Reddaway | Reddaway Reorganization

well allnighttrain how does your line haule work .im a linehaul for holland an extra board driver usually leave sun /mon and am back usually on sat morning.do you think it will cut my miles down by operating like new penn

Im a linehaul driver for Reddaway
We currently have 3-2 bids
3 week leave out mon. wed. fri. home sunday morning
2 week leave out tue. thur. home sat. morning
runs are anywhere from 400 mile bids to 500 miles
most runs are good for 2000 miles on the 2 run week
and 3000 miles on the 3 run week.
we run out to are destination layover and return... for instance leave L.A. 10:30 pm mon night ,drive to Tuscon AZ. arriving tue morning, sleep during the day tue. , leave Tuscon tue night 9 pm to 11pm, arrive back in L.A. wed morning.
this is a typical line haul run out of southern california for Reddaway currently.
PLEASE COMPARE TO NEW PENN

not trying to be smart-a#% here, but if reddaway guys have any questions on how npme operates, or how maybe effect what your job is. i'll answer the best i can but trufully or will find out, if i possably can. i dont know how you bassically operate day to day, but could give you something to compare what we do to your normal daily routine.ive worked the dock, in the city and now line-haul over the last 16 yrs, so could fill you in on alot of basics if anyone interested.
I find it interesting that npenn is so quiet. sure dont here much about them...still dont.:Zzzz: Elaboration would be nice.

NPME runs a pretty tight ship. As I've stated before, STRICT CUT TIMES, no garbage freight and load it "low and loose," the emphasis is on damage free punctual service....

YRC plans for Reddaway...

I work for Holland and spoke to one of the regional v.p.'s today so I asked him about the restructuring. He wouldn't say much about Holland but he did tell me that he was told that YRC was going to cut Reddaways service to Texas , La. and I think he said New Mexico to. Sorry for the bad news and hope it turns out not to be true. He said there is just not enough revenue in servicing those areas. I'm sure Holland will be cut in the same way.

NPME runs a pretty tight ship. As I've stated before, STRICT CUT TIMES, no garbage freight and load it "low and loose," the emphasis is on damage free punctual service....

Sounds like Holland before the buyout, now its high and tight. Had to make a drop on the way home this morning.... strip the whole trailer to get to the 2 pallets in the nose I was dropping.:nutkick:

n.p. answers

here is some help on new penn. We don't have many terminals with so called road bids. New Penn calls them bids. (thats another story) But it is basically a call board. Start at the top and offer all the jobs to the bottom. N.P. has gotten away from alot of bed runs. I am out of pittsburgh and we used to have 4-5 beds a night now we have 1-2 beds and the rest are turns. 90% of our loads are direct loads with the rest being smaller terminals loaded in with larger terminals to fill out a trailer. We use mostly 45' trailers for everything. We don't stack much freight at all. I have never heard the words "load average" at n.p. I have heard the word "revenue" All of our road is night with most of our freight is all next day. We close out our dock everynight at 9:30. most road is out between 9-9:30 pm anymore specific questions let me know. The only changes that i think are going to be made is to get holland and reddaway back to their core areas that make them money. They said they are not interested in covering all 48 states with regionals. I also look for holland to pull out of N.E.

d.j.

I had a driver in Phoenix tell me one time, "Bestway doesn't run Bestway. Us Phoenix drivers run Bestway. The faster you Fontana guys realize this, the better off you'll be." I just kind of wonder where that driver is today. I'm kinda thinking, the same place I'm at right now.

who runs bestway???

I had a driver in Phoenix tell me one time, "Bestway doesn't run Bestway. Us Phoenix drivers run Bestway. The faster you Fontana guys realize this, the better off you'll be." I just kind of wonder where that driver is today. I'm kinda thinking, the same place I'm at right now.
us phoenix drivers run bestway?:biglaugh: thats funny:biglaugh:wheres that driver now? does he work for KNIGHT,,, they got 26 regional yards to serve you better!!!!:hysterical::hysterical:::sorry about ur deal turtle.... but is there a phoenix yard????:

Well, that's exactly what I was thinking. I was so boggled that I didn't tell him that I wasn't even from Fontana.

I've been meaning to ask you about your choice of color for your fonts. Does it have anything to do with the turtle being green? :biglaugh:

here is some help on new penn. We don't have many terminals with so called road bids. New Penn calls them bids. (thats another story) But it is basically a call board. Start at the top and offer all the jobs to the bottom. N.P. has gotten away from alot of bed runs. I am out of pittsburgh and we used to have 4-5 beds a night now we have 1-2 beds and the rest are turns. 90% of our loads are direct loads with the rest being smaller terminals loaded in with larger terminals to fill out a trailer. We use mostly 45' trailers for everything. We don't stack much freight at all. I have never heard the words "load average" at n.p. I have heard the word "revenue" All of our road is night with most of our freight is all next day. We close out our dock everynight at 9:30. most road is out between 9-9:30 pm anymore specific questions let me know. The only changes that i think are going to be made is to get holland and reddaway back to their core areas that make them money. They said they are not interested in covering all 48 states with regionals. I also look for holland to pull out of N.E.

d.j.

Interesting. . .this is how our terminal runs, all turns, no lays, and we have almost everyone in off the street between 1700-1800. First hook out for line is 1800 unless someone comes through and snatches it (thanks, line dispatch) and it's almost always ready. When the racks first came out we were trying to stuff trailers and it ate the clock, but we've gone back to floorload plus only stacking when it's fully sane. Tie and loadlock as much as possible. Doors down between 2000-2100. I've been told through management that we're a good example of what they want everyone doing. This is what we used to do before, except that we did struggle more with cut times when I was first hired nine years ago. Our new TM has things handled better in this respect and we are much more able to make cut times, or only late for truly good reasons.

So, if this is where NPME is, and where we're suppposed to be, great.

Now what? Bring the freight, dammit!!

Interesting. . .this is how our terminal runs, all turns, no lays, and we have almost everyone in off the street between 1700-1800. First hook out for line is 1800 unless someone comes through and snatches it (thanks, line dispatch) and it's almost always ready. When the racks first came out we were trying to stuff trailers and it ate the clock, but we've gone back to floorload plus only stacking when it's fully sane. Tie and loadlock as much as possible. Doors down between 2000-2100. I've been told through management that we're a good example of what they want everyone doing. This is what we used to do before, except that we did struggle more with cut times when I was first hired nine years ago. Our new TM has things handled better in this respect and we are much more able to make cut times, or only late for truly good reasons.

So, if this is where NPME is, and where we're suppposed to be, great.

Now what? Bring the freight, dammit!!

There is'nt a Terminal in southern California that can accomplish this except maybe San Diego because they are very small. Most local driver's are not off the street till 1900-2000. Now Bring the Freight... Yes, bring it ,Hurry please! :bananalama: