XPO | Re-Brand

So, I thought they were going to start re-branding as soon as they bought us...I have only seen 1 trailer. What gives?
So, I thought they were going to start re-branding as soon as they bought us...I have only seen 1 trailer. What gives?
Well, let's stop and think about what XPO is up against in this re-brand. At the stroke of midnight on 30 Oct.2015...Pooph!... Con-way Inc. ceased to exist and everything that was theirs instantly became Mr. Jacob's. He acquired Conway-Freight, Menlo, Conway Truck Load, Con-way Multimodal, and Conway Mfg.(Road Systems), as you know, with over 10,000 tractors, over 24,000 trailers, 582 facilities that will require new XPO signage located in 18 countries worldwide. If the cumulative effect of all those assets has your head spinning... try this on for size... you ready???... add to those numbers approximately 30,000 new employees that he inherited who will be rebranded w/ sharp looking black and red trimmed uniforms...30,000 of them. Yikes!!! Mr. Jacobs. (WOW!!! These re-brand contractors are gonna make a killing for sure). Bottom line on this re-brand... it will take quite a while to get this enormous undertaking completed to say the least. Even XPO said themselves in a FAQ that ..'it will take some considerable time to accomplish this re-brand". Look on the bright side... things are moving... we all got a new black cap, a bright red T-shirt (well, at least some of us got these token re-brand items LOL), we even have XPO printed on our pay subs now... they took our size for XPO jackets that must surely be on their way to our sic's seeing how the Midwest just got slammed w/ a winter blast of cold and snow, and the digital read out on our fuel pumps now read XPO Logistics. Isn't that some progress??? Yeah, I know everybody wants to see one of those new pups w/ the nifty dual logo paint scheme pull in to their yard. I know I'll have my camera ready when that happens here. This wait kinda reminds me of Christmas when I was a kid. I'd sneak down stairs to the Christmas tree several times during the night to see if Santa brought me what I'd requested... and every time that I checked there'd be nothing. But after I'd given up and went to sleep... I'd wake up at the crack of dawn and run downstairs and there it was...the gift that I was longing to see. PATIENCE!!! Change is on the way... and it will be a little while longer... but for now... you'll have to go back to bed and go to sleep or Santa won't come.

We went through this in 2006. Almost 10 years ago and we still have trailers and tractors that received no rebranding then - so you'd have to think we'll get similar results this time around as well.

Sounds like a very long nap to me. Happy Thanksgiving and Christmas is around the next curve. I hope your rebranding does not take as long as YRC. is taking. :1036316054:

They have decided with the new aquisitions of trucking companies, to consolidate, and rebrand all as Consolidated Freightways. And if karma is real, you have a surprise waiting for you on Labor day.

The 5 billion in debt will facilitate the surprise, not innovative accounting or managerial sabatoge this time.

:wtflol:
Well, let's stop and think about what XPO is up against in this re-brand. At the stroke of midnight on 30 Oct.2015...Pooph!... Con-way Inc. ceased to exist and everything that was theirs instantly became Mr. Jacob's. He acquired Conway-Freight, Menlo, Conway Truck Load, Con-way Multimodal, and Conway Mfg.(Road Systems), as you know, with over 10,000 tractors, over 24,000 trailers, 582 facilities that will require new XPO signage located in 18 countries worldwide. If the cumulative effect of all those assets has your head spinning... try this on for size... you ready???... add to those numbers approximately 30,000 new employees that he inherited who will be rebranded w/ sharp looking black and red trimmed uniforms...30,000 of them. Yikes!!! Mr. Jacobs. (WOW!!! These re-brand contractors are gonna make a killing for sure). Bottom line on this re-brand... it will take quite a while to get this enormous undertaking completed to say the least. Even XPO said themselves in a FAQ that ..'it will take some considerable time to accomplish this re-brand". Look on the bright side... things are moving... we all got a new black cap, a bright red T-shirt (well, at least some of us got these token re-brand items LOL), we even have XPO printed on our pay subs now... they took our size for XPO jackets that must surely be on their way to our sic's seeing how the Midwest just got slammed w/ a winter blast of cold and snow, and the digital read out on our fuel pumps now read XPO Logistics. Isn't that some progress??? Yeah, I know everybody wants to see one of those new pups w/ the nifty dual logo paint scheme pull in to their yard. I know I'll have my camera ready when that happens here. This wait kinda reminds me of Christmas when I was a kid. I'd sneak down stairs to the Christmas tree several times during the night to see if Santa brought me what I'd requested... and every time that I checked there'd be nothing. But after I'd given up and went to sleep... I'd wake up at the crack of dawn and run downstairs and there it was...the gift that I was longing to see. PATIENCE!!! Change is on the way... and it will be a little while longer... but for now... you'll have to go back to bed and go to sleep or Santa won't come.
Oh my God, can you get anymore cornnyer? Its just a trucking company!:lmao::lmao::lmao:

They have decided with the new aquisitions of trucking companies, to consolidate, and rebrand all as Consolidated Freightways. And if karma is real, you have a surprise waiting for you on Labor day.

The 5 billion in debt will facilitate the surprise, not innovative accounting or managerial sabatoge this time.

Wow, two whole paragraphs. Your sentence structures on your ramblings are getting better. Keep up the good work.

