Recent Negotiations

THEWRENCH

TB Lurker
Credits
So I hear on the 27th from a very good source that the company is not willing to budge on inserting a "100% no strike clause" and a "termination clause". Now couple that with the beautiful medical package and the company 401K and I think we have a combination that could have been dreamed up by a wal-mart door greeter.:smilie_132: Now maybe im flying off the handle a little too soon, but with all the material thats gone around and the "sign here" union withdrawal crap, i dont need a crystal ball to see how the next contract negotion will go....."were not trying to bust the union":toxic: yeah...but things sure are getting lined up nicely for the next contract, arent they? Im tired of getting screwed, we already get it everywhere else, why must we deal with this from our employer as well. Oak harbor has quality employees. Quality costs money. Pay for quality or get crap, plain and simple. Back to the things i heard about negotiations, if anyone can support this please do, what I have heard thus far is crap. The warm clothes are laid out and im ready, I'll be on the line with everyone else standing up for what is FAIR. If that crap is put in the contract you can kiss job security goodbye, dont even fart by management.:butt kiss:

:1036316054:In solidarity, your local concerned teamster

Just an update on my previous post...763's BA stopped in today and that was confirmed. She said and i quote as best i can remember "the company is laying unreasonable things down on the table to distract us from the poor medical package so well will be happy when they take the crap back out" Its apparently a known tactic used by their union buster to make us feel greatful for what we end up with. Think were a little brighter than that. Also, PLEASE compair the medical at Healthcare click on compair plans....youll be surprised what their willing to share with you! Know before you vote, this is not "compairable to what the teamsters offer" by any means. Dont let uncle eddy fool you, this IS a win win win win, but our families are not included in this.

In solidarity, your local concerned teamster

did I read that right they are not only going to make people pay for their medical but they show a $1500 deductable?

You are correct if you are enrolled as an idividual. If you have a family it is $3,000.00 for the traditional plan. The lifetime maximum is half of the Teamster plan. The company plan is a rip off and I hope that all of the Oak Harbor people are still standing strong on these issues.

Thats right...and 3000 per family. I was talking to one of my doctors and they said they hated working with regence because they dont update thier list of preferred providers very often so alot of times you have to do some serious driving to be totally covered. Look at the lifetime maximum, were talking 1,000,000 dollars difference! I know most people dont need this but im going to quote my friend, "people dont wear seatbelts because they know their going to get in an acciedent they wear them because there is a possability" love that quote. Hope the VP's throw some messages on here cause they never explained to me in their little meetings how this plan is compairable...they just said that it is. Guess i should just believe them??? Look at the out of pocket maximums...3500 a person and 7000 per family. Its just really interesting to read.

Hope the VP's throw some messages on here cause they never explained to me in their little meetings how this plan is compairable...they just said that it is. QUOTE]

In that little meeting did you even ask him how it is compairable whenyou were there listening to him?

Well then if they want a non union workplace they arent going to see their 100 year. Everything Henry built and worked for will be ruined because of two spoiled rotten children. A man who earns everything takes a lot better care of what he has. WE are oak harbor, maybe they need to hang a banner in their office too.

I was mainly concerned about correcting his anti union pension comments in the video and again in the "LIVE" presentation of the video. At that time we didn't have a side by side comparison, if they try to push this further down our necks in the next meeting I will bring it up because i worry that many havent looked at this comparison yet. Its almost worth not asking though, its in black and white. Thats why i felt it was important to include a link on the last post. Think you nailed it though, they dont want the union but who will jump ship for that offer?

Well then if they want a non union workplace they arent going to see their 100 year. Everything Henry built and worked for will be ruined because of two spoiled rotten children. A man who earns everything takes a lot better care of what he has. WE are oak harbor, maybe they need to hang a banner in their office too.

Henry was never for the union either he just tolerated it. And they will see their 100th year.

You best put your ***-kissing clothes on because nobody in their right mind would hire a dolt like you to any position except for jizz mopper, you can't even spell stalking not stocking the shelf... man. I like how they threaten employees that strike, after a agreement is reached striking employees will be called back in order after replacement employees. Not a chance! The company is flat out lying, I know most of you know it, but don't doubt it for a second, they are purely motivated by greed and nothing less.

