R&L | Re-Weigh Madness

done wrong

TB Lurker
Credits
Anybody on TruckingBoards still left working for a terminal that is in the Final Four? This is one of the BEST idea's R&L has come up with in years!! Got everybody pumped up trying to be the best in the company and their making an extra 50-60K per day in revenue.

On a different note.....hope your getting better 2nd Shift........get back to work!!

Anybody on TruckingBoards still left working for a terminal that is in the Final Four? This is one of the BEST idea's R&L has come up with in years!! Got everybody pumped up trying to be the best in the company and their making an extra 50-60K per day in revenue.

On a different note.....hope your getting better 2nd Shift........get back to work!!
I've heard about it, seen some of the info posted at other service centers...... Nothing posted about it on our walls could be out on the dock somewhere.......... Which centers are in the final four???????? Not really sure how it works are they re weighing every bill????????

Our TM took everything off the wall once we were out. I never paid much attention to it anyway. I'm a linehaul driver, so none of these contest include me anyway.:whistling:

It's MNN, CHR, SLC & PHI.....it seems like it's making some nice extra money. The scales are nice on the lifts, since know you can see what shippers are lieing on the weights and if it says on the bill 2 skids 800lbs and it's really 6,000lbs we can know get the extra money from the shipper due to the add'd weight. Even better for linehaul we know what the weights truly are and cuts down on the risk of over loading and trailer and wasting the time on back-stripping. That's the best part to me not taking the chance on handling the frt twice.

Do these scales zero down after the pallet is taken off?. I have had a lot of customers in an uproar over the W&I program ( which I know nothing about a contest). I have gotten every single one of them reversed because of errors in weight. If we are going to do this it has to be done right. Most of the issues I have had are from CHI and CHR.

Do these scales zero down after the pallet is taken off?. I have had a lot of customers in an uproar over the W&I program ( which I know nothing about a contest). I have gotten every single one of them reversed because of errors in weight. If we are going to do this it has to be done right. Most of the issues I have had are from CHI and CHR.

nope..i found this out about a month ago. myself and the salesperson in the area had a hell of a time trying to prove to r&L that a very good customer was shipping 55gal. drums that weigh 450# each, not 1120#. r&l just would not believe it,we ended up taking pics of a drum and of a drum on a scale at the term.it was rediculas(sp?).

Same thing happened with me. Had to go to the customer and have them put the drum on the scale and take a picture. Common sense would tell anyone that a 55gallon drum does not weight 1120#. Had another customer that ships 50# bags of product, 2500# skids and we reweighed and billed them 4100#. Too many errors and customers are getting upset over this. I remember when Preston tried this and they were paying the dock workers to w&i and customers were leaving because they would not reverse them. I have two more this week to address and it is a pain because you have to defend the company and the customer has to prove we are wrong. Not a good situation when it always is the same customers.

Same thing happened with me. Had to go to the customer and have them put the drum on the scale and take a picture. Common sense would tell anyone that a 55gallon drum does not weight 1120#. Had another customer that ships 50# bags of product, 2500# skids and we reweighed and billed them 4100#. Too many errors and customers are getting upset over this. I remember when Preston tried this and they were paying the dock workers to w&i and customers were leaving because they would not reverse them. I have two more this week to address and it is a pain because you have to defend the company and the customer has to prove we are wrong. Not a good situation when it always is the same customers.

the customer here understood the error, a very good customer i have been going into regularly for over 9 years, but we could not believe what r&l made them go thru,basicly just said "you prove to us we are wrong". i like working for r&l,best job i ever had but sometimes the stuff they do just seems crazy.

The W & I is a good system, but it is only as good as the system that was developed and proper training is established. One of the biggest complaint I have seen is the weight certificate is not send with the freight invoice. Then the dept. gives customer a bad time, and a good percentage the customer is correct. This dept. should not be used as a revenue gain, but used to correct problem shippers and inform them of proper business practices

As far as the forklift scales go you have to have the operator zero out the scale before picking up the next shipment. If this isn't done he (or she) will be adding the weight of the previous order onto the next one. Same thing with terminals that have drum picks once that is put on your blades it add's wgt then you must zero out the scale before scooping up the drums. Just common sense. Anyway, with the contest now it's down to two terminals for the Championship. Philly has been waiting since Wednesday after sweeping Salt Lake City and in the other bracket it will either be CHR or MNN.

at my company we had several customers that called bs on our scales and demanded to see a certified scale certificate b4 they paid any reweigh fees.

There's always problems

The last outfit I worked for had problems with the re-weighs. The scales should zero out everytime. The complaint I always got was that the scales weren't certified, they're not as accurate as floor scales, or that they didn't know that they were subject to re-weighs. I don't know if they sent anything to some of the bigger customers or not but I would be disappointed if any new service contracts don't have the re-weigh clause included.

Word just in that it's finally over!!! Philly sweeps the Championship round to finish off the contest with a Perfect record of 15-0.

I heard dock workers were standing on the pallets to get more weight to WIN the contest. Just a rumor in the system, I hope this is not true.

adding wgt to the pallets was not part of how you win the contest, and as usual probably started by one of the other terminals that got swept.....

Who was saying people were stepping on skids?
Was it somebody at the SLC terminal? They were undefeated at the
Time until they went against PHI.