1. I need some pickup truck owners to visit my next project and help me get it off the ground by registering and posting a few pics and providing a little feedback and suggestions . Go to Truckingboards.net

YRC Results delayed until next week

Discussion in 'YRC Freight' started by nothumbleenough, Nov 6, 2013.

1. nothumbleenough

nothumbleenough Active Member

2. Hoosierky

Hoosierky Enjoying Life Everyday!

Why didn't I think of that! That is why the company scheduled the meeting 2 days before the conference call. Also notice the word "negotiate"' . This has only just begun.

3. wildbean

wildbean Member

They'll want our sick days. They'll give "excused" days instead. As for the thought of profit sharing?:hysterical: That's just too much!

4. Wrench97

Wrench97 Well-Known Member

I keep seeing that line, anyone know of more meetings?

5. tutone710

tutone710 Your Retirement Canceled

6. bubbadog121

bubbadog121 Well-Known Member

To be honest I was just hoping for a straight up 5 year extension!
    Seems things are getting a little more sticky.

7. roadkill340

roadkill340 Active Member

:rolleyes::can someone explain what a holistic refinancing solution is to this 309 dockroach?

8. albag

albag Pray for peace! AD-FREE USER

Driver Since:
    Fancy way of saying that all elements of our enormous debt will be addressed. My opinion is maybe it's about time the banks take some medicine, too.

9. SuperCourse

SuperCourse Well-Known Member

Well so much for the 7% rumor, stick a fork in that one. They're trying to pin some of the blame on a sluggish economy, that's a laugh, the last thing YRC needs is a rubust economy, they can't get drivers as it is, in a robust economy they'll be left in the dust of those with the ability to increase capacity. What's the absenteeism issue? Guys taking days off because of too much forced overtime?

10. hairs2u

hairs2u Active Member

It's all about corporate greed. Let the little guy pay for our mistakes. They don't mind. LOL:flame:

11. roadkill340

thanks albag.was 710 at this meeting? have heard nothing from them on dock

12. albag

albag Pray for peace! AD-FREE USER

Driver Since:
    We tend to blame $bill and YRCW for the financial condition we face. But the reasons extend to the banks that provided money to Yellow Corporation and later YRC Corporation. Failure of the banks to recognize the risk is why I feel they should accept some of the sacrifice.

13. crazy

crazy Well-Known Member

You can put some of the blame on the IBT for NOT fighting it..

14. roadkill340

i think they want our sick days due jan 1

15. EX396

EX396 Well-Known Member

How do you feel the banks would have acted had they fully recognized (assuming they didn't) the risk? How would their different actions changed where YRC is today?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2013
  16. $outh$side $tre$$

$outh$side $tre$$ Well-Known Member

Its amazing how welch can still use the term "STRUGGLING ECONOMY" when almost all ltl outfits posted profits, O.R'S from 84.4 to 97.5. I think welch is talking about a differnt economy, maybe hes got Irans numbers mixed up with americas?????

17. Triplex

Triplex Experienced stalker

You're kidding right? While the economy has improved slightly, it's nowhere near where it should be. Ask any of these folks if they think things are improving.

U.S. planned layoffs rise in October: Challenger | Reuters

Kellogg to cut 7% of workforce to reduce costs

And if YRCW implements the same type work rules as the Nons have maybe then their OR will match that of the Nons. Would you be happy working that way? Just asking.

18. EX396

EX396 Well-Known Member

How important is the profitability of your employer v. your work rules? Asking for premium work rules at the expense of your employers profitability is different from an employers' focus on profit at the expense of their employees how?

There exists a ton of middle ground. Problem is each side, too often thinks the other has too much.

19. bootleg707

bootleg707 Active Member

FORCED OVERTIME helps pay BILLS etc. Be glad after 8 not 55+ at non's PLUS no contributions to Med Ins. Get off the dock into the REAL world. Start at the bottom of the list some place else. Talk about B.S. NOTHING OUT THERE

20. cellblock309

cellblock309 Well-Known Member

the other ltls O>R is good because they do more work with less people....................

bottom line go ask how many hooks per hour they do or bills on the dock compared to our big break bulks

.there biggest savings are legacy costs and the road drivers they fuel there trucks (one less teamster job) they make and break there sets (3 less teamster jobs) and work the dock in most cases (eliminating another teamster job)..equals 5 versus one..

welch said 10 or 15 years ago in Chicago ridge we have to many people doing those jobs 5 versus non union ltl has 1) ........they have profits because of a lot of factors they don't have the legacy costs we do....................... and they do more work with less people, some don't pay overtime I've been told......... some don't pay as much ,most if not all pay something for there insurance etc