If you are a skilled driver with experience you wont be out for long, I would rather work for Fed-Ex or Conway than work for these ignorant, arrogant, greedy suckers. You can be a friend of labor and protect your interests when you start to lie through official channels and put up 7000 volt fences up we know where we stand with you. It's too bad we should have let you go out of business years ago. Remember your success was a gift from your Teamster employees, not masterful management, or logistical brilliance, and don't ever forget it.

Henry was never for the union either he just tolerated it. And they will see their 100th year.

Im pretty convinced your not for the union as well, so if you ARE management :tongue0002: then why dont you leave this conversation to the memebership as you would really have no interest in what contract was voted in because the VP's decide for YOU, the non-union employee what is best for YOUR family. :deal:Truth hurts. If you ARE a TEAMSTER, then it would be nice to see a little more support for your brothers and sisters, there is a hell of a lot more to being in the union than paying dues.:1036316054:

Oak Harbor answers

Just bargaining in good faith Oak Harbor style...

(from: Strike questions)

TO: All Teamster Represented Employees
SUBJECT: Strikes/Picket Lines (Auburn Washington)
DATE: October 26, 2007
A Teamster strike now appears to be a distinct possibility. If a strike occurs and you wish to not join the strike, you may work for us behind a picket line. However, I recognize that whether or not to strike or work behind a picket line is your choice, and Oak Harbor Freight Lines will respect whatever decision you make.

If you decide to cross the picket line and work for us, you could be subject to a fine orother penalty by your Union. Thus, to protect yourself against a fine or penalty, youwould need to change your Union status to either (1) a “Financial Core member,” (or technically, a “dues paying only, non-member”) or (2) a full resignation (not withdrawal)
from the Union. If you become a Dues Paying Only non-member (sometimes called “Financial Core Member”), you would have to continue paying required Union dues, but would not be bound by the Union’s by-laws and rules.
If you resign from the Union completely, you would not be required to pay Union dues or abide by the Union by-laws or rules during a strike.
The change in status becomes effective when it is received by the Union.

I have attached a form for your use should you decide to do so.
The choice is yours, I am not recommending for or against any of the above matters. I
simply wanted you to know what your options are.

Ron Kieswether

"Mr. Rick Hicks, Secretary/Treasurer
Teamsters 174
14675 Interurban Avenue South
Tukwila WA 98168
Dear S/T Hicks:
I am an employee of Oak Harbor Freight Lines. This letter will serve as notification that I am changing my membership status in the Union from a full member to a Dues Paying Only Non-member (Financial Core) member. As a Dues Paying Only Non-member, I will continue to pay to the Union all initiation fees and dues uniformly required of all members for maintaining membership. I am not resigning from the Union; I am only changing my membership status. I will not henceforth be subject to the obligations of membership other than that of paying uniformly-required dues and initiation fees required of all Union members.
Very truly yours,

Mr. Rick Hicks, Secretary/Treasurer
Teamsters 174
14675 Interurban Avenue South
Tukwila WA 98168
Dear S/T Hicks:
I am an employee of Oak Harbor Freight Lines. This letter serves as notification that I
am resigning my membership status in the Union, effective immediately.
I understand that this notice becomes effective upon receipt by the Union.
Very truly yours,

I also like this part
"Q21. What does it take to decertify?

A21. Oak Harbor cannot sponsor or encourage a decertification petition. That is entirely up to the employees. However, the law says that if employees wish to become non-union, they must file a “showing of interest form” signed by 30% of the bargaining unit, and fill out an “NLRB Petition.” Both forms must be submitted to the NLRB in Seattle or Portland. The NLRB has “information officers” who can explain legal rights in more detail"

and this part
"Q17. If I strike, am I guaranteed reinstatement after the strike?

A17. If there is an economic strike, Oak Harbor intends to hire permanent strike replacements. When the strike ends, permanent strike replacements keep the jobs. Strikers who seek reinstatement are placed on a preferential recall list, and they are reinstated as vacancies arise. "

"Q3. Do I still pay Union Dues during the period between the contract expiration and the ratification date of a new one?

