Reddaway | Reddaway Reorganization

HURRYUPANDWAIT!

TB Lurker
Credits
Just listened to the YRC conferece and they said HOLLAND and REDDAWAY will be geared to operate like NEW PENN who hasn't suffered a downturn like USF has. Also USF will focus on what there good at which is next day second day freight.ANY INSIGHT ON HOW NEW PENN OPERATES THERE LINE HAUL? Bestway used to load direct for terminal destinations not this consolidation effort till 5 am in Bakersfield. Heck at 5 am i was in Oakland already.:duh:

No kidding... 5am I'm almost to Benicia. 5am from Bakersfield north would but you in, say, Oakland (legally) in about 5 hrs, right? Well it's good to hear that they're not planning on shutting us down just yet. "Save us YRCW.":biglaugh::hysterical:

Well not shutting us down yet...Zollars said they would roll out the new plan in about 2 weeks. Should be sufficient enough time for management to DIG THERE OWN GRAVES.

ALL your complaining about Bestway is ignorant! Bestway new how to move next day freight.Yrc had us take over dugan and with any merge there were problems.And now Reddaway comes in and all there worried about is getting the 2-3 day freight on the road and the next day freight could wait! wait for what a new carrier!Holyoake and the other Reddaway managers are going to be looking for jobs because they are to busy listening to cry baby reddaway drivers than doing there job.GET READY TO WORK FOR A LIVING REDDAWAY DRIVER if your unfamiliar ask a BESTWAY DRIVER!!!

Let see , we only floor loaded frt in the past and tried to put the customer first and then YRCW came in and said "load average is everything boys" "put it high and tight" "it,s all about the nimbers". Now it's going back to the old money making and customer pleasing days but it's NPMF's way ???

I hate to say it, but for the most part, you're right. Maybe the "harshness" could've been left out but it's true that Reddaway just was not used to the next day service. If you've noticed, our Seattle to Texas is going smoother than our L.A. to Oakland. To tell you the truth, YRC isn't used to it either. Bestway had management problems. Everything from the money to the freight distribution. It had nothing to do with the next day service. But, I think that YRC pushed this merger so quickly that Reddaway didn't have time to prepare for the change. Since that happened, instead of having time in reconstructing the Bestway side, they were only able to try their best to maintain it. Reddaway didn't even have a chance and I blame the whole thing on YRCW. Now this is YRC's little way of making Reddaway look bad.:1036316054:
ALL your complaining about Bestway is ignorant! Bestway new how to move next day freight.Yrc had us take over dugan and with any merge there were problems.And now Reddaway comes in and all there worried about is getting the 2-3 day freight on the road and the next day freight could wait! wait for what a new carrier!Holyoake and the other Reddaway managers are going to be looking for jobs because they are to busy listening to cry baby reddaway drivers than doing there job.GET READY TO WORK FOR A LIVING REDDAWAY DRIVER if your unfamiliar ask a BESTWAY DRIVER!!!

I wasn't ready for that, so I'm not even going to discuss work ethic since that's not even pertinent to the equation.
Don't hold your breath for Hoolyhoo to get the ax. We've been waiting for that too. I don't quite understand your reasoning on why he'll be gone. If anything it will be his incompetence to schedule the line properly. I think you're putting to much emotion in your arguments. And you're not making sense. Why would a cying Reddaway driver cause Gary to be fired.
Someday when we're all master freight, we'll be on the same side, and be forced to get along.........
Maybe not...................

