being sick and late one day last year

talking to someone on the dock

talking to someone at the fuel pumps

spreading rumors

being wrote up too many times

smoking in your car while parked on company property

taking too long a luch

not taking a lunch

logging a break you didnt take but log breaks you didnt take so you can run you bid the next day

refuseing to pu ugly frieght

picking up ugly freight you should have refused

punching the time clock 1 minute late

punching the time clock too early

enronintheworks said:
I know I going to miss about a thousand so feel free to ad to the list

hair touching your collar

being able to read a logo on you tshirt
through you work shirt

driving to fast

driving to slow

loading freight in the trailer

not loading freight in the trailer

being sick and late one day last year

talking to someone on the dock

talking to someone at the fuel pumps

spreading rumors

being wrote up too many times

smoking in your car while parked on company property

taking too long a luch

not taking a lunch

logging a break you didnt take but log breaks you didnt take so you can run you bid the next day

refuseing to pu ugly frieght

picking up ugly freight you should have refused

punching the time clock 1 minute late

punching the time clock too early
dont forget,.
not putting your empty trailer away
not having your paysheet signed @ FAC
having an opinion
not putting PTI under the city name in your log book
failing your physical because of high blood pressure due the ignorance of the company
the list goes on and on ,..conway makes up their rules as they go along. anymore a IR or LOI are tools to scare you into drinking the kool aid they have so merciless preapred for you.

Hey are you sure we are only talking about Con-Way here ?
All in all this is pretty funny !

But the best one of them all......it's snowing and blowing and 20 below zero and it's freezing rain and by the greeters watch you are 2 minutes late at FAC and your home terminal is 251 miles away and you left at 8:45 pm and arrival time is 12:30 am and then the BIG STUPID QUESTION......why are you late?????? Takes someone use to holding a chair to the floor in a heated office to figure that one out !!!!!!!

fisherman XJA said:
But the best one of them all......it's snowing and blowing and 20 below zero and it's freezing rain and by the greeters watch you are 2 minutes late at FAC and your home terminal is 251 miles away and you left at 8:45 pm and arrival time is 12:30 am and then the BIG STUPID QUESTION......why are you late?????? Takes someone use to holding a chair to the floor in a heated office to figure that one out !!!!!!!
AMEN !!! i forgot about that one! ,..of course conway has sLick days to LOL:Banane01:

thats another thing that really gets under my skin,..being late,...this company has a mind set of 1 second or 1 hour ,.late is late. this is stupid!! i can see an hour maybe a half hour but 2 minutes ? i mean cmon!! if a guy shows up say 11:24 his arrive time is 11:30 then by the time he finds his doors gets the trailers broke,and put to the door the loads are in the door at 11:35 therefore the loads are late to the door! and some FAC home domicile driver is waiting ( in some cases on OT ) waiting to break your trailer. obviously i dont see the big picture,..why do they have to be so anal on being a few minutes late.

Now here is a TRUE happening while at XCL FAC in 2002 or early 2003..Remember when Dave Mc. took over for Dick P. as President and he and Kevin H. and the safety and regional managers toured most reships having their speeches??? Well while their speech was going on I noticed Kevin H. with a white jacket with the BIG M for U of M on the front. When it came time for questions I raised my hand and finally got called upon and my question was this: Company policy prevents us from wearing logo's of any kind on our shirt or even eligible thru our shirts but why is it that here on this dock our V.P. has a clear LOGO on his jacket pertaining to the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor? Reply was this: I want to see you in the TM's office NOW !!!! I recieved a letter from Kevin H. for a question detrimental to the well-being of the workers at the FAC...Now was this a "DO AS I SAY NOT AS I DO"??? CLEARLY !!!!

Sounds like the old "double standard" CON-WAY hypocrosy once again. Remember management is mightier than GOD himself.....Live that dream! Don't ask anymore important questions either.

from the Ritz Carlton

hahahaha. this is all too funny. no wonder you guys are griping and moaning. your fac's must be ran like boot camps! thank God im at the terminal im at. compared to you guys my terminal is heaven. trust me. i was in xpb one night, and the outbound supervisor yelled at me for talking to one of his dock guys. even though he was asking me a question about freight. go figure. anyway im not going to say what terminal im out of but ill say its in the midwest, and its referred to as the "hotel" or "retirement terminal". if you guess right, ill give you a STAR CARD for excellence. :roll1:
i allready gave you too good of a clue, we go to xpb..........:bye1:

Well i cant keep up with all the reasons for being written up because everyday the rules changes so from day to day .I have no clue whats right or wrong :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Sterling said:
Aint tha the truth
If you want to see them go threw the roof when you're getting a write up.Just write.forced to sign under duress.They love it.

gfy said:
If you want to see them go threw the roof when you're getting a write up.Just write.forced to sign under duress.They love it.

i was told that was "unacceptable" to put on the "document"

A few years back , about 5, they rounded up all the linehaulers and told us to watch what we said while on linhaul on the cb, cuz it was against company policy to spread rumors about anything to do with the company. very sad, control almost every minute of your lives, its not just a job, its an adventure! I need to work there because of the money, but I hate the company more reasons than I like it. :shout:

paul wall said:
i was told that was "unacceptable" to put on the "document"
Did that come from H/R or your TM.If you are being forced to sign anything against your will you can note it.They told you you couldn't have a witness too,Right.If you contact Higher they will tell you different.The law says you can.A lawyer would have a ball with this.

enronintheworks said:
A few years back , about 5, they rounded up all the linehaulers and told us to watch what we said while on linhaul on the cb, cuz it was against company policy to spread rumors about anything to do with the company. very sad, control almost every minute of your lives, its not just a job, its an adventure! I need to work there because of the money, but I hate the company more reasons than I like it. :shout:
That why We don't say anything on a open line that we don't what replayed back to us.I love uppers and lowers and a cell phone.

well, it was pretty much sign it or get wrote up for not signing it. and get in more trouble. it was from an fos. its a really long story but i shouldnt've gotten wrote up at all. prolly like everyone else.