Reddaway | Reddaway In Utah Votes To Join Teamsters Local 222!

Dont workers unionize when they are afraid of being shafted anyway?

In any case I would offer Congratuations.
Yes indeed , great they are Teamsters, but for 18 years they didn’t want what we have. So is it fair that a guy who has paid dues as a member be subject to lower seniority , if Yellow combines Reddaway’s lists , and let’s say all the Reddaway drivers have more time with the company as non - union employees.

Yes indeed , great they are Teamsters, but for 18 years they didn’t want what we have. So is it fair that a guy who has paid dues as a member be subject to lower seniority , if Yellow combines Reddaway’s lists , and let’s say all the Reddaway drivers have more time with the company as non - union employees.
That changes my thinking just a little bit. Food for thought you gave. Wouldn't that cause quite a bit of friction in the bullpen.

Strength in numbers, mergers always bring pain & hurt feelings. If these Reddaway folks had been Teamsters for the last 18 years it still would have been a dovetail to the board. No difference.
I guess you don’t get it , they chose not to become Teamsters over a spand of 18 years, they should not get rewarded, the only reward they should get is a List Job with Yellow at the bottom of yellow barn lists as New Teamsters with their company time counted

I guess you don’t get it , they chose not to become Teamsters over a spand of 18 years, they should not get rewarded, the only reward they should get is a List Job with Yellow at the bottom of yellow barn lists as New Teamsters with their company time counted
Actually maybe you don't get it. Attitudes like yours might be why non's don't like Teamsters, you know, the us verses them mentality. I've been a Teamster a very long time and I cringe every time I hear a Teamster brother denigrate a non-union worker and then condem them for being reluctant to become Teamsters.

Oh I get it as I'm a retired Teamster in Ltl. The fight is always about who should go where on the board. So your saying they should be punished for waiting so long? You confirmed my point it always comes down to merging the board. Always has always will. Understand some always feel it wasn't fair.

Last edited:
Oh I get it as I'm a retired Teamster in Ltl. The fight is always about who should go where on the board. So your saying they should be punished for waiting so long? You confirmed my point it always comes down to merging the board. Always has always will. Understand some always feel it wasn't fair.
They were never Teamsters

Someone needs to define Teamsters.

The dictionary is not adequate with this subject and my meaning is obsolete dating to the days of mule trains.

The contract calls for dovetail (with all the excitement of getting your 1 week of vacation back and that $1, you may have missed that part?) The closed shop laws will dovetail them, the RTW laws will dovetail them now after ABF put non-union Carilibna clericals at the bottom and they went to the NLRB and won in the 1990s, as it was a violation of their rights to be non-Union in an RTW state, so they were dove-tailed. ONE THING FOR SURE, yall better welcome them with open arms and show them the benefits of being in the Union, as they WILL be voting on the next contract in 2024! Move on and help THEM to make ALL much stronger!