Yellow | relatives at Yellow

Old rules were you can’t be in direct line of supervision at time of hiring to prevent nepotism. May not be a deal since this wasn’t the issue at initial hiring so long as no performance issues
New rule probably can’t find someone to take job anyway so throw out the old rules

When I applied at Big R in the 70's my father in law who already worked there told me not to say we were related since at that time they wouldn't hire me. Got hired and always worried that they would say I lied on my app and let me go.
Hey I can relate to that. I worked 40 years for Yellow/YRC never had a road test. TM who hired me told me to sign a paper. I asked what it was. He said showing I had a road test.

i work at New Penn in Maspeth but since were all one big happy family now and this thread gets more traffic than the NP one, i figured i'd post this here. we have an issue in Maspeth. recently the acting TM left the company for a better situation outside of the industry. Yellow decided to promote a supervisor as the new TM. However, this guy has his brother as a supervisor/dispatcher. they have work alongside each other for a few years now. there were no problems until this week. now we have a rat as a driver. a real POS who loves to email HR, record conversations, call OSHA, and probably more head shaking things you wouldn't think a union man would do. He is by far the most pathetic example of what a union man is. a f*cking embarassment to work with. he apparently put a battery in the back of an office worker who doesn't like the brothers. this worker allegedly reached out to higher ups to complain about the two brothers working together. whether there's going to be a change now that this situation was put into question is beyond me. my question is what is Yellow's rule when it comes to family working at the same terminal ?
Yes it’s been allowed for a long time now

I can only tell you that when I was with Preston Trucking in Dubois Pa., a drivers brother applied for a driving job and was told that company policy would not allow for brothers to work in the same facility. He filed a complaint with the labor board, not sure if it was state or federal. Preston was told that if he was otherwise qualified and neither would supervise the other, they could not discriminate based only on relationship. I transferred out of Dubois in 1982, so that would have been probably late 70s
When Ryder acquired Harris Express, they had 2 brothers driving, one quit, when Ryder started hiring he applied and was told they didn't hire brothers.

Did said Phil Harris have a large boat?

CaseStudy_CorneliaMarie_InWater_Front:SmartCropFourToThree

Took me years to Distill Arkansas into a way of life.

"Sir your Roof is leaking now" (Raining)

Later when the sun is out, "Sir lets fix the roof leak"

No its not leaking now. We have other work to do.

Rains again....

Sir the roof... "yes its too wet to go fix it now. Dont keep bothering me, you are a pain."