Reddaway | Reddaway In Utah Votes To Join Teamsters Local 222!

The contract calls for dovetail (with all the excitement of getting your 1 week of vacation back and that $1, you may have missed that part?) The closed shop laws will dovetail them, the RTW laws will dovetail them now after ABF put non-union Carilibna clericals at the bottom and they went to the NLRB and won in the 1990s, as it was a violation of their rights to be non-Union in an RTW state, so they were dove-tailed. ONE THING FOR SURE, yall better welcome them with open arms and show them the benefits of being in the Union, as they WILL be voting on the next contract in 2024! Move on and help THEM to make ALL much stronger!
What you say is very true.
This never happened at PIE, there were so many companies involved, each drivers had their own little click and seldom agreed on anything.
This is a big advantage for the company.

I guess you don’t get it , they chose not to become Teamsters over a spand of 18 years, they should not get rewarded, the only reward they should get is a List Job with Yellow at the bottom of yellow barn lists as New Teamsters with their company time counted
I must confess, I only pretend to be friends with ABF drivers.
I still have nightmares about those Volvos ABF sold PIE more than 30 years ago.
I actually have all ABF drivers on ignore.
Their old Macks are hauling cane today

I guess you don’t get it , they chose not to become Teamsters over a spand of 18 years, they should not get rewarded, the only reward they should get is a List Job with Yellow at the bottom of yellow barn lists as New Teamsters with their company time counted
I take it you got bumped down the list a ways.
I would be more concerned with the company's future plans. Once they get this merger under their belt your going to see they don't need as many people.
If you don't have a CDL you may be on the outside lookin in.
All you got is a contract and a seniority date at the end of the day.

Maybe that seniority needs to be done away with. Here you get this load, here you get that load and you in the back get going.

Or...

Throw the loads into a hat, every one draws. and there you are. Get going.

You are still Union. Able to deal with things like pay, benefits and working etc.

Trucking companies always their favorites. The rest will get to work and get going.

Imagine if Pioneers had Seniority to wrestle with going west back in the day.

Maybe that seniority needs to be done away with. Here you get this load, here you get that load and you in the back get going.

Or...

You are still Union. Able to deal with things like pay, benefits and working etc.

Trucking companies always their favorites. The rest will get to work and get going.

Nope, we don't need to do away with any seniority.
If not for seniority I could not have been running sunny Fla, I could have been dodging snowflakes like those other poor bastards!

Or...

Have you been on Twisted Hippies farm partaking in the crops again? :438: Without seniority you don't have squat.

Yes indeed , great they are Teamsters, but for 18 years they didn’t want what we have. So is it fair that a guy who has paid dues as a member be subject to lower seniority , if Yellow combines Reddaway’s lists , and let’s say all the Reddaway drivers have more time with the company as non - union employees.
Reddaway slc has lost more drivers with 15 to 20 yrs longevity over the last 10 years than they currently retain. Even so, when the union allowed them into the NMFA your argument ceases to be relevant. The Teamsters and Yellow made a decision that boosts membership and retains a workforce through the Transition. Quit crying about it . They are now your equals. And by the way,they most certainly “wanted what you have” but Reddaway corporate played games and allowed terminal managers to break federal law by Lying and interfering with workers Rights to organize. The big lie at Reddaway for over 2 decades was- Reddaway is a regional carrier and there for can never join the NMFA.

Last edited:
Also you YRC guys can be blamed for Reddaway SLC,s Last big organizing effort in 2009 Failing on the 1/2 yard line. Yep! you guys chose to take a pay cut when SLC was a handful of cards short of joining the Western agreement. So you see blame can be spread around and find its way back to everyone equally. After all, Who the Hell wants to join a union that was at that time promoting pay cuts to its membership ? Kind of oxymoronic.

Also you YRC guys can be blamed for Reddaway SLC,s Last big organizing effort in 2009 Failing on the 1/2 yard line. Yep! you guys chose to take a pay cut when SLC was a handful of cards short of joining the Western agreement. So you see blame can be spread around and find its way back to everyone equally. After all, Who the Hell wants to join a union that was at that time promoting pay cuts to its membership ? Kind of oxymoronic.
Everyone to the timeout box

But regardless, it could have been voted down, many choose to complain, but many more chose not to vote, unfortunately those who voted have to pay the price of those who didn't, it's your union, you have the last say,......exercise that right