XPO | Re-Ship-Reweighs

Why don't we need a QC guy, it's because they don't bring in money to the bottom line. They can prove we are bettter off with more Weights & Measurement guys because look how much more money they have brought in since they changed their job title.

Smoke & mirrors.

I do agree that all shipments should be rewighed at origin so that the weight of the trailers we are pulling are correct ( that is what would be safe).

L/H is starting to get back later and later everyday do to re-weighing freight at reships. Any comments? :duh:
They nickle dine us, Why not the costumer. I have noticed that people are writing up less damages. Supervisors have taken that job putting damages in the computer.

Also supervisors are now doing haz-mat clean up too, Are they trained to do this? Dose O.H.S.A. and the E.P.A know that non properly train people with out the proper safety gear is doing this?

:nutkick: it was my understanding all haz-mat clean up was to be done via vendor, as no con-way employee was to clean it up. sure f.o.s. are doing it to save the sic the cost, and then is the h/m report getting done.... the qlc jobs are gone i hear so they will come up with some other name for the person and start a whole line of leader,region, v.p.:hysterical:

:nutkick: it was my understanding all haz-mat clean up was to be done via vendor, as no con-way employee was to clean it up. sure f.o.s. are doing it to save the sic the cost, and then is the h/m report getting done.... the qlc jobs are gone i hear so they will come up with some other name for the person and start a whole line of leader,region, v.p.:hysterical:
Are they trained to do it. Remember safety first here at CNW

L/H is starting to get back later and later everyday do to re-weighing freight at reships. Any comments? :duh:

My comment is hardly imaginative but it is with merit;
L/H is starting to get back later and later everyday do to re-weighing freight at reships.
Yup, I agree and it burns hours, gets freight out on the street later, which gets it back to the service center later, which gets it to the FAC later, which..........

i did a reweigh in xca and made the company 6k.
the weight was off by 7k.
why was this not caught on outbound???????

A F.O.S. at XLF said that there was a company in the east that started doing the same thing. They are no longer in bussiness becouse of nitpicking the customers. I wish I knew what company it was. Get the picture?

Do you people know how freight pricing works...??? Sometimes charged are based on weight, and sometimes they are based on pallet count. So for the smaller shippers account, they probably, get charged by piece per weight, so if you re-weigh and it changes, then the cost changes also, But if the shippers account is done by pallets, IT DONT CHANGE the price if the weight is off.

I once was a "DSR" like you and believed what the company told me to.

But, i do believe in reweighs to get the correct weight for the trialer loading plan.

i did a reweigh in xca and made the company 6k.
the weight was off by 7k.
why was this not caught on outbound???????

6 G's is a lot of money. Am guessing that you may have got a star card because you did this outside of XCW (No Star Land) - and you deserve one. Were you afforded any other assurances for your efforts? Am thinking along the line of a Conway Freight jacket, T shirt, or maybe 10 available sick days.

6 G's is a lot of money. Am guessing that you may have got a star card because you did this outside of XCW (No Star Land) - and you deserve one. Were you afforded any other assurances for your efforts? Am thinking along the line of a Conway Freight jacket, T shirt, or maybe 10 available sick days.
yes,yes,and yes.

On a side note to this thread, I overheard a rather interesting conversation from my terminals sales rep the other day. He said we are starting to loose some of our local accounts due to our reweighs. He stated that since other local companies such as Estes or NewPenn do not reweigh they are switching to them. For example...A 800lb skid on the bill, which reaaly weighs 1000lb after a reweigh, just gained us 200lb. What these customers are realizing is, give that same BOL, with the 800lb weight, to another carrier that does not reweigh, and presto...200lb less of a freight charge.

I am all for Con-Firm, and I agree with it 100%. Why should they get that 200lbs for free? You pay for the freight you ship right?? So should we be blaming the other carriers for NOT reweighing??

On a side note to this thread, I overheard a rather interesting conversation from my terminals sales rep the other day. He said we are starting to loose some of our local accounts due to our reweighs. He stated that since other local companies such as Estes or NewPenn do not reweigh they are switching to them. For example...A 800lb skid on the bill, which reaaly weighs 1000lb after a reweigh, just gained us 200lb. What these customers are realizing is, give that same BOL, with the 800lb weight, to another carrier that does not reweigh, and presto...200lb less of a freight charge.

I am all for Con-Firm, and I agree with it 100%. Why should they get that 200lbs for free? You pay for the freight you ship right?? So should we be blaming the other carriers for NOT reweighing??

What an epiphany! I should be mad at New Penn. Them son-of-a guns, their running off our customers. Press on

:hide:Does the freight with a re-weigh sticker filled out from the origin terminal get weighed again? If so, now that is a waste of time. :smilie_132: