Reddaway | Reddaway driver is 2010 Idaho Driver of the Year

R-14Driver

TB Legend
Credits
reddaway_driver_is_2010_idoty-inside2.jpg

Each day, the professional drivers of YRC Worldwide are out and about in the communities where they live and work. While they're out helping customers, they're often in the position to help others as well.

That's the situation Reddaway linehaul driver Dan Istre found himself in during a routine shift.

While in Snowville, UT, Istre was waiting to meet another driver and noticed smoke, then flames, coming from a small motel. Without hesitation, he ran across the road and began pounding on doors, even kicking them open to ensure everyone got out safely before the fire engulfed the entire building. Quickly, the fire spread and the motel burned to the ground.

Had it not been for his quick thinking and his dedication to safety, the outcome could have been so much worse. In that moment, Dan Istre was truly a hero in every sense of the word..................

Reddaway driver is 2010 Idaho Driver of the Year

Great job Dan. You prove that helping others in a time of need is always the right thing to do.

although I don't work for your company , I had to respond to this.I have known Dan for many years having competed against him at TDC and seeing him on the road sometimes.He is a great driver and an even better person.

although I don't work for your company , I had to respond to this.I have known Dan for many years having competed against him at TDC and seeing him on the road sometimes.He is a great driver and an even better person.

And you sound like a great friend. How refreshing for a change.