R&L | Rest Assured Lytex Camera's Will Being New Rules

nobodysboy

here to inform not to conform.
Credits
When these cameras 1st appeared without the bendix system R+L said they only installed them saying they were installed to protect the company's liability in an accident. Little did we know they would go back and use it as a weapon. New trucks with bendix at least pop a warning that you're 5 mph over the posted limit. Or slightly out of lane. Or maybe just a bit to close at freeway speed. To have the company spring the landslide of what they consider violations is a bit of a blindside. 4 seconds behind a vehicle at 60 mph is about 400 yards .....or so. I heard they're even popping drivers for curb bumps. Next year I am sure the new employee handbook will have all sorts of crap in it relating to R+L having full control to terminate your employment with repeat violations. Those of you with just the camera will obviously have a legal leg to stand on with FTC and some other violations but those of you with new trucks and full safety enhancements will be vulnerable. Micromanaging will be the new norm. Don't give me that crap about making us better drivers. That is nothing but a comment suck butts use. I won't sugar coat it even after I retire. Things aren't getting better.

When these cameras 1st appeared without the bendix system R+L said they only installed them saying they were installed to protect the company's liability in an accident. Little did we know they would go back and use it as a weapon. New trucks with bendix at least pop a warning that you're 5 mph over the posted limit. Or slightly out of lane. Or maybe just a bit to close at freeway speed. To have the company spring the landslide of what they consider violations is a bit of a blindside. 4 seconds behind a vehicle at 60 mph is about 400 yards .....or so. I heard they're even popping drivers for curb bumps. Next year I am sure the new employee handbook will have all sorts of crap in it relating to R+L having full control to terminate your employment with repeat violations. Those of you with just the camera will obviously have a legal leg to stand on with FTC and some other violations but those of you with new trucks and full safety enhancements will be vulnerable. Micromanaging will be the new norm. Don't give me that crap about making us better drivers. That is nothing but a comment suck butts use. I won't sugar coat it even after I retire. Things aren't getting better.
We can't get good drivers as it is... Don't think they are gonna start firing people. Our top rate now with raise still lower than competitions starting rate. All the good available drivers go to those companies and we get the rejects. Don't really think they are gonna start getting rid of people over the cameras

We can't get good drivers as it is... Don't think they are gonna start firing people. Our top rate now with raise still lower than competitions starting rate. All the good available drivers go to those companies and we get the rejects. Don't really think they are gonna start getting rid of people over the cameras
With the economy in shambles for the near future I disagree with you. Dallas is struggling to keep people working now. We had 5 guys for 2 weeks took home ZERO dollars. 2 weeks. ZERO

With the economy in shambles for the near future I disagree with you. Dallas is struggling to keep people working now. We had 5 guys for 2 weeks took home ZERO dollars. 2 weeks. ZERO

Believe it or not, we’re starting to get slammed again out here on the west coast and they’re hiring drivers. And they’ve been micromanaging with the cameras since last summer here. The good thing is, the company stated in the in motion magazine late last year that the cameras will be only used for non-disciplinary coaching. One scary thing though is that behind that plastic cap on the back is a driver facing cam, I really hope they don’t decide to take that cap off.

Believe it or not, we’re starting to get slammed again out here on the west coast and they’re hiring drivers. And they’ve been micromanaging with the cameras since last summer here. The good thing is, the company stated in the in motion magazine late last year that the cameras will be only used for non-disciplinary coaching. One scary thing though is that behind that plastic cap on the back is a driver facing cam, I really hope they don’t decide to take that cap off.

" NON- DISCIPLINARY TRAINING" / THAT'S HOW IT STARTED AT XPO! Multiple drivers terminated because of drver- facing cameras.

" NON- DISCIPLINARY TRAINING" / THAT'S HOW IT STARTED AT XPO! Multiple drivers terminated because of drver- facing cameras.
It's not that they will use it to terminate but they WILL use it as a tool if you are terminated for some oddball reason. I wouldn't expect R+L to come after me but let's face it.....a lot of driver's make themselves targets. As far as business goes route drivers tend to have their normal customer pickups....some days busy and some days not. Driver's running wild tend to have the more busy days. That's just LTL.

You guys do realize that the insurance companies play a part in these cameras,and lane sensors also? R and L, like most companies using them get a little break on insurance costs too,for having them. Especially when a video shows who is actually liable in an accident.If you are not on your phone,eating,or doing anything else deemed distracted driving,you have nothing to worry about. Just my view.

Reality is, its not hard to keep the camera system happy. Im at about 6 months now since my last coachable event. Sure, my city performance isn't what it used to be but, if they want safety, they are getting it. LOL

You guys do realize that the insurance companies play a part in these cameras,and lane sensors also? R and L, like most companies using them get a little break on insurance costs too,for having them. Especially when a video shows who is actually liable in an accident.If you are not on your phone,eating,or doing anything else deemed distracted driving,you have nothing to worry about. Just my view.
I am sure the savings from the trial lawyers actions will more than pay for the cameras...with a lawsuit at the drop of a dime, it probably is not a bad move..I've retired from ABF but looking back, I wouldn't have ever had a problem with the program.

Just think, the camera showing you didn't actually cause the accident and the trail lawyer not collecting for the "money his client
Deserves?" you know, the "Money You Deserve"

I don't believe a word of this.
I think Roadway Spy supplies the cameras to record his deeds for (Show and Tell)