XPO | Realignment

freightdude

TB Lurker
Credits
So, it's official now, Richmond, Winchester, and Norfolk Virginia moving from Charlotte (southern) to Philadelphia region.....and the Virginia SIC's get to keep their same southern pay scale....WTF!?!?!?
:mad:

So, it's official now, Richmond, Winchester, and Norfolk Virginia moving from Charlotte (southern) to Philadelphia region.....and the Virginia SIC's get to keep their same southern pay scale....WTF!?!?!?
There is no Southern anymore. Only Central, Eastern and Western. Why would the pay scale change now?

Its not where you are, but what they wanna pay you. Northern Virginia has one of the HIGHEST costs of living yet paid as if they do not....

There is no Southern anymore. Only Central, Eastern and Western. Why would the pay scale change now?
Well white shirt, then you can tell all the drivers south of the mason dixon line that they are making the same as their Northern brothers.....and are getting O/T after 8

It will have to be equalled out eventually. Whether them to us, us to them, or even split down the middle. The company is just riding this thing out as long as they can. There will never be justification for inequality.

It will have to be equalled out eventually. Whether them to us, us to them, or even split down the middle. The company is just riding this thing out as long as they can. There will never be justification for inequality.
When they talk about a "new pay package coming" and I have heard management say that, that is what they are talking about, i think. Meaning some places might not get anything, but other places ie(southern) will get a big raise to equal the pay out.:coffee1:

When they talk about a "new pay package coming" and I have heard management say that, that is what they are talking about, i think. Meaning some places might not get anything, but other places ie(southern) will get a big raise to equal the pay out.:coffee1:

I think everyone should get something. After all, we haven't had a raise in 4 years. But I do agree that the inequality in the package should be drastically revamped for us southern guys.

I think everyone should get something. After all, we haven't had a raise in 4 years. But I do agree that the inequality in the package should be drastically revamped for us southern guys.
You agree that the inequality should be revamped, to make things more even, well I'm in central and I agree, we agree.....:ShakeHandsNah::smile:

Has anybody heard about LTU getting moved into the central region?
LTU, LSD and LFS moved to St. Louis. LSL moved to Dallas I believe and LEP to San Bernardino? And for all you that want to hate me, I believe everyone should make the same pay and get OT after 8. I'm way to low on the ladder to make a difference though.

LTU, LSD and LFS moved to St. Louis. LSL moved to Dallas I believe and LEP to San Bernardino? And for all you that want to hate me, I believe everyone should make the same pay and get OT after 8. I'm way to low on the ladder to make a difference though.
I agree with you and it's one step at a time, glad to hear that, and glad you take time to answer questions on here and take the abuse that you do and still come back. I respect that and I'm sure it's hard defending some things that the company does that you might not personally believe, but appreciate your input.:smilies-19296:::smile:

Its not where you are, but what they wanna pay you. Northern Virginia has one of the HIGHEST costs of living yet paid as if they do not....

agreed. entirely dependent upon the wages of conway's competition and level of unionized competition in a particular area.it is NOT based on cost of living, cost of housing etc. any particular area that has lower wages in general, conway's wages will be lower.

agreed. entirely dependent upon the wages of conway's competition and level of unionized competition in a particular area.it is NOT based on cost of living, cost of housing etc. any particular area that has lower wages in general, conway's wages will be lower.

But what decides the wages other than cost of living markets? Don't think the "new" regional approach will make anyone in rural Ohio Indiana Kentucky or Illinois happy.

But what decides the wages other than cost of living markets? Don't think the "new" regional approach will make anyone in rural Ohio Indiana Kentucky or Illinois happy.
Pay is based of the current market. It has nothing to do with cost of living. If the average LTL pay is $18 why would we pay $23. On the other end if the average is $25 we need to be competitive there also. The company has to compare the entire market pay not just a few select carriers to determine if we are competitive.

Pay is based of the current market. It has nothing to do with cost of living. If the average LTL pay is $18 why would we pay $23. On the other end if the average is $25 we need to be competitive there also. The company has to compare the entire market pay not just a few select carriers to determine if we are competitive.

So the market is the same in northern metropolis' as it is in rural Ohio? The same in Springdale Ar, as Dallas? I would have to disagree.

I'm consistent about this subject but let's be clear - NWR - Winchester is not N Va in terms of cost of living or lifestyle. 300k gets you a nice big house with a yard in Winchester. In Arlington or Alexandria that gets you a shoe box in a questionable neighborhood.. 600k gets you a small small house.. Start around 1.2 in N Va to get what 300k gets you in Winchester.. I know the DC area very very well and NWR isn't it..