Last edited:
Reactions: ESP
We went through this in 2006. Almost 10 years ago and we still have trailers and tractors that received no rebranding then - so you'd have to think we'll get similar results this time around as well.
Maybe... but I have a hunch that Mr. Jacobs, w/ his deep pockets, will prioritize re-branding and not drag it out too long like Con-way did. Remember he is building a global brand that he wants quick commercial recognition of as soon as possible so that he can get this entity of his off the ground and begin to really make BIG MONEY for himself an XPO shareholders. Then add to that, the fact that himself said, "we can't have 15 brands...I've retired many successful brands."

Maybe... but I have a hunch that Mr. Jacobs, w/ his deep pockets, will prioritize re-branding and not drag it out too long like Con-way did. Remember he is building a global brand that he wants quick commercial recognition of as soon as possible so that he can get this entity of his off the ground and begin to really make BIG MONEY for himself an XPO shareholders. Then add to that, the fact that himself said, "we can't have 15 brands...I've retired many successful brands."
We will see. Mr. Jacobs "deep pockets" are NOT bottomless - he still has a responsibility to investors , banks , and shareholders.

Most of us haven't received a raise since the beginning of this year , and this is a cyclical business ( like a roller coaster , it goes up and down ) No matter how Brad may feel , practicality may win out. ( The need to take care of more important financial matters )

Look at some other examples: Vitran/PJax/Central Transport , Roadway/Yellow/YRCW , Watkins/FedEx Freight , Overnight/UPS Freight - some of these companies are HUGE ( dozens of times bigger than XPO Logistics/Con-way ) and they have never totally re-branded their fleets.

Not trying to throw a wet blanket on the good times , just being realistic. Also , he cleaned house at the top but we still have TONS of "old thinking" management that remains. They know nothing but thinking INSIDE the box - the Con-way Inc box.

Last edited:

If your "hunch" were correct don't you think we would've seen at least one rebranded trailer or truck by now? I've been to at least 4 different FAC's since the takeover and have yet to see even one. Maybe he's considering selling Freight along with Truckload. After all we did all hear him say Menlo was the " crown jewel" of the Conway purchase

They had better give us a raise next year. In my part of the world we made more than every other LTL except UPSF but now everyone has almost caught up or passed us. The new ownership has got to pay to play if they want to attract and retain drivers.

Rebranding will happen when it happens. I just want a good looking uniform. There are so many rumors about where our freight levels will be, and how we will be paid. No one knows till it happens.

UQpEA4p.jpg

Rebranding will happen when it happens. I just want a good looking uniform. There are so many rumors about where our freight levels will be, and how we will be paid. No one knows till it happens.
Those uniforms will get you a raise and girls !!!!!!

If your "hunch" were correct don't you think we would've seen at least one rebranded trailer or truck by now? I've been to at least 4 different FAC's since the takeover and have yet to see even one. Maybe he's considering selling Freight along with Truckload. After all we did all hear him say Menlo was the " crown jewel" of the Conway purchase
Yeah, its seems that we should have spotted at least one piece of re-branded equipment by now. You haven't seen any re-branded equipment yet, I haven't, and I bet a whole bunch of other XL employees haven't either. Maybe you're right that he is planning on dumping LTL along w/ TL. The only problem w/ that theory is that it would not make any economic sense. Why would Mr. Jacobs go into debt to the tune of over $6 billion by acquiring two asset heavy trucking companies, (NDS in France and CNW in N. America), just to get rid of them? Granted that there is speculation that he is seriously contemplating selling TL, but if he did... the intent there would be to pay down on the $290 million debt that he incurred from CNW. Besides that, he said that he wants hard assets so that he would have controlled capacity when it really begins to tighten up in the near future. Sure he was after Menlo... and he got it. This 'crown jewel' was highly prized and added to his contract logistics footprint. However, he realizes too that his customers also like the idea that he now has assets available to meet their shipping needs. You think all the money that he's already invested on hats, t-shirts and the refrigerator magnets is gonna be or nought? lol

Yeah, its seems that we should have spotted at least one piece of re-branded equipment by now. You haven't seen any re-branded equipment yet, I haven't, and I bet a whole bunch of other XL employees haven't either. Maybe you're right that he is planning on dumping LTL along w/ TL. The only problem w/ that theory is that it would not make any economic sense. Why would Mr. Jacobs go into debt to the tune of over $6 billion by acquiring two asset heavy trucking companies, (NDS in France and CNW in N. America), just to get rid of them? Granted that there is speculation that he is seriously contemplating selling TL, but if he did... the intent there would be to pay down on the $290 million debt that he incurred from CNW. Besides that, he said that he wants hard assets so that he would have controlled capacity when it really begins to tighten up in the near future. Sure he was after Menlo... and he got it. This 'crown jewel' was highly prized and added to his contract logistics footprint. However, he realizes too that his customers also like the idea that he now has assets available to meet their shipping needs. You think all the money that he's already invested on hats, t-shirts and the refrigerator magnets is gonna be or nought? lol
if you took the time to listen to the conf.call with the investors you would've heard him talk about being to late in the package sector and the LTL he bought opened his eyes as to how this works with his white glove service he wants to be the biggest&best "global" LTL provider.and that whole white glove thing for us is most likely that we bring freight to our barn those guys take it from there.because i can assure the last person you want installing your electronics is "MOI"

rumors have it he's not fond of leasing building,i got that from my scm take it for what you will! so to keep me positive i'm gonna run with that and i cant wait to get our new barn built(a man needs a dream sometimes,to keep the faith)