XPO | Rebuilt Sterlings

I saw this thread yesterday, so last night i asked the shop forman in indy what exactly they were doing to the referbished trucks. He said basicly the same thing that I read on here. Complete rebuild except for the rearend. (like rebuilt trailers every thing new but the axle)

I'd rather drive a referb Sterling than one of the new Freightliners. I cannot stand that crash avoidance system. The whole system is a big distraction.

What the co is doing is called buyer-keeper,UPS has been doin' this forever. good deal if it's done right.should save money,maybe we'll get some......

If they are truly rebuilt, and not just 'reconditioned' then I think this is a good thing. Hopefully they are donating the shoulder destroyer 7 speeds to third world countries that can't afford boat anchors. 10 speeds will at least move us into the 80's in regards to transmission technology.

I wish R&L would do it that way...They do just enough to get by...We drive a bunch of junk...
Richard, I believe they are a complete refurbish. cab off, new motor, tranny, diff, air ride. Not just dropping in a new motor. Would like to see one, or get reviews on how they are from a driver.