XPO | Real Photos of the New XPO Logistics

72duU6O.jpg

taho0lm.jpg

Klfz4JA.jpg
I have not seen Truckload pulling our stuff.
some of truckloads trucks have been moved over to the freight side for what I have been told. They got new equipment and freight gets to run it out for the rest of its life.

some of truckloads trucks have been moved over to the freight side for what I have been told. They got new equipment and freight gets to run it out for the rest of its life.
We have bought used Truckload tractors in the past. Truckload does not run their trucks till the wheels roll off. About 600000 miles they get rid of them.

"Doesn't the extra weight of the sleeper truck reduce the weight you can haul by 4000 lbs or so?"

Truckload only hauls van so they can haul about 42000 lbs or so same as freight because they dont have a dolly. On the freight side with e s l lanes that have a sleeper and dolly only can haul 37000 lbs. Hope that explains it.

Be careful what you wish for!
Because you know what you have,but don't what your getting..
Some people look at things as the glass is half full, instead of things getting worse and the glass being half empty.
Things have just as much potential as getting much better as they do getting much worse. The fear of the unknown will drive some people crazy, where others look forward to the potential of a positive change.

Send them out in the city to the heavy stops with a long box. Go from 33K with a single axle tractor to 42K with the twin screw.
Actually they're not twin screws. They're tandems, single drive with a tag. And the last thing you want a sleeper doing is anything in the city. There are places those tractors are not meant to fit.

Actually they're not twin screws. They're tandems, single drive with a tag. And the last thing you want a sleeper doing is anything in the city. There are places those tractors are not meant to fit.

I have been sent out in one. Not my choice of equipment for sure. But just fine in most large yards. Nothing to go downtown with.

I have been sent out in one. Not my choice of equipment for sure. But just fine in most large yards. Nothing to go downtown with.
Hence my phrasing being "the last thing you want to do". Sleeper cabs make terrible city units. Now, for P&D in more rural areas or industrial parks, they're fine. But some jobs are best handled by certain types of equipment.

My terminal was using the old truckload trucks on the heavy weight volume loads as early as 4 years ago. They were getting too many overweight tickets.

My tm said there are 200 brand new Kenworths sitting at truckload in Joplin Mo. Un-branded and supposedly white. Can any truckload drivers, possibly on this forum, verify that?

My tm said there are 200 brand new Kenworths sitting at truckload in Joplin Mo. Un-branded and supposedly white. Can any truckload drivers, possibly on this forum, verify that?

Truckload "Kenworth" driver here....500 new trucks were ordered. They come in white with no branding & no super singles. They strip off tires-put on super singles (all new trucks ordered are twin screw automatics) & then branded, put on lot and wait assignment to drivers. Cannot verify the number of "200" sitting there currently. Trucks that are less than 4 years old are also on that lot - so some may have had Con-Way logo taken off waiting on XPO or (other?) branding. Hope this helps. By the way, we do get sent to the city with big trucks & it is always challenging- cringe worthy actually lol. It is not where a big truck can easily operate & I always wonder why LTL didn't go get it or deliver it for us. My truck can haul around 45600 legally. I always "wave" at you guys!!

Based on what I've been reading about XPO not related to the Con-Way purchase, Jacobs likes rail. BNSF is in the process of double tracking much of its right of way to improve service times. Not good news for linehaul.