Reddaway | Reddaway wants another 10% of your check!

tylrsmom, yes we will get our pay back, starting jan. 1, 2011, this is why they are pushing this new round of concessions now, to do thier best to threaten the employees to continue the cut until 2015, holland, reddaway and new penn are profitable, the regionals are making money, yrc's next move, my guess, would be to shove all thier freight into the regionals and bankrupt yrc.
I work for Holland and was told we would get our pay back Jan 2010...as info, we did not get our pay back.

They got two different pay cuts, timing unknown. Their biggest hit was having to pay almost 500 a month for Family Medical. The non union office workers got hit with that 500 partial medical cost as well. I know a single mom at a so-cal terminal, who used to have free medical like the drivers, and now has her kids on med-a-cal. They just cant afford the company medical anymore. We just lost a great Supervisor from the So-Cal area to R&L mainly over the medical cost increases and of course the pay cuts. And we all know that Reddaway has a very small pool of Good Management.

Last edited by a moderator:
tylrsmom, yes the regionals are making money, yrc's next move, my guess, would be to shove all thier freight into the regionals and bankrupt yrc.
Or it could go the other way too. The parent company has a long list of company's they have bought ***** and closed. Will history repete itself or will the giant close all doors ???? Tick Tick Tick It could be a real turkey day this November !

After listening to the conference call on the Teamster web site Tyson Johnston answered this right at the end of the 1 hour call.
Even if you are part of the Non union YRCW or believe were making money the other guys are killing us,set us free. I suggest you take an hour and hear for your self your fate.
A pretty straight up no frills black and white tell it like it is.

YRC only respects those terminals that are organized, you gotta be kidding me. You don't think they would prefer to be non-union?

Ice Rider. You are ABSOLUTELY right! I am tired of baseless paranoia. Too many Chicken Little's yelling," the sky is falling. The sky is falling!" We all just need to sit back, take a deep breath, see what happens and go from there. Thanks for bringing sanity onboard.

Sell everything you have cuz, Reddaway is gonna take another 10%! Thats right 1.97 is going away, that will put you at $17.73hr.! Dont worry about voting on it SACRAMENTO cuz you dont get to VOTE! :clapping::438:

Let this post be all the proof you need that you need that some people will say anything to try to accomplish their own agenda, the post was total BS. So when you hear someone that has an agenda spewing things do not be to quick to believe, that is what they do, they work on fear...exactly what they accuse the employer of doing.

YO, ice panties! Don't be a hater! This thread got more hits than your best thread! It got folks talking about how fd-up were becoming! Also the company is using threats and fear of closing barns to **** their work force! I simply point this fact out.......................

U got away without paying union dues and been a union member for such along time.
U got ur pay increases cause the union boys did and all for nothiing.
Now ur crying cause ur not treated the same.
How much $$$ have U saved by not paying dues and getting the benifits of the union when they got a pay increase and now ur bitching.
No NO Not at all do I feel sorry for the likes of U.
Stop been a idiot and get organized and realize U will be paying for the priviliges the union people have.

U got away without paying union dues and been a union member for such along time.
U got ur pay increases cause the union boys did and all for nothiing.
Now ur crying cause ur not treated the same.
How much $$$ have U saved by not paying dues and getting the benifits of the union when they got a pay increase and now ur bitching.
No NO Not at all do I feel sorry for the likes of U.
Stop been a idiot and get organized and realize U will be paying for the priviliges the union people have.

If you are under the YRC umbrella, Which non union terminal are they closing? how many union barns has YRC closed in the last two years? how many union drivers are layed off compared to nons? when was YOUR last pay increase? beyond the 15% they took? not cost of living but beyond what you made two years ago? Fed Ex gets raises, last one was last month I believe...no union there, they have great benefits in fact they far exceed the benefits I recieve as an IBT member, damn I dont even get short term disability benefits here and they have long and short term benefits...no union there. hmmmm your theory falls short.

I was not the one crying about been non union. In a company that is 1/2 union.
I do not agree with what ur saying, some maybe, but not all and is that why Fed X is trying to go union? Think about it.
I either or except the union and there ways or move on, like you or even ride the shirt tails of the union boys and be thankful I could.
My theory is if you do not like it move on. It is not going to change by whinning.