.

It doesnt matter to me either way about getting paid on holidays. But its kind of unfair to base all your benefits on an 8 hr wok day when you work almost twice that.

It doesnt matter to me either way about getting paid on holidays. But its kind of unfair to base all your benefits on an 8 hr wok day when you work almost twice that.
Quit complaining, you get paid a higher rate for vacation but not for your holidays!!! BOO HOO!!!! Be thankful for what you get!!!

Letter showed up today.

Using their wording, they take your eligible compensation and then divide by 2080 to get your hourly rate for vacation pay.

So as someone above stated, your previous years wages, divided by the number of hours you were eligible to work

Mine came out to around 30/hr

I just got something in the mail yesterday and that is how I interperated it. (please don't sick the spelling police on me)

You have to Read that letter real Close. The only change to the Vacation Wage Calulation Pay Out effects the part time employee. All it is saying is that the company is changing the way it pays the employee who's Hourly Rate using the 1/52 method comes out lower than the standard Hourly Wage. If it computes lower said employee will Now be paid at the Standard Hourly Wage. With the way it is done now if your 1/52 computes to 14.40 that is all you get for vacation pay, so this change is for the better.....Racer

Thanks for all the replies. Got my letter today also. I'm glad to put this rumor to rest. Have a good weekend all you truckers.