XPO | Re-Ship-Reweighs

The reweigh program is a real money maker. There are other LTL companies going this.
The customer that leaves you because you are accurately weighing their product and pricing them accordingly is not a very trustworthy customer. This keeps them honest from the get-go.

In the past I've seen a 5000lb shipment being billed as a 500lb shipment. The conscientious driver had to bring that to an FOS's attention. The customer is not always right!

:hide:Does the freight with a re-weigh sticker filled out from the origin terminal get weighed again? If so, now that is a waste of time. :smilie_132:
no. the bill has a re-weight sticker on it with the new weight. The bill correction is done by the computer.

no. the bill has a re-weight sticker on it with the new weight. The bill correction is done by the computer.
That being the case, I don't have a problem with weighing the freight. From talking to drivers from the other major LTL carriers, they are all doing it.
Besides the financial aspect, there is one advantage that cannot be ignored.
If you have ever had your 12k kite pushing your 16k lead in an attempt to jack knife you when stopping on ice and snow, well, you get the picture.:smilie_132:

That being the case, I don't have a problem with weighing the freight. From talking to drivers from the other major LTL carriers, they are all doing it.
Besides the financial aspect, there is one advantage that cannot be ignored.
If you have ever had your 12k kite pushing your 16k lead in an attempt to jack knife you when stopping on ice and snow, well, you get the picture.:smilie_132:
Been there.....

Been there.....

:hide:Another good one concerning weight.
One evening I was handed my manifests, which along with the unit came out real close to 80K. I proceeded to hook and headed down the road. From the time I got on the freeway the unit just didn't feel right, I figured that one of the pups was nose or tail heavy. The first scales were closed, but when I got to the second set they were open. The red light came on when my steer axle hit it, pull it around back driver.
The scale master told me that I weighed 91K! I said no way, and showed him my manifests. He re-weighed me and printed out the weights. I asked him if I could look in the trailers to see what was up, and he said yes.
Lo and behold....someone had loaded 3, 4K totes in the lead and not manifested them. I sheepishly went back inside and told him what I had found
He asked me how much farther that trailer was going, I told him about 20 miles, then it would be stripped, and re-loaded into other trailers.
Now, this all started about 11:30pm, and by now it is 11:53. The scale master looks at me, gives me a wink and says.... my shift ends in 3 minutes, why don't you go to the next exit and make it legal, have a nice night!
Hard to believe...but true! :smilie_132:

I belive in the reweigh program, why shouldnt we get paid for what we haul. It is not just a monetary issue but a safety issue also. Other companies are doing it, I think that customers that are dishonest will eventualy run out of companies to go to because everybody will do it eventually. I also beleive we should be honest. I have run into scales that were not acurate, as much as I would love to weigh 200 lbs I know that is not how much I weigh. I have also been told by former QCL people not to reweigh because its under wheight. I told him "whats good for the goose is good for the gander". Hey Longtimeltl your story reminded me of a driver from USB several years ago that got sropped at the scales for being 83000 and his packets only showed 21000 lbs of freight.

I don't know of ANY LTL company that does not do reweighs. In fact I don't know of any major LTL company that does not employee W&I supervisors.

I think we were the last one to implement reweighs.Customers down here say all the other LTL carriers have been doing it way before us.:1036316054:It is not good how many trailers that are loaded that have several thousand pounds of freight loaded and not manifested. I have broke more trailers in the last 8-10 months that were way off on the weight,either too heavy or a lot lighter than the manifest said than i have in many years combined. Anybody pull a set that made you roadwalk lately?:biglaugh: