XPO | Reading test or vision test?

Jeff Albertson

TB Lurker
Credits
I have a concern that a lot of our employees dont know how to read or just cant see very well. Here is a simple reading test. See if you can pass this......."Dont Double stack" ..... "Do no remove shrink-wrap". Thats it, a simple test that seems to me a lot of our employees cant pass because I see day in and day out tops of pallets crushed to hell and the "Dont double stack" sticker is right on the front of the crushed pallet. My favorite one is when you can see a pallet with the remains of the original clear shrink wrap and it stil says "Dont remove shrink wrap" uderneath our blue shrink wrap. If we would just do these two things, just these two, with out fail, WOW, we would save so much on claims of damage and shortages, but we MUST fit it on that OB trailer at all cost because we have to be "ON-Time" to the customer even if it means crushing or losing thier freight. Im sick of the customer asking "ME" if I know how to read or do our loaders. I would rather show up a day late, with the freight intact, damage free, then show up on time destroyed or short, but maybe its just me who feels this way.......And dont even get me started on the topic, "What is a broom, what is rope, and what is a load bar and what are they used for?"

I have a concern that a lot of our employees dont know how to read or just cant see very well. Here is a simple reading test. See if you can pass this......."Dont Double stack" ..... "Do no remove shrink-wrap". Thats it, a simple test that seems to me a lot of our employees cant pass because I see day in and day out tops of pallets crushed to hell and the "Dont double stack" sticker is right on the front of the crushed pallet. My favorite one is when you can see a pallet with the remains of the original clear shrink wrap and it stil says "Dont remove shrink wrap" uderneath our blue shrink wrap. If we would just do these two things, just these two, with out fail, WOW, we would save so much on claims of damage and shortages, but we MUST fit it on that OB trailer at all cost because we have to be "ON-Time" to the customer even if it means crushing or losing thier freight. Im sick of the customer asking "ME" if I know how to read or do our loaders. I would rather show up a day late, with the freight intact, damage free, then show up on time destroyed or short, but maybe its just me who feels this way.......And dont even get me started on the topic, "What is a broom, what is rope, and what is a load bar and what are they used for?"

Yestorday I cuudn't evin spel truk diver and tadoy I are one.

If we had a policy guide, I could find out if it really is company policy to remove all "Do Not Stack" stickers before we stack on said freight. But we don't so we will never know.

If we had a policy guide, I could find out if it really is company policy to remove all "Do Not Stack" stickers before we stack on said freight. But we don't so we will never know.

As we say in my bikers forum..."no pics...no bike!!!"...thus no stickers...stack the hell out of it...of course this comes into compliance with the pre-emptive removal of said stickers.

Need clarification???...call L/H

Rat

No-Sex-Causes-Bad-Eyes