XPO | Required 30 minute break

???????????? So 10 truck running 65mph down the interstate with a speed limit of 65, other then an on ramp the only interaction they would have would be with a vehicle moving slower. So if a truck come along doing 68 like a t.force truck he will have interaction with all 10 trucks were if he was doing 65 he would have none. So who is really causing the interactions the truck doing the speed limit or the one doing 68???
and yes I have been brake check by T.force trucks because he considered me being in front of him a pay cut...
I liked it better when t force was set at 68mph. Now at 65mph, they do everything they can to get in front of me. I know xpo has plenty of bad drivers, but where I run, t force seems to have a abundance.

To the guys that fought to get drivers a break - I tip my hat to you. Me personally, I think I just gets in the way of getting sh-t done. My break is getting done and going home, that’s why i love driving the autos…one hand on the steering wheel, the other hand on my sandwich.

To the guys that fought to get drivers a break - I tip my hat to you. Me personally, I think I just gets in the way of getting sh-t done. My break is getting done and going home, that’s why i love driving the autos…one hand on the steering wheel, the other hand on my sandwich.
Eating while driving, is statistically as bad as texting and driving, when it comes to being distracted while driving.

So doing 8-1/2 hours work in 8 hours somehow makes you feel good? I'm sure your bosses think you're a swell guy for doing that. :idunno:

???????????? So 10 truck running 65mph down the interstate with a speed limit of 65, other then an on ramp the only interaction they would have would be with a vehicle moving slower. So if a truck come along doing 68 like a t.force truck he will have interaction with all 10 trucks were if he was doing 65 he would have none. So who is really causing the interactions the truck doing the speed limit or the one doing 68???
and yes I have been brake check by T.force trucks because he considered me being in front of him a pay cut...
All your scenario proves is that all situations are different...lets change that situation to all the trucks are doing 68 except one doing 65... now the one doing 65 is causing the interactions

So doing 8-1/2 hours work in 8 hours somehow makes you feel good? I'm sure your bosses think you're a swell guy for doing that. :idunno:
How is he doing 8-1/2 work in 8hrs????? Last I check lunch was off the clock. So if he does 8-1/2hrs work he is at work 8-1/2hrs. For you to 8-1/2hrs work you need to be at work for 9hrs.

How is he doing 8-1/2 work in 8hrs????? Last I check lunch was off the clock. So if he does 8-1/2hrs work he is at work 8-1/2hrs. For you to 8-1/2hrs work you need to be at work for 9hrs.
I got paid an 8 hr guarantee for a single Greensboro 3.5 hrs driving plus 30 min switch.
4 hrs total work.
We were required to take a 1 hr meal period only if the run was over 6 hrs.
This was for Charlotte drivers only.

Last edited:
It depends on what you do.

P&D drivers; City drivers at XPO have 30 minutes deducted unless you fill out a sheet requesting that it not be deducted if you work 6 hours or more.

If you want to give away your 30 minutes of time to leave 30 minutes earlier or to get some extra work done , nobody in management will object. Management wouldn't object if you purchased your own tractor with a bigger engine and no governor so you could run faster , and don't forget to pick up the tab for the fuel and insurance too! :acne:

That's an extreme example and I hope nobody goes that far to "help" their employer , but to all of the hardworking folks out there - Stop and give yourselves a break from time to time , you earned it ( and don't give it away to get away )

For an hourly, the company loves the guy who works through his break. Let's put a number on it.

1/2 hour a day
2 1/2 hours a week
10 hours a month
120 hours a year Giving 3 weeks' pay at 40 hours a week..

At $30 an hour that's $3600........
Just to be fair. Guys who ,
Start their shift sitting in the break room, snacking, complaining, and bathroom time? 30 min

Wasting time on dock in morning? 30
min

Sitting in truck playing with phone after hooking up, and through out the day? Another 30 min?

Talking to customers and other drivers at stops all day? Another 30-45 min

Wasted time dropping, milking the clock, and checking in at end of day? Another 30.

Could be 2-3 hours daily, when they could have been already home, and only paid for 8 hours instead of the 10.5 - 11 they clocked?

But complain on here about the lunch break they are to take, that is keeping them from getting home quicker.

Just to be fair. Guys who ,
Start their shift sitting in the break room, snacking, complaining, and bathroom time? 30 min

Wasting time on dock in morning? 30
min

Sitting in truck playing with phone after hooking up, and through out the day? Another 30 min?

Talking to customers and other drivers at stops all day? Another 30-45 min

Wasted time dropping, milking the clock, and checking in at end of day? Another 30.

Could be 2-3 hours daily, when they could have been already home, and only paid for 8 hours instead of the 10.5 - 11 they clocked?

But complain on here about the lunch break they are to take, that is keeping them from getting home quicker.
Have you been spying on me you Bastard?

I've eaten a 45' trailer load of oranges and grapefruit between Jax and Charl.
Never been distracted and never missed too many good-looking seat covers either.
Just for the record, if mama happens to read this post, I was kidding about seat covers.
On the other hand, she knows I'm like the dog chasing the UPS truck,
if he catches it, he can't drive it.