FedEx Freight | Remember when.... AF Thread

I can remember having confidence in local management. Because they had operational experience. And common sense. My first terminal mgr kept a pair of coveralls hanging in his office, and he would work the dock when the operation was busy.
Never let management do your work

it was better when it was AF. They didn't micro managed the drivers. They also took care of their drivers and made them feel like a valuable employee and management were held to high standards to take care of their drivers.

Fast forward 22 years later. Its the exact opposite. They don't care about their drivers. And management lie to save their jobs.

I don't think that Sheridan Garrison envisioned this. He was a People First person. He knew how valuable everybody was to AF. If he could see what's going on now. He would step in and put integrity back into a company that he valued dearly.

Hey chappey read that slow and think about it lol bless your heart
Read it slow a few times, I'm old, probably from a different generation/era, never let management do your work unless it's a health or safety issue, you seem depressed that you don't have a manager that will do dock work during busy times, solution, hire more people

Any of you AF guys remember a TM name Ivan that worked in Detroit and Toledo area? I was with CFCC and he came from AF to us in Toledo.

Any of you AF guys remember a TM name Ivan that worked in Detroit and Toledo area? I was with CFCC and he came from AF to us in Toledo.
I remember a regional boss named Ivan Waterbury. Used to see him in CGX the summit hub. He wanted to run the forklifts wide open all the time. No governors but he didn’t stick around long after the lay down runs ended.

I remember a regional boss named Ivan Waterbury. Used to see him in CGX the summit hub. He wanted to run the forklifts wide open all the time. No governors but he didn’t stick around long after the lay down runs ended.
That’s him. He was with CFCC until the ABF buyout. He was Terminal Manager at CFCC Toledo Breakbulk. Not sure where he ended up as ABF closed the Toledo Breakbulk down. Had a bad reputation coming in but he seemed pretty fair to me. He knew how to play the union games. I think he knew the contract better than our steward

Last edited:
I can remember having confidence in local management. Because they had operational experience. And common sense. My first terminal mgr kept a pair of coveralls hanging in his office, and he would work the dock when the operation was busy.
Roger B hired me. He was the terminal manager then. If it was busy he would work dock and make supervisors too. He was promoted to RVP, but he always came out to check on operation and talk to his associates. Top notch management! Didn't mind going extra mile for that man!

Now it's do my run and go home! Don't wanna conversate or help any other than what my job says do..

it was better when it was AF. They didn't micro managed the drivers. They also took care of their drivers and made them feel like a valuable employee and management were held to high standards to take care of their drivers.

Fast forward 22 years later. Its the exact opposite. They don't care about their drivers. And management lie to save their jobs.

I don't think that Sheridan Garrison envisioned this. He was a People First person. He knew how valuable everybody was to AF. If he could see what's going on now. He would step in and put integrity back into a company that he valued dearly.
You forget Mr. Garrison was a Truck Driver first

Visitor. Anyone remember a dispatcher with the name of one of The Chipmunks? Normally goes by the name that is synonymous with what you do when you fuel. Forgive my vagueness; This guy is 100% class act & is close to retirement. W!ndy C!ty area for us. This gentleman deserves no animosity, keep it close to the vest if replying. Please.