TForce | Re-Branding STOPPED!

doesn't matter what the color of the truck is if you can not get the freight there in one piece.
what a pathetic company. I bet ups is getting a sour taste in their mouth when they say the word overnite, I bet they wish we were all gone overnite (like tomorrow)and this whole fiasco would be a bad dream. ha ha what a friggin joke.

doesn't matter what the color of the truck is if you can not get the freight there in one piece.
what a pathetic company. I bet ups is getting a sour taste in their mouth when they say the word overnite, I bet they wish we were all gone overnite (like tomorrow)and this whole fiasco would be a bad dream. ha ha what a friggin joke.

You never know, Your wish could come true and then you might find some peace in your mind in the unemployment line.:biglaugh:

First off, welcome to the boards Nightwalker1116!!! As far as the fiscal year theory, it's possible. Anything is possible. One thing is for sure, Buster Brown is tight lipped about all it's operation. That's why we call it speculation!!!

The rumor I heard was that the vendors wasn't priming them first and that is why the paint is coming off. UPS didn't like that it would cost more so they are just going to wear them out and replace them with new ones. RUMOR RUMOR RUMOR....BLAH BLAH BLAH

Maybe it costs to much to prime them first.
But what does a wash job cost?
They should at least try washing them instead on painting over all of the dirt.
We are a shopless terminal,but for you that have shops.
What do these tractors look like coming out of the wash bays?
Is all the paint still on them?

Talked to a UPSF IE guy the other day. All new pups will not have nose poles. The landing gear will be moved forward a tad.

Alright thats great news hugnlug,although its hard to believe our company has been so clueless about moving the landing legs before now?
How long have we been seeing Motor Cargo pup trailers without those junky nose poles,and now they are finally getting the picture?

Heres another funny thing while I'm at it.
southerngrits TM says no more new equipment before the first of next year.
Skeeterhawk says theres new equipment on the way.

One more good example that all of our terminals are on the same page concerning company business?

HA,HA,HA,YUK,YUK,you've got to love this company!!

I know thats right hugnlug.
I'm just posting how funny it is that all the terminals seem to be on a different wave link,and don't know what every other terminal is doing?

The really laughable thing is that these poor TM's have to get reammed out by the highier ups in Richmonds high tower,and they still seem like they don't know whats going on in the other terminals?

I think we have 206 terminals,so this means every terminal may get at least one new truck.
The remaining 94 could have all of the terminals having a lottory with numbers drawn for the rest?

Just a thought,you know I'm always thinking of ways to help out our company.

Talked to a UPSF IE guy the other day. All new pups will not have nose poles. The landing gear will be moved forward a tad.

That won't be good for us. We have about 20+ rentals that are tandem/sleepers and the mud flaps are getting caught on some of the trailers now (even with the 5th wheel all the way back).
In fact, our term. paid something like 3 to 4 thousand dollars for mudflaps that Penske had to replace on the tractors.

That won't be good for us. We have about 20+ rentals that are tandem/sleepers and the mud flaps are getting caught on some of the trailers now (even with the 5th wheel all the way back).
In fact, our term. paid something like 3 to 4 thousand dollars for mudflaps that Penske had to replace on the tractors.

I guess they will just have to remove the mudflaps and outside tires form the rear axle of the tractor like they do for Yellow and Roadway.

Yeah whats wrong with our company?
Sometimes I wounder,why the higher ups in the headquarters in the Richmond high tower don't do a little research when they are shelling out their cash?

They could look around to see how other LTL companies deal with there equipment needs.

I think we are one of the last hold outs to eliminate the nose pools.
Why don't they investigate other LTL operation to see how they are getting along running their pup trailers without poles.
I mean gee wiz already give me a break,sometimes I really wounder what our authority figures are thinking?

Its amazing to hear all the preaching this outfit does on how to eliminate costs. I have never seen a company that is so penny wise and dollar foolish. Maybe its time they start listening to there employee's.

You've got that right BusterNite.
I've posted this fact many times in the past.
I've worked for 15 LTL companies in my 44 years of trucking,only two are still operating.
Yellow,and UPS.
All of the other companies we workers gave it our best,and when they pulled up stakes,and closed their doors they all stated the very same reasons for folding up.

(POOR MANAGEMENT)!!!

Maybe if they'd just stop to listen to their workers on how they were running their operations they'd still be doing business today?

These big companies think they can run a profitable business with what I call foreign dispatching.
The upper management holding conference calls to an intire region of terminals.
Treating all of those TM's like they are totally clueless.
How do they think they can call the shots on a local operation, sitting in their comfortable office in Richmond?

Oh my I'm on a roll.
I better shut up,someone might be getting ready to rat me out for my strong opinions regarding our company?

Maybe it costs to much to prime them first.
But what does a wash job cost?
They should at least try washing them instead on painting over all of the dirt.
We are a shopless terminal,but for you that have shops.
What do these tractors look like coming out of the wash bays?
Is all the paint still on them?

Did they start outsourcing the painting yet? Maybe I'm way behind times.When they started painting stuff last year the HRS shop was getting the brunt of it . I was kidding around with the personal mgr. last year because we were so slow I asked him if we could sand tractors or something. He said most of it was going to be outsourced. But all the trailers I go into, does'nt seem like much is being painted. And I see alot of trailers. You think they would paint the 26-5000 series and up. Even some of the newer deck trailers have'nt been painted yet.Talk about cheap! Of couse look at our healthcare.It's **** poor!

I've seen here posted on the truckingboards awhile back that they were taking the tractors to Maco auto paint shops.
So far I haven't seen any of the 18000 sereis Volvo's re-painted,but have seen the 62000Internationals re-branded.
We have one 45 foot route trailer re-branded,and three brand new 48 foot UPS Freight route trailers replacing our old junky Overnite trailers.

Other then this information I can't offer anymore.
I'm only a city driver,and don't know whats going on outside of my local terminal?

Did they start outsourcing the painting yet? Maybe I'm way behind times.When they started painting stuff last year the HRS shop was getting the brunt of it . I was kidding around with the personal mgr. last year because we were so slow I asked him if we could sand tractors or something. He said most of it was going to be outsourced. But all the trailers I go into, does'nt seem like much is being painted. And I see alot of trailers. You think they would paint the 26-5000 series and up. Even some of the newer deck trailers have'nt been painted yet.Talk about cheap! Of couse look at our healthcare.It's **** poor!
Why brand something that`s going to the slaughter house...Also ,everyday, I personally give them twenty to thirty dollars a day to compensate dock worker pay, or whomsoever they deem necessary pay on my time $$$ given.Come to think of it dock payroll is probably financed by driver wait time.

Oh my how disilusioned were we old Overnite workers?
That we thought the UPS buy out was going to be the best thing that could happen for our company.
We thought surelly UPS had the deep pockets needed to upgrad our fleet,as soon as they took over.
But WHHHHA HOP(N)ED?

We've been operating under the UPS brand name now for one whole year,and we are still looking for big upgrade on our equipment.

Also you know I'm going to be a cry baby on one more issue while I'm at.
Wheres our UPS Freight signage?
We still have the big Overnite sign at our entrance,and no signs anywhere on our terminal building.

WHAAA,HA,BOO,WHO,WHO!!!!!