Yellow | Results delayed until next week

Why didn't I think of that! That is why the company scheduled the meeting 2 days before the conference call. Also notice the word "negotiate"' . This has only just begun.

They'll want our sick days. They'll give "excused" days instead. As for the thought of profit sharing?:hysterical: That's just too much!

The request adds to earlier suggestions that YRC may ask for additional concessions from the union rather than an extension of their current terms. Welch’s letter to employees had said the new contract would need to increase the company’s competitiveness, but it did not specify how.

I keep seeing that line, anyone know of more meetings?

:rolleyes::can someone explain what a holistic refinancing solution is to this 309 dockroach?

Fancy way of saying that all elements of our enormous debt will be addressed. My opinion is maybe it's about time the banks take some medicine, too.

Well so much for the 7% rumor, stick a fork in that one. They're trying to pin some of the blame on a sluggish economy, that's a laugh, the last thing YRC needs is a rubust economy, they can't get drivers as it is, in a robust economy they'll be left in the dust of those with the ability to increase capacity. What's the absenteeism issue? Guys taking days off because of too much forced overtime?

We tend to blame $bill and YRCW for the financial condition we face. But the reasons extend to the banks that provided money to Yellow Corporation and later YRC Corporation. Failure of the banks to recognize the risk is why I feel they should accept some of the sacrifice.

We tend to blame $bill and YRCW for the financial condition we face. But the reasons extend to the banks that provided money to Yellow Corporation and later YRC Corporation. Failure of the banks to recognize the risk is why I feel they should accept some of the sacrifice.

You can put some of the blame on the IBT for NOT fighting it..

Well so much for the 7% rumor, stick a fork in that one. They're trying to pin some of the blame on a sluggish economy, that's a laugh, the last thing YRC needs is a rubust economy, they can't get drivers as it is, in a robust economy they'll be left in the dust of those with the ability to increase capacity. What's the absenteeism issue? Guys taking days off because of too much forced overtime?

i think they want our sick days due jan 1

But the reasons extend to the banks that provided money to Yellow Corporation and later YRC Corporation. Failure of the banks to recognize the risk is why I feel they should accept some of the sacrifice.

How do you feel the banks would have acted had they fully recognized (assuming they didn't) the risk? How would their different actions changed where YRC is today?

Last edited by a moderator:

Its amazing how welch can still use the term "STRUGGLING ECONOMY" when almost all ltl outfits posted profits, O.R'S from 84.4 to 97.5. I think welch is talking about a differnt economy, maybe hes got Irans numbers mixed up with americas?????

Its amazing how welch can still use the term "STRUGGLING ECONOMY" when almost all ltl outfits posted profits, O.R'S from 84.4 to 97.5. I think welch is talking about a differnt economy, maybe hes got Irans numbers mixed up with americas?????

You're kidding right? While the economy has improved slightly, it's nowhere near where it should be. Ask any of these folks if they think things are improving.

U.S. planned layoffs rise in October: Challenger | Reuters

Kellogg to cut 7% of workforce to reduce costs

And if YRCW implements the same type work rules as the Nons have maybe then their OR will match that of the Nons. Would you be happy working that way? Just asking.

How important is the profitability of your employer v. your work rules? Asking for premium work rules at the expense of your employers profitability is different from an employers' focus on profit at the expense of their employees how?

There exists a ton of middle ground. Problem is each side, too often thinks the other has too much.

FORCED OVERTIME helps pay BILLS etc. Be glad after 8 not 55+ at non's PLUS no contributions to Med Ins. Get off the dock into the REAL world. Start at the bottom of the list some place else. Talk about B.S. NOTHING OUT THERE

the other ltls O>R is good because they do more work with less people....................

bottom line go ask how many hooks per hour they do or bills on the dock compared to our big break bulks

.there biggest savings are legacy costs and the road drivers they fuel there trucks (one less teamster job) they make and break there sets (3 less teamster jobs) and work the dock in most cases (eliminating another teamster job)..equals 5 versus one..

welch said 10 or 15 years ago in Chicago ridge we have to many people doing those jobs 5 versus non union ltl has 1) ........they have profits because of a lot of factors they don't have the legacy costs we do....................... and they do more work with less people, some don't pay overtime I've been told......... some don't pay as much ,most if not all pay something for there insurance etc