A3. It is your choice. We believe you are still required to pay unless you resign your membership from the union. This question is best answered by your union.

Q4. Can I still file a Grievance after the contract expires before the new one is ratified?

A4. Yes, the only difference is the company may not be required to go to arbitration regarding a grievance that occurs after the contract ends."

A few more, you read it right, they said it, YOU NO LONGER HAVE A GRIEVANCE PROCEDURE IN PLACE!!! Get it together and walk these bastards, they have taken this too far they have put you all through too much, last contract you were without a contract for more than a year. A four year agreement with full NMFA pay and pension and Teamster medical or open your books and lets make a deal, if not f em. If you really think that they can replace almost 200 drivers overnight you are crazy, even if they were able to procure these drivers do you think all these replacements would be looking to relocate permanently? Don't let them play with your emotions don't be fooled by their highly skilled and educated labor consultants assault on you, do what needs to be done. This has been a long time coming, it should have happened years ago I bet they figure 35% of you will cross the line make them wrong stick together and tell the "strike line crossers" among you what you think of them. Your job may be worth protecting and standing up for now, if this goes the way the VP's want it to there will be nothing left to fight for.

Im pretty convinced your not for the union as well, so if you ARE management :tongue0002: then why dont you leave this conversation to the memebership as you would really have no interest in what contract was voted in because the VP's decide for YOU, the non-union employee what is best for YOUR family. :deal:Truth hurts. If you ARE a TEAMSTER, then it would be nice to see a little more support for your brothers and sisters, there is a hell of a lot more to being in the union than paying dues.:1036316054:

we you are in titled to your own opinion one way or the other regarding your above statements. I have as much right as you do to state my feelings idea etc. Hang loose brother and don't let the wind hit you in the back

They have more than enough drivers lined up to replace any one who strikes and they will stay on permently. They have had this in play ready to go for a long while now it is just not over night. It has been thought through every carefully. So if you feel that your advice is sound for everyone else's life encouraging them to strike when you have nothing to lose since you do not work for OAKH then keep preaching. YOU sir are only thinking of yourself and your private vengefullness against OAKH that you have carried for over 4 years. That document is over a month old. Good time to strike at Christmas so men and there famlies have no money or jobs. While you continue to work have a great holladay.

They have more than enough drivers lined up to replace any one who strikes and they will stay on permently. They have had this in play ready to go for a long while now it is just not over night. It has been thought through every carefully. So if you feel that your advice is sound for everyone else's life encouraging them to strike when you have nothing to lose since you do not work for OAKH then keep preaching. YOU sir are only thinking of yourself and your private vengefullness against OAKH that you have carried for over 4 years. That document is over a month old. Good time to strike at Christmas so men and there famlies have no money or jobs. While you continue to work have a great holladay.

You ARE intitled to your own opinion, however, when you speak of being without a job or money around the holidays, that isn't a big problem for most. There are strike funds in place, and maybe, just maybe, if we were earning what we were worth in contrast to the cost of living you would have money in a savings account that would take care of that during a strike. But then again, why would we need to strike if we were earning a fair wage in comparison to the past, and had equal medical and pension packages like previous ones.:Bondage: If you wanna lay down and give the VP's one more signature on a union withdrawal form I wish the best for you, thanks for your years and money that you have put into our pension plan, we will gladly use it when we retire. I will be out at 49. The boss himself, MR "ask the boss" man, couldn't tell us how old you would be when you could draw from his 401K without penalties. Our pension is strong. Then again, some people have been born to cower in tough times,:hide: thanks for the support. They wont be fully operational and a strike would hurt them, but we need to STICK TOGETHER.:gathering: Talk with your coworkers, and make sure to consider their thoughts as well.

In solidarity

Yeah you caught me, all I really want is to see my locals strike fund exausted and more, than likely merged. That's my big plan I don't care about my friends that still work there either I just want total anarchy. You say they have had the replacements on stand by for some time... I suppose they never intended to bargain in good faith.

Who's putting people out at Christmas? The VP's are. There is never a good time to strike only good reasons. Think about it you @#%&ing ******.