ABF | Retirees Voting on New Contract?

canaryinthemine

Retirement....The Job I Was Born To Have!
Credits
Gentlemen:

I've just received a phone call from one of the employees of ABF that I represented as Steward before I retired.

This gentleman had retired a year before me,........and he called me to ask if Retirees will be voting on ABF's new contract.

I thought he was referring to the potential of retirees voting on "endangered Status" pension plans after the treasury department application had been filed,......but as this has not even happened yet in our Joint Council area,...I knew he meant something else.

I asked him to describe the package mailed to him,....and he told me there was the contract proposal, and the means and the telephone number and web site, to vote on the contract....

I told him to IMMEDIATELY call the Union Hall in our area. There was a big enough flap about casuals voing on this contract,......Now, it appears that they are sending ballots out to guys who've been RETIRED for more than TWO years!

Gentlemen! IMMEDIATELY check with retirees in your area,.....Anyone you know who worked for ABF.......If they are sending ballots to even one in ten retirees,......this will invalidate the election.....

IF they can't even get the active Seniority boards straight,......How can they regard this as a "Valid" election?

Maybe the Gentleman in my area getting a ballot was an anomoly,........I just checked my mailbox,....No ballot,.....He got his yesterday,.........

BUT!........this raises BIG questions about the veracity of whichever "active seniority" list they are using to count the ballots....

IF,.....anyone hears of a retiree,...or any other person NOT on an "active seniority" list,....IMMEDIATELY call your Local Union Hall.

Gentlemen:

I've just received a phone call from one of the employees of ABF that I represented as Steward before I retired.

This gentleman had retired a year before me,........and he called me to ask if Retirees will be voting on ABF's new contract.

I thought he was referring to the potential of retirees voting on "endangered Status" pension plans after the treasury department application had been filed,......but as this has not even happened yet in our Joint Council area,...I knew he meant something else.

I asked him to describe the package mailed to him,....and he told me there was the contract proposal, and the means and the telephone number and web site, to vote on the contract....

I told him to IMMEDIATELY call the Union Hall in our area. There was a big enough flap about casuals voing on this contract,......Now, it appears that they are sending ballots out to guys who've been RETIRED for more than TWO years!

Gentlemen! IMMEDIATELY check with retirees in your area,.....Anyone you know who worked for ABF.......If they are sending ballots to even one in ten retirees,......this will invalidate the election.....

IF they can't even get the active Seniority boards straight,......How can they regard this as a "Valid" election?

Maybe the Gentleman in my area getting a ballot was an anomoly,........I just checked my mailbox,....No ballot,.....He got his yesterday,.........

BUT!........this raises BIG questions about the veracity of whichever "active seniority" list they are using to count the ballots....

IF,.....anyone hears of a retiree,...or any other person NOT on an "active seniority" list,....IMMEDIATELY call your Local Union Hall.
Is it possible that this gentleman is working part time ? (100 hours per month) thus the company considering him a casual ? Not in agreement, just asking !!

Is it possible that this gentleman is working part time ? (100 hours per month) thus the company considering him a casual ? Not in agreement, just asking !!
No, sir! The gentleman in question does not work casual, or part time, or......anything. He infests the local golf course incessantly, .......and would laugh mockingly at the thought of working "casual"......

Like me, he stared at a chromium plated bulldog's anus for....decades......and would not want to resume that view .

Like I said , it may be an isolated anomaly that he got a ballot,.........but even one anomaly is enough to question the validity of ......electronic balloting.

No, sir! The gentleman in question does not work casual, or part time, or......anything. He infests the local golf course incessantly, .......and would laugh mockingly at the thought of working "casual"......

Like me, he stared at a chromium plated bulldog's anus for....decades......and would not want to resume that view .

Like I said , it may be an isolated anomaly that he got a ballot,.........but even one anomaly is enough to question the validity of ......electronic balloting.
Nice. Sounds like my kinda guy

Gentlemen:

They are using an old ECR (Election Control Roster) from the last election....anyone can get the ballot, but if they are not a dues paying member in goodstanding, the TITAN list will kick their votes out.....no need to worry.

They are using an old ECR (Election Control Roster) from the last election....anyone can get the ballot, but if they are not a dues paying member in goodstanding, the TITAN list will kick their votes out.....no need to worry.

If that's the case, Brother,.....where's MY ballot? I was a member in good standing through the last contract debacle,.....

It would take an alert...."watchdog".....to flag a name on a Local TITAN list.....Or, are you saying this would be done..."electronically"?

If they only needed a few votes to....ratify .....this steaming heap of a contract,.........could they "pull" a few from the disqualified TITAN list if needed? Is there a human "firewall" to check these things? I've been an observer at a few Union elections,...and if you hand off a good bit of the "veracity" checking to ...electronics,......you are asking for trouble....

It seems that they would use a current TITAN list of dues-paying members-in-good-standing,.....rather than one from five years ago,....don't you think?

I appreciate your input but after trusting the negotiating comittee to this point , I hope you'll forgive me but I'm going to continue worrying.

Mine sat on a 1981 U model with2million miles I still feel the pain from the camel back suspension and of coarse no power steering

but look at this , Number of the day $25,000 That’s the size of signing bonuses that some railroad workers are being tempted with by BNSF Railway and Union Pacific Corp

Apparently,.......after heavy research by our Local,........this appears to be a clerical error, and a singular anomaly.......

However,........it still remains to be seen if there are any other...."anomalies"....in other Local areas.

Anyone else hear of retirees,.....or any other non-qualified "members-in-good-standing".......getting a ballot?

'Like me, he stared at a chromium plated bulldog's anus for....decades......and would not want to resume that view' . Priceless. von.

Gentlemen:

i'm out of 381 and i know our supervisor who has been out of the union for 3plus years received the same package as i did for casting a ballot

i'm out of 381 and i know our supervisor who has been out of the union for 3plus years received the same package as i did for casting a ballot

Please report that to your Local, Brother!

And, if you feel there is no interest at the Local level,.......contact the Election Supervisor........

I’ll see if I can find the number.......