Recent Negotiations

And to the last post about the contract not effecting you cause your in the office, that is very untrue. The contract controls every aspect of your job and protects your job. One thing they were fighting over was termination language...think about that next time you jam the copy machine....could be the last day ol billdo pulls you in his office.:Bondage: [/sQUOTE]

I think she works in Portland....their office is non-union even though the drivers are.

And to the last post about the contract not effecting you cause your in the office, that is very untrue. The contract controls every aspect of your job and protects your job. One thing they were fighting over was termination language...think about that next time you jam the copy machine....could be the last day ol billdo pulls you in his office.:Bondage:

I think she works in Portland....their office is non-union even though the drivers are.

From local 174 Website:

RE: OAK HARBOR FREIGHT LINES MEDIATION UPDATE
Dear Brothers and Sisters:

We met with Oak Harbor management's negotiating team again on Monday, July 28, 2009.

We have very little progress to report from our second mediation session. To date, the Company has not come forward with a finalized comprehensive proposal. The Company's current offer would:

* eliminate health care coverage for current and future retirees,
* move you onto a substandard health care plan,
* freeze the Company's contributions to your retirement fund,
* eliminate paid sick leave,
* prevent Class B dockworkers from obtaining health and welfare benefits,
* allow the Company to use subcontractors to replace office workers, and
* deny new clerical employees any pay raises.

On July 25th, the Teamsters Union and Oak Harbor employees filed unfair-labor-practice charges with the National Labor Relations Board alleging Oak Harbor has engaged in "bad faith bargaining." The charges address Oak Harbor’s alleged violations of U.S. labor law, including negotiating directly with employees and illegally forcing union members to remove union insignias from the workplace. The filing of these serious charges is just another sign that the Teamsters will take action to show Oak Harbor that it needs to learn to respect its employees.

In the coming weeks, we hope Oak Harbor will come forward with a comprehensive final proposal that we can present for your review.

Stand Strong,
Your Negotiating Committee

cc: Tyson Johnson, IBT Freight Division Director & Southern Region Vice President; Gordon Sweeton, IBT Central Region Vice President

It does not look good, it looks like things are in the same place they were in Oct. the company has been stalling an ULP is all fine and good, but with bush's NLRB I don't expect too much. We all know where this is going, they didn't stick it out this long to just give up. So work as much overtime as possible, try to make those minimums for medical, and get ready to shut this company down forever. It's sad, it's wrong, and it is all a byproduct of this companies selfishness and greed. Fortunately the work that you do will still be in the regions so displaced employees should not have it too bad when it comes to finding new work. Who knows, it may be the best thing to ever happen to someone from this company. This replacement talk is just that, talk, no one can replace 500 highly skilled, fully certified drivers effectively overnight.

This is just such crap. wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, we got our ULP's, how much longer you gotta wait to go out and get it handled. The company obviously has not been negotiating and has no plan to move. The contract is a piece of garbage not suitable for printing on toilet paper and we will never approve. Dirty tactics and employee descrimination are at an all time high, grievance forms are descimating the forests and causing paper mills to run short. Paying your employees is just one of the nessisary evils of running a business, deal with it and stop crying.

Little bird in a red truck told me the maint. director told him that effective 1 year from the contract expiration the company would reduce wages to non-union wages. This seemed to spread very fast and worry some. Very very untrue. The only way oak harbor can do this is to decertify, meaning shut down operations for one year. Sorry boys but one year with no contract doesn't count, you got to lock us out and shut down...dont you think bob braun would advise his client's managers to say only what he says is ok to say? Kinda like the bill union sticker thing...that obviously had not been run by the excellent legal team prior to the order to remove union materials. Think management needs to do what they are told and not what they think. think? hmm.

In all my time runnin off idiot teamsters from places they really didn't want to be...I don't think I've ever, ever seen as big an idiot as "the wench". She is positively the stupidest know nothin punk in the pasture.

I can't wait to round up that little doggie and brand the bare *** myself. You and me are gonna meet little girl when we run y'all off. Get ready for the Cowboy. My boot is goin right up the arse of little "wench"!

You oughta have the "teamsgirl till death" cause they gonna kill ya. Stupid little gals gonna "shut em down".............you the only ones gonna shut down....right down the drain. Do you feel yourselves circlin' the drain? That's probably the dizzyness little wench been feelin lately, that or the poppers he take before going in the men's rooms at rest areas. Ol dizzy is what they be callin ya soon round the fire barrel girl.

Cowboy waitin to lasso all you old gals up to Oak Harbor. When it starts fat gal we gonna meet down the street at the 7/11 and have our own little prayer meetin.

Good job down to P'land. Big turnout for the picketin! Wish Ol Cowboy was passin thru those parts...I'd run ya gals right out of town.......pathetic little sissys couldn't get more than 3 rest area cruisers to pickett!!!

So don't much bout the waitin. You heffers got very little time at the trough. Y'all had all these years of stickin your SNOUTS in the free trough and now that trough is dryin up fast.

There outta be a law is right...........against lazy no good trough monkeys in teamster gal outfits.

Cowboy gonna get ya...........boooooooo, oh that's right BOOOOOO night was when it expired girls.....one year is a cummin??????? I don't need no costume, I be wearin Cowboy get-ups ever day so the heffers know who's gettin em!

Cowboy out for now, got lasso practice fat boy.

Love ya and thanks a million$$$$$$$$$$

Oh Really???

The Cowboy says to check out Northwest Airlines girls.

Think about that round the fire barrel this winter in the rain!!!

Only bout 30% of the old gals in your area pushin rigs are union. You gals ain't exactly "highly certified" or any good that's why we runnin you off!

Pack up your saddlebags teamgirlsters.

Cowboy be seein y'all soon enough.........BBBOOOOOO.

$$$$$$$

Good job down to P'land. Big turnout for the picketin! Wish Ol Cowboy was passin thru those parts...I'd run ya gals right out of town.......pathetic little sissys couldn't get more than 3 rest area cruisers to pickett!!!

It wasn't the number of Retirees doing the pickett that counted, It was who
was in the building and saw them and the message it sent..:hysterical:

Phones crashed that morning or there would have been more,
We'll make it up to you I promise.:party-smiley-017:

He is definately filled with a plethora of worthless BS. Westcoastcowbobber only managed to rattle off that he thinks I am an idiot and that he is going to take my job in a mile long post. Guess I would want as many jobs as possible too if made $8 an hour and made my wife work as well to pay the lot rent for my travel trailer to sit on. Im so glad that he values company interests over that of his family. Do you want your headstone to read "Westcoastbowcow-a great truck driver" Not me pal. Only someone who has suffered massive brain trauma would choose not to belong to an organization that supports, protects, and insures your health and welfare, and insures your bills are taken care of with fair wages. Teamsters have kept food on my table for my entire life with no worries of what tomorrow will hold. Oak harbor will lose their business in the event of a strike, their employees, and their image. The freight will go somewhere else, thats where youll find the wrench there westcoastcowbobber...still adding to my pension while you get the word that your retirement is gone, or not accessable till 2 days before you bite the big one. Have a very pleasant life, and I wish all the best for you.

By the way wench (stupid) that's not what decertify means you little $20 and hour paycheck to paycheck sissy.

You will learn what it means cause a whole new crew a-cummin to put your old sheep out to pasture for good. Get the firewood ready, it's gonna be a long winter up on brokeback mountain ladies.

The Cowboy

I'm backkkkkkkkkkkkk, Booo.

wench gettin pretty quiet...he know what's good for him if he wants to keep on wenchin.

Hey puddycat...quit trackin the Cowboy.

Love y'all, sure been quiet.

The Cowboy