Reddaway | Reddaway In Utah Votes To Join Teamsters Local 222!

WTF is wrong with people? You joined a Union . Do they think the Union should represent them for Free? Just because you go on workers comp or LOA etc etc you are still required to stay current with your dues. Your employer can only deduct dues when you have earned funds in the form of a paycheck. Why is this a issue? Pay your bills people.

Warning danger Kevin mccaffrey local 707
Don't buy into that BS! Our Local tells members at each meeting, each month...."If you are laid off, or out for medical reasons, please get a withdrawal card and then reinstate it when you are back to work."....How simple is that? These folks in the story want to blame somebody else for THEM not doing what your Local Union By-Laws call for.

Don't buy into that BS! Our Local tells members at each meeting, each month...."If you are laid off, or out for medical reasons, please get a withdrawal card and then reinstate it when you are back to work."....How simple is that? These folks in the story want to blame somebody else for THEM not doing what your Local Union By-Laws call for.
You are 100% correct, but a lot of members couldn't even tell you where the hall is, let alone go to a meeting....

I work at reddaway slc and so far the union hasn't done anything, we don't have a steward or access to the ins yet I talked them a few weeks ago and feel like all I got was the run around, in the mean time we have lost around 10 drivers in the last few weeks, I think guys are rethinking the union and the future of this place, we are weeks behind and there's no end in site.

I work at reddaway slc and so far the union hasn't done anything, we don't have a steward or access to the ins yet I talked them a few weeks ago and feel like all I got was the run around, in the mean time we have lost around 10 drivers in the last few weeks, I think guys are rethinking the union and the future of this place, we are weeks behind and there's no end in site.
Find out who your Business Agent is & tell him/her you want a steward election. You guys are the Union at your shop. speak up, stand up & let the local know your in for the long haul. Don't sit back be proactive. Being in a union is like anything: the more you put in the more you will get back. Good luck to you Brothers.

Last edited:
Until your rosters are merged you Reddaway guys will be in limbo. Why is that hard to understand? This is completely normal given the Timeline the CEO of Yellow outlined earlier this year. If you signed a card and have yet to visit the Union Hall, that is crazy. Jeff is your BA he will tell you everything he knows about the situation.

As far as the health insurance goes, Reddaway is still a fully operational entity and your health benefits are not going to switch over to Teamcare until you officially become Yellow employees. That may also get a little sketchy considering New Employees generally have 108 days of non insured time before Teamcare considers you covered. Not sure if that will apply in Reddaways situation. You may want to ask your BA to gain clarification on it. Let us know

As far as the health insurance goes, Reddaway is still a fully operational entity and your health benefits are not going to switch over to Teamcare until you officially become Yellow employees. That may also get a little sketchy considering New Employees generally have 108 days of non insured time before Teamcare considers you covered. Not sure if that will apply in Reddaways situation. You may want to ask your BA to gain clarification on it. Let us know
First of all...they will NOT lose a day of benefits in a merge. Also, I would think the majority of Reddaway would be in the West, and Central States (TeamCare) does not service that area. They would have the same benefits as any other Freight Teamsters in that area in regards to Yellow.

First of all...they will NOT lose a day of benefits in a merge. Also, I would think the majority of Reddaway would be in the West, and Central States (TeamCare) does not service that area. They would have the same benefits as any other Freight Teamsters in that area in regards to Yellow.
UPS FRT / T-force teamsters in slc are covered under Teamcare health benefits. why would Yellow be any Different ? This is the problem with slc Reddaway. Only a hand full of employees are willing to participate actively in the process. Hopefully they will engage with the Hall and post up the info in this forum for those to follow the process as it unfolds. Change is never easy in LTL and the type of Re-engineering Yellow is going to do to its way of moving freight is going to be hard to swallow for employees in the short term.

UPS FRT / T-force teamsters in slc are covered under Teamcare health benefits. why would Yellow be any Different ? This is the problem with slc Reddaway. Only a hand full of employees are willing to participate actively in the process. Hopefully they will engage with the Hall and post up the info in this forum for those to follow the process as it unfolds. Change is never easy in LTL and the type of Re-engineering Yellow is going to do to its way of moving freight is going to be hard to swallow for employees in the short term.
T-Force & Yellow are apples to oranges. T-Force has theirs in one National Contract. Yellow is multiple plans and Pensions.

Last edited:
Whatever they have it is top tier. super low copays and i believe zero deductible for most services. Reddaway slc was downgraded during the great pay cuts of 2010 to BC BS Silver from the Gold plan they once enjoyed. Definitely an upgrade