Reddaway | Reddaway is flipping finally.

DouchBag

TB Lurker
Credits
SLC finally went Union. Heard Reno just flipped and now they’re down in Orange, Ca. I will never understand why suck negativity towards the Union. In SLC I kinda get it. It’s the culture of following your leaders stuff. But damn everywhere else. Why settle for crumbs and not got take what you deserve.

That's great for you guys ! I am glad you guys took the bull by the horns and preserved your bid seniority. The only thing that sucks is the Hall will more than likely allow the entire roster including the holdouts to now Dovetail. The free loaders who refuse to sign cards will hopefully understand soon that Yellow does not want to deal with Non union employees. The union hall is the HR department/ Health care administrator/ Retirement administrator. Good luck going forward as Yellow freight !

lol you’re absolutely right. It’s bullsh*t but it is what it is. We at least ave a chance to hold on to some dignity and seniority. We have too many dummies willing to settle for crumbs. I hope this opens their eyes. But I doubt it…

lol you’re absolutely right. It’s bullsh*t but it is what it is. We at least ave a chance to hold on to some dignity and seniority. We have too many dummies willing to settle for crumbs. I hope this opens their eyes. But I doubt it…
My guess is most of them will quit when the change of operations is announced. Yellow will be completely changing how freight is routed in the west. Change is not welcome by those who have made back door deals with management since SLC opened in the 90's.

Not quite sure what all that means. But Yellow has been cleaning a lot of house of late. Reddaway and YELLOW. Looks like so far they really do want to change the old ways and the old thinking. Multiple firings on the spot kind of things.

Nice. Was in the cdl school with a guy from the orange terminal. Was hoping they would come into the fold.

SLC finally went Union. Heard Reno just flipped and now they’re down in Orange, Ca. I will never understand why suck negativity towards the Union. In SLC I kinda get it. It’s the culture of following your leaders stuff. But damn everywhere else. Why settle for crumbs and not got take what you deserve.
I love that you talk about unions and not taking crumbs, yet all the big non union carriers pay significantly better than Yellow. Sounds like yall already get crumbs.

I love that you talk about unions and not taking crumbs, yet all the big non union carriers pay significantly better than Yellow. Sounds like yall already get crumbs.
Yeah your right as of now in history. Yellow was mismanaged for years that caused a near bankruptcy. Or a future possibility of bankruptcy. We’re still not out of the woods. You really think the companies that pay more now would have ever paid it without Union threats lol yep Reddaway offered crumbs for years. I haven’t left because of seniority and vacation times. Yes I should have jumped ship 10 years ago. But I’m a don’t want to start over type of driver. I have 5 weeks of vacation. I have 100% paid medical. I have roughly $5000 in 401k contributions. I have damn near 100% Anonymity from an overwhelmed management team. I never ever walk around worried about write ups or nonsense management firings. Like you do at OD or FedEx. I guess crumbs come in many different shapes and sizes…

The "culture of following your leaders" is your hot take here?

It is exactly the opposite of that.

The only thing that ever held Reddaway back from higher pay and benefits is the union lawsuits. Now you have the union bullies posting here about 'roughing up' the holdouts until they see things their way.

The culture here is REAL men standing up for things like American jobs (see Keystone Pipeline, open borders for your lower-wage replacements, unsafe Mexican trucks roaming our highways instead of Americans hauling that freight, etc.) and all I can say is there is far more solidarity with the American worker than there is from the unions and their self-serving interests. Hint: that isn't you.

Real men don't need a mob. They stand on their own two feet.

And this guy you're responding to has already demonstrated his 'solidarity' for others in the derogatory slandering of drivers with stereotypical crap like "Bubba with Chrones Disease.

That knife in the back is gonna feel real good.

The only thing that ever held Reddaway back from higher pay and benefits is the union lawsuits. Now you have the union bullies posting here about 'roughing up' the holdouts until they see things their way.

The culture here is REAL men standing up for things like American jobs (see Keystone Pipeline, open borders for your lower-wage replacements, unsafe Mexican trucks roaming our highways instead of Americans hauling that freight, etc.) and all I can say is there is far more solidarity with the American worker than there is from the unions and their self-serving interests. Hint: that isn't you.

And this guy you're responding to has already demonstrated his 'solidarity' for others in the derogatory slandering of drivers with stereotypical crap like "Bubba with Chrones Disease.

(continued)

There are hundreds of examples of perfect gentlemen on this forum who belong to the union. They would never disparage others in this way.

Know a loser when you meet one. The first clue is knowing that this toad could never hold down a job long term without union protection.

So who is following their 'leader(s)' again?

Lol Can’t wait…

My guess is most of them will quit when the change of operations is announced. Yellow will be completely changing how freight is routed in the west. Change is not welcome by those who have made back door deals with management since SLC opened in the 90's.
Hello brother, nobody is going to quit, as soon they taste the honey, trust me, they will love it.
:grouphug::grouphug:
YELLOW

Great response. Well-articulated and informative. *eyeroll*
Trying to respond to nonsense bull crap is so exhausting. I answer with stupid responses. You believe what you want. Your keystone comment is bullshit. Those if there are any threatening to hurt anyone about joining the Union is an *******. It’s not 1955. I couldn’t careless if you wanted to join or not. I’m a Union guy. I’m not a “hey let the market decide” bullshit guy. Bill Zollars is a piece of ::shit:: that damn near killed this company. FedEx has caught every company off guard with their moves 15-18 years ago. Reddaway is dead. Do not exist anymore. It’s a sticker name on a door. Don’t care about your options.

(continued)

There are hundreds of examples of perfect gentlemen on this forum who belong to the union. They would never disparage others in this way.

Know a loser when you meet one. The first clue is knowing that this toad could never hold down a job long term without union protection.

So who is following their 'leader(s)' again?
Who the hell are you talking about ?

You talk about Mexican drivers. You talk about American workers. Oh your one of those “hey fellas we should park our trucks and show the Americans who’s in control of the economy guys” aren’t you ? Lol I’ve been hearing that sense I started driving back in 97. It never works. No one cares. Hey I’m with you I want better pay. Higher benefits. Newer equipment. Guess what no one wants to drive a truck. There’s openings everywhere. With huge sign on bonuses. Baby boomers are dying and or retiring. I know statistics is hard to understand. But more drivers are leaving then there are drivers to replace them. Huh so how do you fill the need ? With no workers. Idk maybe Mexican drivers

BS on the Reddaway lawsuits. SLC Reddaway was ran by a guy that hated the Union and lied to all of his workers for over 20 years. He broke the agreement that PDX had with the Union about being neutral. Mike wanted full control to do what he wanted to do. You have zero idea what went on in SLC. Mike hung his guys out to get screwed on seniority to his last day. Law suits lol GTF outa here. Reddaway doesn’t exist anymore. It’s a sticker on a door. I’m glad we went Union. I have over 20 years and I want it to mean something.

Last edited: