Reddaway | Reddaway - Insurance premiums

My friend at Old Dominion pays $114 weekly for family coverage. I am just trying to find out if Reddaway Drivers have any money taken out of their paycheck for their coverage.

My friend at Old Dominion pays $114 weekly for family coverage. I am just trying to find out if Reddaway Drivers have any money taken out of their paycheck for their coverage.
My source told me the it used to be a $15 per pay period co pay for the premium. It was changed to $0.
This would be the union workers.

SLC and Denver never paid any out of pocket for monthly premiums. This was a company tactic to keep the union away. In 2010 yellow forced Reddaway into dropping the BCBS Gold plan for these employees down to the Silver plan they have today. That along with the 15% pay cuts is why Reddaway was a substandard place to work for the last 10 years. As soon as the merger is complete the Denver and SLC employees should see a bump up in healthcare plans.

No Reddaway never took insurance premiums at least the last 23 years that I’ve been here.

No Reddaway never took insurance premiums at least the last 23 years that I’ve been here.
That is not true. When Boise, Grand junction and several other barns card checked into the western agreement they were indeed required to contribute $15 per pay period. I believe that was due to the level of benefits being higher than those offered in the Northwest agreement .

That is not true. When Boise, Grand junction and several other barns card checked into the western agreement they were indeed required to contribute $15 per pay period. I believe that was due to the level of benefits being higher than those offered in the Northwest agreement .
Ok fine. As a non union barn we never paid premiums. In 23 years I’ve been here.

Wow that’s awesome. Trailers seem a little close to me lol must of done things differently back in the day. Thank You for sharing…
Just the angle of the photograph. I worked for Nielsen Freight Lines a California carrier with 18 terminals. Reddaway became a interline partner with NFL& wanted to buy it out to get into California but owner declined. Reddaway was a class act back then nice clean equipment. We were union which some of their barns in Ore, & Wash. state were also.