Holland | Regional opinions?

Don't understand they will probably want work rule changes that don't even apply to the regionals ie lease drivers for line haul. That was the problem a couple of contracts ago alot of stuff pertaining to long haul that wouldn't effect a regional carrier.

I know that I am new here, but I have to get this off my chest. I DON'T CARE WHICH PART YOU DRIVE FOR!!!.. We have to stand together!!!!! Now, there was this big push to hurry up and get a new deal in place correct? But, what has gone on during the last month. Nothing has been officially proposed! All that we have gotten is a bunch of bull***** propaganda from YRCW trying to make us worry that we will all lose our jobs if we don't give in. Seeming that it is the holiday season, this is what they want us to believe. Well my brothers, the ship will not sink. If these debt payments were such the crisis that they say they are, then why haven't we got a deal done yet. I personally believe, and if you really think about it you will see the writing also, that YRCW already has an agreement with the lenders. The lenders want a new contract to show stability over time instead of the possibility of a stike or work stoppage after the current contract. YRCW wants to see how much more they can squeeze out of us for the next 5 years. I SAY THAT WE TAKE A STAND AND ALL VOTE NO, SHOW THEM THAT WE WON'T BACK DOWN!!!! REMEMBER, WITHOUT US THEY CAN'T SURVIVE!!! LET'S GET WHAT WE DESERVE, YRCW WILL GET THE REFINACING THEY NEED!

Don't understand they will probably want work rule changes that don't even apply to the regionals ie lease drivers for line haul. That was the problem a couple of contracts ago alot of stuff pertaining to long haul that wouldn't effect a regional carrier.

Detroit has had subcontractor companies in that terminal for years. They are already allowed to outsource 9% of all of their freight. Work rules changes ALWAYS cost us money and get exploited double at Holland. Does everyone remember the Scott Ware memos that specifically said "and now we need to exploit these changes" even before they were implemented and even though they were (and still are) on hold...