XPO | reasons you get wrote up at conway

paul wall said:
well, it was pretty much sign it or get wrote up for not signing it. and get in more trouble. it was from an fos. its a really long story but i shouldnt've gotten wrote up at all. prolly like everyone else.
You do have to sign it.Make your commets in the remarks area,have them make you a copy(They have to give you a copy Of anything you sign).noted that every thing that happen and gone higher with it.

How is it you can get away with damaging
all the freight you want without a write-up?
But if you forget to sign-out your dolly number it becomes another note in your file.
:eck13:

paul wall said:
of course! its tough for the reships not to wear em, but when your at your fac. you can get away with it :whistle:
Thats not really a good thing to say on a site that XGO watches all the time.Monday they will start the back belt hunt.:poster_stupid:

Too Late!... it's already occurring!
That back belt is the visual representation of the mental side of our company's policies...
it's only design and function is to cause you discomfort while performing your job! The power of whose dream? There are two categories of policy, every stupid rule falls into one, or the other, or both. The two categories of this company... PROFITABILITY and LIABILITY. Forget about common sense in decision making... it's only about corporate CENTS! $$$$$$$$$

Merdock said:
Too Late!... it's already occurring!
That back belt is the visual representation of the mental side of our company's policies...
it's only design and function is to cause you discomfort while performing your job! The power of whose dream? There are two categories of policy, every stupid rule falls into one, or the other, or both. The two categories of this company... PROFITABILITY and LIABILITY. Forget about common sense in decision making... it's only about corporate CENTS! $$$$$$$$$
You our very good.

gfy said:
Thats not really a good thing to say on a site that XGO watches all the time.Monday they will start the back belt hunt.:poster_stupid:
I hurt my back back in april, L4,L5,&S1. I showed my phisical therapist my co. provided back belt. He said I would be better off tying a scarf around my waste! If they really cared they would spend alittle money and buy real back support belts.

Haywould said:
I hurt my back back in april, L4,L5,&S1. I showed my phisical therapist my co. provided back belt. He said I would be better off tying a scarf around my waste! If they really cared they would spend alittle money and buy real back support belts.
But you make that back belt look good.

letter of instruction

fisherman XJA said:
Now here is a TRUE happening while at XCL FAC in 2002 or early 2003..Remember when Dave Mc. took over for Dick P. as President and he and Kevin H. and the safety and regional managers toured most reships having their speeches??? Well while their speech was going on I noticed Kevin H. with a white jacket with the BIG M for U of M on the front. When it came time for questions I raised my hand and finally got called upon and my question was this: Company policy prevents us from wearing logo's of any kind on our shirt or even eligible thru our shirts but why is it that here on this dock our V.P. has a clear LOGO on his jacket pertaining to the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor? Reply was this: I want to see you in the TM's office NOW !!!! I recieved a letter from Kevin H. for a question detrimental to the well-being of the workers at the FAC...Now was this a "DO AS I SAY NOT AS I DO"??? CLEARLY !!!!
i would have told them to stick the letter in his ear, and as matter of factoid,refused to sign it and tell them your sick you have to go home:censored2: and shown the compsny policy to him imtimindation does not work for me they tried that crap over here at USA let them fire me i have a job tomrrow anyway :captain:

brutus61 said:
i would have told them to stick the letter in his ear, and as matter of factoid,refused to sign it and tell them your sick you have to go home:censored2: and shown the compsny policy to him imtimindation does not work for me they tried that crap over here at USA let them fire me i have a job tomrrow anyway :captain:
I like this guy.

let see.. we hired 2 guys a month ago..1 guy tore up the fairing on a line unit, and ran into about 2 trailers..NO WRITE UP...The other guy calls in every other monday and tuesday, and has backed into 2 or 3 trailers as well...STIL NO WRITE UP, yet when us veteran drivers run the truck out of gas or some thing else we get written up instantly...Whats up with that????

Let me add to this reply about who does and does NOT get a letter...I was hooking one evening and had a sleeper unit, after hooking I pulled away from the dock and the trailer came unhooked and landed on the frame of the truck, NOT on the ground. No visible damage what so ever. BUT the 5th wheel was still closed and locked ??? so I got my stupidvisor to take a look and he said HUMMM. I got a letter for that !! I RED TAGGED the tractor and refused to take it to the FAC and got another letter..The following week another driver dropped a trailer on the ground, same senario and the 5th wheel again was closed and locked. he didn't get a letter at all but he was also our #2 senority driver and they put a new 5th wheel on that truck pronto !!!!! I was only 1800 miles from my Million Safe Driving miles and lost everything....Conway has ALWAYS had a double standard for everything !!! Just depends on who you are and were you are from...Thank God I retired....A BAD day fishing is better than a GOOD day at Conway!!