XPO | Real Photos of the New XPO Logistics

Why cant they? UPS runs packages on airplanes. When you were bought Jacobs first said he is going to cut costs by eliminating duplicate technologies. So a customer eventually isnt going to call into XPO "ltl" for a pickup. He is going to call XPO and XPO will send whomever is cheapest to get the pickup and will route it the most cost effective way to the destination. UPS and Fedex have wanted to integrate their divisions for some time and have to a certain extent. This new XPO will take it to the next level because at its core they are still a 3PL
Our salespeople have been cross-selling our services for sometime now. If Truckload is what works for you , then that's what you get. If Freight is what works then that is what you get.

Getting our technology in order will be a priority since he has said so , publicly. For those of us wanting a peak at future plans - pay close attention to the account executives and what they are up to. The information and instructions they'll receive will be the blueprint for XPO Logistics/Con-way's new company and strategy.

I've seen many OTR guys with multiple stops on their trailers. Not much different than local p&d just on a bigger scale. Pick it up and peddle across the country to your destination.

Ever seen the show Shipping Wars. There are people out there living in pick up trucks and school buses moving crap all over this country. It's out there.

Well then those guys are company drivers. They work for whatever that guy calls his company that operates as an independent contractor for Roadrunner. Just like so many of the FedEx lanes are bought up by independent contractors that seat those trucks.

That will certainly be the case. What is worry some for me is that I will possibly be under bid by a driver in my own company. We need a lot more freight to justify my wage.
HS , this happens already ( Truckload hauling it cheaper than you or I ) but there is a demand for and always has been for LTL. This is a premium service ( 1 and 2 day freight ) that we do very well. Look closer at the Truckload drivers - they are the "hammers" LTL's are the scalples.

Well then those guys are company drivers. They work for whatever that guy calls his company that operates as an independent contractor for Roadrunner. Just like so many of the FedEx lanes are bought up by independent contractors that seat those trucks.
Well yes in that sense they do work for a company. Just not Roadrunner.

I think things are going to change a lot. How much, yet to be seen. But this guy loves to make money. And he will get his money.
Do you think it is unreasonable for us to expect to make our noney as he makes his? I have done very well with **** poor management, I expect to fo better assuming our company is going to be run by competent people now.

Do you think it is unreasonable for us to expect to make our noney as he makes his? I have done very well with **** poor management, I expect to fo better assuming our company is going to be run by competent people now.

Unreasonable, no. That don't make it likely. People that want money rarely want for other people to have it too.

Just ready for this to be over. Get going w/XPO. Rebranding over the Halloween weekend. New look and hopefully improved mgmt w/out the lean and cube BS.

Unreasonable, no. That don't make it likely. People that want money rarely want for other people to have it too.
You are being pessimistic which is understandable. I am being optimistic. YRC-ATM is stirring the pot which I can understand as well. I can't help but feel good about our future. I don't think Mr. Stotlar ever had our "drivers" best interests in mind and I have done well. Probably Mr. Jacobs won't either but I think he is smarter and will grow us and so I should continue to do well.

You are being pessimistic which is understandable. I am being optimistic. YRC-ATM is stirring the pot which I can understand as well. I can't help but feel good about our future. I don't think Mr. Stotlar ever had our "drivers" best interests in mind and I have done well. Probably Mr. Jacobs won't either but I think he is smarter and will grow us and so I should continue to do well.
Im not stirring anything. I hope nothing but the best for you. I have no agenda as you may think. I HAVE however been thru this a few times and am giving an objective view on it.

Im not stirring anything. I hope nothing but the best for you. I have no agenda as you may think. I HAVE however been thru this a few times and am giving an objective view on it.

Exactly, not being pessimistic. Being realistic.

I remain just barely cautiously optimistic. If the glass had water in it, it would be at 51% with a pitcher full of water sitting right next to it. Nothing but potential for a full glass. But the guy holding the pitcher set it down and walked away. So, I wait.

Nobody has been through what we are about to go through , with all due respect to your experiences.

This is a unique situation , and very few people know how things will go at this point.

You see Truckload pulling a pup making deliveries or do you see Truckload delivering a full van of freight the the guy just pulled from the.other side of the country. My brother works for Truckload and he does not do what we do.
Some of the truckload sleepers have went to freight. Might be why you see truckload pulling pups.

You kind of contradict yourself. You are going to be one company but do different services. This may be the case at first but that grey line could grow much wider over time. CEOs say alot of feel good things right after a buyout.
Yea,Look what happened and IS happening to you guys. We're all in this together............right?