The way I see it...if ya work freight, you work hard. I don't care what company ya work for...everybody has to do the same kind of labor. I think if Bestway is such an outstanding company, why do they run a bunch of junk equipment. We hate to see a Bestway trailer pull into our yard. Most of the trailers all look like they are pieced together from several other trailers. None of the replacement parts are identical. It is obvious maintenance was not a priority with Bestway. I'm not saying all of Reddaway's equipment is perfect...it's not. Especially since this YRC takeover. We have all seen the equipment go in the toilet. All I'm saying is working hard (and profitable) will net you good results...good service...good equipment...good employees. And that is Reddaway's formula. I personally don't see that to be Bestway management's thinking. :1036316054:

redstar was the backbone of this proud co , along side holland . now its just a waiting game for yrc to steal numbers

At Holland we always loaded low and loose until CF went out of business and Holland hired former CF management people. Then it was jam and cram, and damage all you can. They keep talking about going back to the way Holland use to be, but I haven't seen it. All I hear about is load average.

That is all Reddaway is concerned about is LOAD AVERAGE as well.If you have the freight load it and go, it has to get to it's destination to be delivered right.Well the concensus among management is freight on the dock is money already in our pockets, true...BUT HOW ABOUT SERVICE. Holding trailers for another day to fill them out doesnt get freight delivered or bring back customers for future urgent shipments.I think anything YRC does will be good to get us back to 1-2 day service Yellow and Roadway can handle that cube out the trailer,week to get there stuff as always.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Reddaway was an awesome company before the merger. Also had one of the best O.R. No problem at all until YRC and the new YRC management. So now they just need to figure out how to make it all work.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Reddaway was an awesome company before the merger. Also had one of the best O.R. No problem at all until YRC and the new YRC management. So now they just need to figure out how to make it all work.

REDDAWAY was a good company yes
But YRC gave the management something they couldn't handle NEXT DAY SERVICE. We have guy's that call the Reddaway management I.E. Holyjoke weekly to complain about tractor assignments, the bid they been on for 9 months they don't like anymore, tractor washes and so on all NONSENSE and amazingly the VICE PRESIDENT OF TRANSPORTATION is handling these issues instead of straigntening out our service issue's.If Bill Zollars say's we are in a" Death Spiral "you bet they are looking into what the hell management has been doing.

I read all these complaints and see all the finger pointing, regardless what managements do, it comes down to the employees wanting the companies to succeed. I have worked for both union and non-union carriers and the same complaints exist. you have no control over what management does. You do the best you can with what they give you and hope they are still around for you to retire.

REDDAWAY was a good company yes
But YRC gave the management something they couldn't handle NEXT DAY SERVICE. We have guy's that call the Reddaway management I.E. Holyjoke weekly to complain about tractor assignments, the bid they been on for 9 months they don't like anymore, tractor washes and so on all NONSENSE and amazingly the VICE PRESIDENT OF TRANSPORTATION is handling these issues instead of straigntening out our service issue's.If Bill Zollars say's we are in a" Death Spiral "you bet they are looking into what the hell management has been doing.

Lets not forget YRC changed some of Reddaway's management. Problems started then, right after the merger.

when npme started interlineing with reddaway, we were selling this freight on price and service times.was supposed to be 1 day shorter time wise, than any other union or non-union carrier could do.from northeast to say LA, bakersfeild, and up the coast to seattle.deleiverd in 4 days.guess by the way you guys are talking, that wasn't happening.some one asked how npme operates? if we got a load of west coast freight in on monday, be it morning ,noon, or early evening, load would be stripped and loaded direct to local terminal, linehauled monday night and delivered on tuesday.day in and out, thats what we do, with our own freight and other partner freight.at alot of customers , we get our freight from them after all other carriers get there cause they have to meet strick cut-off times, or doesn't deliver. while npme getting back to terminal at 9,10,12 o'clock at night and still makeing next day delivers in the northeast.if your company is to be modeled after npme, accordding to BZ, this is just a small example of what you'll be looking at.

not trying to be smart-a#% here, but if reddaway guys have any questions on how npme operates, or how maybe effect what your job is. i'll answer the best i can but trufully or will find out, if i possably can. i dont know how you bassically operate day to day, but could give you something to compare what we do to your normal daily routine.ive worked the dock, in the city and now line-haul over the last 16 yrs, so could fill you in on alot of basics if anyone interested.