XPO | Record Profits, Big Govt. tax break...... and they're taking away from us?

Another problem with the union movement and some of your opinions is that you have a long term agenda. The company has a short term agenda. It wants to sell us off as quickly as possible for the most money possible. They couldn’t care less about the next economic slowdown. They want to be out of this by then.
I don’t know what Jacobs plan is for us. If you go by past practice it would leave you to believe your correct and he will part ways with his money. If the future involves a sale I hope the next company does their due diligence with a microscope because from where I’m standing things seem to be not what they seem.
The down side of a sale is that if the next company buys us because of the low O/R they will soon discover the bought a polished turd. That will invlole us in loosing even more to pay for those cost.

I don’t know what Jacobs plan is for us. If you go by past practice it would leave you to believe your correct and he will part ways with his money. If the future involves a sale I hope the next company does their due diligence with a microscope because from where I’m standing things seem to be not what they seem.
The down side of a sale is that if the next company buys us because of the low O/R they will soon discover the bought a polished turd. That will invlole us in loosing even more to pay for those cost.

It may be a hard sell...unhappy, under paid workers and an inflated O/R

Another problem with the union movement and some of your opinions is that you have a long term agenda. The company has a short term agenda. It wants to sell us off as quickly as possible for the most money possible. They couldn’t care less about the next economic slowdown. They want to be out of this by then.
You may be right : Bradley Jacobs and Co. want to sale. But , why sale before the major union companies negotiate a new contract? I should say TRY to negotiate a new contract. How much more valuable would XPO Logistics be if ABF or YRCW companies fail or at the very least , go on strike?
The upper management has taken a LOT of money out of the operations and tried to do it in a way were average people not involved with the company won't notice. Pay to experienced people has fallen. Equipment replacement seems to have taken a hit. Facility maintenance and equipment maintenance is down. Just to name a few things that are NOT what they used to be.

No different than what Conway decided to start doing, papercuts and know that employees are powerless to stop it. The vibe being broadcast was to wait and see, xpo can be a good thing or I recall hearing that was Conway and xpo had nothing to do with benefits reduction. Other than a common raise I’ve seen reduced vacation for new hire, no ot for dockworkers ( which I believe is illegal since I received back pay from a company that had that policy for dock) customary yearly insurance increase and now a nice pat on the back of reducing bereavement. Show the love
Wait a minute...you mean they took away some of your bereavement leave???

2 drivers that graduated our driving school 3 years ago just gave their notice. With shrinking availability for good city starts because of cheaper dock labor from what I hear younger employees don’t see that or shrinking benefits as a good career move to stay.

I guess they " felt the love " and came away from it feeling a bit violated. Good for them. Never sad to hear a CON-vict has gotten paroled.

This is a day by day job for me im all out of give f#%@*

Spring is coming. Around here all the carriers have been very busy through the " slow " season and have not stopped " hiring ". I say " hiring " because they can't find nobody to do this ::shit:: any more. They wish they were hiring. People leaving LTL and people leaving trucking all together.

You may be right : Bradley Jacobs and Co. want to sale. But , why sale before the major union companies negotiate a new contract? I should say TRY to negotiate a new contract. How much more valuable would XPO Logistics be if ABF or YRCW companies fail or at the very least , go on strike?

The upper management has taken a LOT of money out of the operations and tried to do it in a way were average people not involved with the company won't notice. Pay to experienced people has fallen. Equipment replacement seems to have taken a hit. Facility maintenance and equipment maintenance is down. Just to name a few things that are NOT what they used to be.

Exactly, he has a window to use before he will have to make capital investments. Just like someone flipping a house needs to sell before those mortgage payments pile up and rob them of profit.

Spring is coming. Around here all the carriers have been very busy through the " slow " season and have not stopped " hiring ". I say " hiring " because they can't find nobody to do this :::shit::: any more. They wish they were hiring. People leaving LTL and people leaving trucking all together.
Good post, highspeeds. You are more correct than most people realize. I’m not seeing any young guys coming in underneath us old fogies. If they do come in, they quickly fade. One close friend of mine at XPO said they can’t keep anybody. Two of the last three they hired quit after two or three weeks!

I don’t think people realize just how tough LTL is. Not only on the body, but the mind as well. I’ve been doing it for a long time, and it has literally kicked my ass! Fortunately for me, retirement is just around the corner.

Had a good talk with the tm when I got rescued. Managers are fed up and deflated. Can’t get anything done. Can’t order uniforms without getting approval. Can’t do a damn thing without a DGM approval.

I was optimistic when we were sold. Hoped that he would turn us into an ltl powerhouse, and treat us the opposite of how Conway was treating us. As days go by, it’s becoming clear that won’t happen and jacobs doesn’t care. It’s dissapointing to say the least, it’s just a job now.

Had a good talk with the tm when I got rescued. Managers are fed up and deflated. Can’t get anything done. Can’t order uniforms without getting approval. Can’t do a damn thing without a DGM approval.

I was optimistic when we were sold. Hoped that he would turn us into an ltl powerhouse, and treat us the opposite of how Conway was treating us. As days go by, it’s becoming clear that won’t happen and jacobs doesn’t care. It’s dissapointing to say the least, it’s just a job now.
You have spoken the sentiment across the company! Just a job. Cannot be counted on as a career anymore! Thanks!

Sorry to hear that, UN. How long have you been with the company?

It is disappointing and the same sediment seems to have taken over our entire management team. The lack of communication and team building from early on has always concerned me. We can not spend money on anything and I believe that's all about keeping the O/R low to drive that stock price. Brad Jacobs has taken the lifes breath out of this company and the ambition and hope froms its workers.

Good post, highspeeds. You are more correct than most people realize. I’m not seeing any young guys coming in underneath us old fogies. If they do come in, they quickly fade. One close friend of mine at XPO said they can’t keep anybody. Two of the last three they hired quit after two or three weeks!

I don’t think people realize just how tough LTL is. Not only on the body, but the mind as well. I’ve been doing it for a long time, and it has literally kicked my ass! Fortunately for me, retirement is just around the corner.
With the stagnation of compensation the LTL industry has finally reached the point that the OTR companies reached 20 yrs ago with the lack of ability to attract workers.

You were there during the ‘best’ of times. It’s difficult to watch things erode right before our eyes that we’ve poured our hearts and souls into. How close to retirement are you?
There will be someone along any second to tell you how great it still is