ABF | Re-call

When we got off duty about 1600, the DIs would always have us a nice cookout or take us to a bar for a beer or even a movie.
Yep, Ft Jackson was all fun and games, sometimes leisure walks up Tank Hill just to break the monotony.
You do know if any current or former DI reads your post, you will be responsible for their demise. For they will laugh them self to death reading this fairy tale. von.

You do know if any current or former DI reads your post, you will be responsible for their demise. For they will laugh them self to death reading this fairy tale. von.

I'd hope he was laughing, if that guy screamed in Ft Jackson S C, Mud would hear him in New Mexico
Talk about running a 4-minute mile, shucks, he could run 20 miles in 4 minutes.

Reactions: mud
I remember Gunny told us our rifle was our best friend because it could save our lives. He said friends/girlfriends can't always be depended on. After all these years I still feel insecure with out a weapon. Some things you learn in the military never leave you. I still align my shirt, pants & belt buckle in a line. That was known as your 'Gig' line because you could be 'gigged' if you were caught with uniform infractions.
Giggitty?

A favorite initiation to military life was when you get your first GI haircut. The barber asked if you would like to keep your sideburns, then clip them off & put them in your hand.
When you arrive @ MCRD the first thing they do as you get off the bus is give you a haircut. And as you get out of the chair you say to yourself 'oh ::shit::', and wonder why in the hell you ever walked thru the doors of AFEES. von.

When you arrive @ MCRD the first thing they do as you get off the bus is give you a haircut. And as you get out of the chair you say to yourself 'oh :::shit:::', and wonder why in the hell you ever walked thru the doors of AFEES. von.

They brought in hairstylist for us, we would choose our own style.
This was after we got up around 830 or 9 am.
If we had a few late sleepers, we just watched tv till they decided to rise and shine.
Guess you might say"the life of Riley"

They brought in hairstylist for us, we would choose our own style.
This was after we got up around 830 or 9 am.
If we had a few late sleepers, we just watched tv till they decided to rise and shine.
Guess you might say"the life of Riley"
Were you the one that suggested that the 5-mile run the DI wanted us to do right at revile be postponed until the platoon was better rested? Which quickly earned us a 10-mile run?

Somewhere there must be a DI who happened to read the post by Seabreeze who had to go on sick call because he can't stop laughing. From a DI's standpoint, 'a few late sleepers' had to be the final straw for the sick DI. Who says being a soldier isn't fun. von.

Somewhere there must be a DI who happened to read the post by Seabreeze who had to go on sick call because he can't stop laughing. From a DI's standpoint, 'a few late sleepers' had to be the final straw for the sick DI. Who says being a soldier isn't fun. von.

If any of you guys did basic at Ft Jackson, you should thank me for keeping all the cigarette butts off your parade fields.
I learned quickly, you don't tell the DI, he's teaching his class wrong, although he was.

sometimes leisure walks up Tank Hill just to break the monotony.
Tank Hill the last climb, craw, struggle before home. It gave you something to look forward to after 20 miles of walking trough the sand. S.C. humidity terrible, never go south of the Mason Dixon line before October.