XPO | Re-Inventing the Wheel

True. Used to be a driver would get “promoted” to FOS. Not so much anymore. Now on the rare occasion that happens, the driver turned management usually quits, especially since they can no longer go back to driving (unless they want to start over with seniority).

True. Used to be a driver would get “promoted” to FOS. Not so much anymore. Now on the rare occasion that happens, the driver turned management usually quits, especially since they can no longer go back to driving (unless they want to start over with seniority).
They don't have the option to go back to driving within 30 days any more?

We lost our biggest outbound customer 18 months ago because we didn’t make money on them. They kept our trailers full, nice, square, heavy freight. No money to be made. Sucks for my barn, but better for the bottom line. This is one reason that after more than 13 years, I’m 8 out of 10 linehaul drivers. We can’t seem to “grow the business”.

Results matter. You gotta take one for the team. The company is turning a massive profit. The bottom line above all else.

I agree. Why haul freight and not make money, either because it is not profitable to begin with or the freight is always damaged and we pay out too much in claims. With that said, how about sharing the wealth with a good size raise for everyone (not just drivers) and some real profit sharing? I can dream, right?

A health care plan that actually covers something ? That would be fun.

How do you figure. no matter how you moved the freight the total weight would still be the same

Not true. Rework that trailer with the weight centered in the belly and the suspension will hold it " better ". Leading to a lower total weight reading after the axles are added up. Gaming the suspension is why some states weight the whole vehicle, not just one axle at a time.

Does anyone believe the bull :::shit::: they feed us? Haul an account for 20 years and glad to have it, then one day walk in and say we aren’t making any money. That happened to our barn. Not buying it!!

This guy is a salesman. I don't believe anything of any of it. None. But I have to say. These people can cook some books. Look at all that money this company is making !

Does anyone believe the bull :::shit::: they feed us? Haul an account for 20 years and glad to have it, then one day walk in and say we aren’t making any money. That happened to our barn. Not buying it!!
With our customer, we got undercut on pricing by NEMF (New England Motor Freight). Between inside delivery, staging trailers etc, I can believe it wasn’t worth it. Customers like that usually come back though, and this one has not. Nice heavy, tall skids, easy freight to move on the dock. I miss it for sure.

With our customer, we got undercut on pricing by NEMF (New England Motor Freight). Between inside delivery, staging trailers etc, I can believe it wasn’t worth it. Customers like that usually come back though, and this one has not. Nice heavy, tall skids, easy freight to move on the dock. I miss it for sure.
And with this point, I’ll bring up U-Line. Our barn hasn’t delivered U-Line shipments in months. A competitor next door has it. We have verified information from the competitor the reason they have it is because of our inside delivery assessorial charges. A XPO van pulls into the lot daily with what used to be our deliveries. The XPO van is from the logistics side of the company. Nevertheless, XPO.

And with this point, I’ll bring up U-Line. Our barn hasn’t delivered U-Line shipments in months. A competitor next door has it. We have verified information from the competitor the reason they have it is because of our inside delivery assessorial charges. A XPO van pulls into the lot daily with what used to be our deliveries. The XPO van is from the logistics side of the company. Nevertheless, XPO.
I thought u-line was exempt from all extra charges, residential, liftgate etc. I see it come out of Allentown Pa (I think).

We don’t have them in the Midwest either. They were the main reason for the late fac’s In our area. They demanded pick up at 8pm. It wasn’t working for us.

We don’t have them in the Midwest either. They were the main reason for the late fac’s In our area. They demanded pick up at 8pm. It wasn’t working for us.

Still have it here. But I have yet to do a residential u-line delivery. When I was in the city previously, I would do several a day. They may have weeded that out and only be dealing with business accounts.