Recent Negotiations

Teamsters won't put food on your table if you are not working.

Neither will oak harbor if im working under a bullsh** contract. $1.13... oh thank you so much. 60 bucks in my pocket per month in return for opting out of medical that will cost you 4-500 a month. Wheres the rest go. In your damn pocket, not mine. :tongue0002:

Teamsters won't put food on your table if you are not working.

Oh so wrong you are. In Auburn and Portland the Teamsters will see up to $500.00 per week just to hold a sign out in front of these pukes buildings and inform the public about the greed of these 2 pukes. That could be more than what Joak Harbor is paying the casuals.

Neither will oak harbor if im working under a bullsh** contract. $1.13... oh thank you so much. 60 bucks in my pocket per month in return for opting out of medical that will cost you 4-500 a month. Wheres the rest go. In your damn pocket, not mine. :tongue0002:

Then quit amd go some where else

I don't think other ltl companies act differently, I know they do. Oak Harbor has created a culture of favoritism. Management is chosen, and promoted based on proximity and relationship to the owners not on merit.

I worked at OHFL for five years, I now work elsewhere, management where I work now is hired based on education and experience. People are treated equally and seniority is respected. Difference is night and day, this company is probably the worst in all of LTL to work for, union or not. Not to mention their seeming inability to fairly negotiate a contract with their employees.

Teamster Strike Fund is Broke

I know for sure the strike fund pay is about $175.00 per week IF you walk 30 hours per week.

So don't count on that for an income.

I'm looking for another job right now. But I,m sure our Brothers won't vote for a strike. I also know the contract is greatly improved and will be submitted to a vote just after the 15th of Sept.

So let's get back to work and be happy!

Your devoted Brother Twin Screw

"I'm looking for another job right now. But I,m sure our Brothers won't vote for a strike."

Where have you been? The Strike Vote has already been taken and
the members voted overwhelmingly in favor of a strike. I can assure
you this has gone much higher than just the membership addressing
the Oak Harbor piece of $H!T offer, They have gotten the attention
of the IBT and are close to getting some more very soon.

I noticed in the latest DVD that the old saying " Hope for the best
and preparing for the worst" was not there.

I assure you they are not prepared for the worst, they started
this contract negotiation with one intention and it is going to
fail miserably and cost them plenty, if not it everything.

As for looking for another job, most of us have started looking
also. It has been posted before that the same amount of freight
will still need to be moved it just will not be Oak Harbor carrying it.

"All it takes for evil to prosper is for good men (or women) to do nothing"

You know our "vote" was simply to empower our crackerjack negotiators to have the power to call a "strike",,, remember they also added that they wouldn't call anything without us voting, remember if you were there!

Don't post stupid things, this has gone too long, these negotiators are more like stumblebums, they don't care about us, all they want is their pension and welfare racketeering to continue.

Just remember that mean guy and his people the Cowboy are lurking.

"Just remember that mean guy and his people the Cowboy are lurking"

If you were aware of the problems with Oak Harbor
and still using them hoping things would get worked
out and a replacement driver showed up to pick up
your freight would you give it to them?:hysterical:

As far as Cowblow is concerned, good luck.

"All it takes for evil to prosper is for good men (or women) to do nothing"

You know our "vote" was simply to empower our crackerjack negotiators to have the power to call a "strike",,, remember they also added that they wouldn't call anything without us voting, remember if you were there!

Don't post stupid things, this has gone too long, these negotiators are more like stumblebums, they don't care about us, all they want is their pension and welfare racketeering to continue.

Just remember that mean guy and his people the Cowboy are lurking.
If you are going to point fingers make sure you point them in the right direction. This is way above the original negotiations committee so calling them out is not appropriate. The IBT deserves all of the blame that the Oak Harbor Teamsters are not on strike.