Reddaway | Reddaway to close terminals

RETL84

TB Lurker
Credits
Well found out that Newport,Coosbay,Roseburg,K-falls,Brookings And Salem are all closing. All union terminals. With Roseburg,Newport,Coosbay going to Eugene. K-falls and Brookings going to Medford and Salem going to Portland. This will affect a lot of our people who will have the ability to dovetail into the new terminals board. :TR10driving03: Good luck guys

Update !! Company has put ALL terminals listed for closeure on hold !! Until after a meeting on tuesday the 22nd with all locals in the nw agreement ! Im not sure what the meeting is about BUT !! Its RUMORED to be POSITIVE !! lets hope so !!!

Update !! Company has put ALL terminals listed for closeure on hold !! Until after a meeting on tuesday the 22nd with all locals in the nw agreement ! Im not sure what the meeting is about BUT !! Its RUMORED to be POSITIVE !! lets hope so !!!

Maybe it might get sold. That would be a positive.

You guy's dont really believe that someone will actually buy Reddaway? Why on earth would anyone buy a company that has been run into the ground. Think man!!

Yeah, Re-vote 'til you get it right I would assume! :nutkick:

I wonder how clear the picture is surrounding Seattle. May not close the terminal, but maybe down sizing it???

Broken Wrench, You must never have read the contract. Closing terminals when you stopping servicing an area can happen of course. However, the contract says that when closing a terminal while still servicing an area occurs, the Teamsters must be offered jobs in that Terminal which services the area. Which means the company must transfer the Teamsters to Downey and San Fernando. 100 Teamsters showing up in any combination at those terminals will make both Downey and San Fernando Union. The company most likely does not want that to happen. WISHFUL THINKING on your part.

You guy's dont really believe that someone will actually buy Reddaway? Why on earth would anyone buy a company that has been run into the ground. Think man!!

Ok! Hang on a minute I'll try to think. :Flame-On: Yeah! It's possible. :biglaugh:

I checked through other company resources and also confirmed that, though these things have been discussed at different times, there is currently NO plan to close these terminals.

I checked through other company resources and also confirmed that, though these things have been discussed at different times, there is currently NO plan to close these terminals.

From what I have heard from my buds in the great white north that the Salem terminal is small and there has been talk off and on thru the years of closing it down and that would be the only real one that could get shut down.