XPO | Required 30 minute break

It depends on what you do.

P&D drivers; City drivers at XPO have 30 minutes deducted unless you fill out a sheet requesting that it not be deducted if you work 6 hours or more.

If you want to give away your 30 minutes of time to leave 30 minutes earlier or to get some extra work done , nobody in management will object. Management wouldn't object if you purchased your own tractor with a bigger engine and no governor so you could run faster , and don't forget to pick up the tab for the fuel and insurance too! :acne:

That's an extreme example and I hope nobody goes that far to "help" their employer , but to all of the hardworking folks out there - Stop and give yourselves a break from time to time , you earned it ( and don't give it away to get away )
That what I said back in post#7 on this thread. Maybe I should have been more clear that working LH I'm giving nothing to the company

For an hourly, the company loves the guy who works through his break. Let's put a number on it.

1/2 hour a day
2 1/2 hours a week
10 hours a month
120 hours a year Giving 3 weeks' pay at 40 hours a week..

At $30 an hour that's $3600........
and for the LH driver

1/2hr per day out longer
2 1/2hrs per week out longer
10hrs a month out longer
120hrs per year is 3 weeks away from home

At.....wait not paid by the hours so no free labor to the company

Like I said before if you run LH and wait to take a lunch then take one. I fell LH driver should not be forced to take a lunch.