ABF | Reply to KK's two cents worth

Hey KK you can bet I will vote on this one, thank's for the advise. I hope u are right about it not beeing a done deal, but you know the union. Jumping for a no vote! :hyper:

The invite is at the top of the page to come to Atlanta on 5/2/10, Sunday, at 7PM and hear the information the IBT is bringing before our ABF members....the hall seats 650....tell them I invited you...I will be at the door!......KK

I encourage everyone to go to the meetings too. All that I ask is to go there with an open mind and just see if anyone tries to sway your vote in one way or the other. I'll admit that I'm trying to get a no vote but atleast I admit it. One thing that you won't find out there is that in 1988 when ABF was in debt in the tune of 390 million from that hostile takeover,Young only asked for a 10% giveback, now in 2010, they( ABF and Tyson) are asking for a 15% giveback when they have 184 million cash reserve. This I can prove,I still have the agreement.They needed 75% of the vote back then and it didn't pass but guess what,they flourished anyway and became the company they are today.I know ABF and they are all business and will look to get that almighty dollar any way that they can,even taking it from our pockets if we are willing to give it to them.

[quote author=JustAWorkingMan link=topic=79544.msg824471#msg824471 date=1272170303]
I encourage everyone to go to the meetings too. All that I ask is to go there with an open mind and just see if anyone tries to sway your vote in one way or the other. I'll admit that I'm trying to get a no vote but atleast I admit it. One thing that you won't find out there is that in 1988 when ABF was in debt in the tune of 390 million from that hostile takeover,Young only asked for a 10% giveback, now in 2010, they( ABF and Tyson) are asking for a 15% giveback when they have 184 million cash reserve. This I can prove,I still have the agreement.They needed 75% of the vote back then and it didn't pass but guess what,they flourished anyway and became the company they are today.I know ABF and they are all business and will look to get that almighty dollar any way that they can,even taking it from our pockets if we are willing to give it to them.
[/quote] Wow, Didn't know that! I'll be sure to remind our members of that at today's meeting. Thanks :thumbsup: