Holland | Regional opinions?

The regional companys should have their own contract with their respective employees. The NMFA is over. ABF has their own deal and thanks to the incompetence of YRCW, we are all separated now during negotiations. ABF's latest contract is concessionary, but I'd take it in a heartbeat compared to what we have now. Despite the give backs, I feel there is still a lot of pride @ Holland, and probably at the other regional carriers as well.. It's just this forced "marriage" we're in. A "one size fits all" contract simply doesnt fit companies like YRC Freight,and the regional carriers. The operations are vastly different, so why do we have the same language and pay?? Wouldn't it be nice to reward the employees (union and non-union) who have put their companies on the road to profitability? The thought of 5 more years of being hand cuffed to this bloated behemoth YRCW is depressing at best. I've enjoyed working at Hollland for the last 14 yrs. After having worked for several now defunct carriers in the past, this is (was) by far the best freight line I've worked for in terms of service and claims, and overall job satisfaction. Lets' get our own deal !!!!!!

Wouldn't it be nice to reward the employees (union and non-union) who have put their companies on the road to profitability?
Yes. Absolutely. But that's never going to happen because there's a contract in the way. Everyone is the same. lol

The hard chargers have to offset those who are lazy. It's a good thing that both exist. But when the company has their hand in their pocket, there are hard chargers who won't produce what they used to or capable of either. Therefore, you have a sinking ship.

It seems that holland is the most profitable peice of the yrcw family. The decision you guys have to make is a very hard one, and tthe way it looks it might be the end,

lets not forget yellow freight did buy a bankrupt usf company , and kept it in business!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lets not forget yellow freight did buy a bankrupt usf company , and kept it in business!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They weren't bankrupt. The were very profitable. The regionals are the only thing keeping the yellow pig alive Yellow destroyed this company. That pos yellow has destroyed everything it touched.

Hang on there Pal. You don't get to re-write history. Just because your terminal manager over there at old Yeller told you this b.s., that don't make it true. And if this is your memory...........you need to change your medications.

Well we had a meeting at our local this am, seems people want to at least hear what they have to say. guess that makes us yellow. but at least it buys a few more weeks till they shut it down. i don't get the impression that anyone thinks we'll be around till Christmas. My own opinion, and that's all it is, is that the banks need a vitran, central freight, kind of package. I don't think there'll be any negotiating, it will be a take it or leave it proposition.

Welcome to the new company friendlier IBT way of negotiating... For that last few contracts, The IBT has been negotiating for the IBT and companies, not the teamster members. I personally don't think yrc is going out of business, this is just another step for you to pay the bill created from poor management decisions...

DON'T VOTE OUT OF FEAR, VOTE FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN!!!

Good luck Brother and Sisters!!! HAVE A GREAT THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY...

hang on there pal. You don't get to re-write history. Just because your terminal manager over there at old yeller told you this b.s., that don't make it true. And if this is your memory...........you need to change your medications.

I keep hitting like, but wont let me like it more then once. Too bad you are spot on...

I personally don't think yrc is going out of business, this is just another step for you to pay the bill created from poor management decisions...

There's one of the main reasons that I bailed out. They had their hand in my pocket, taking food off my table, and I had to watch their idiocy on display every day. I just couldn't tolerate it any more. I refused to fund their incompetence.

I'm just about to jump ship also! Only thing that was keeping me here was the health insurance and it sounds like they are gonna hit us on that next! I'm tired of having to pay to work for this s-hole where i could lose my life any night driving the roads with all the maniacs out there. just ain't worth it anymore! And when are we suppose to hear what they are wanting this time anyway? I thought it was sooo urgent to have this done soon?? POS company anyway!!!!! They knew this crap was coming due and they wait till the holidays to spring it on us. Heartless ***holes!!

Just drinking their T.M. koolaid and trying to stir the pot.

But Yellow already made their history, by ruining a lot of other companies and putting families on unemployment.

If YRCW could move freight as good as they move their employees, the customers would get their freight before they even order it.