ABF | Retirement Doubles

Thank you for that! I'll bet that sonofagun is solid cast iron,....judging by the looks,....

Yeah,.....back when they made toys to actually be played with for several generations.........

I had 5 brothers,.....and I could remember getting belted in the forehead with one of those heavy-duty trailers,........kingpin side down.
Left a distinct dent in my forehead. I can firmly attest to the strength and durability of those old toys........
Anybody from a multiple sibling family usually has battle scars from sibling fights. My little sis still has a scar on her forehead from little brother's dead on throwing accuracy with rocks.

I remember the time I got my cousin in the eye with that suction cup dart gun, I might even be the reason that you can't get them anymore.

I remember the time I got my cousin in the eye with that suction cup dart gun, I might even be the reason that you can't get them anymore.
Nothing I'd wanna do after retirement more than look at a set of ABF doubles.

........and smile........

Now if I could get a set of voodoo dolls in the likeness of certain management types,...... life would be complete......

Nothing I'd wanna do after retirement more than look at a set of ABF doubles.

LTL, Wait a few years and see if you mellow, I felt the same way back in 1990, when I retired.
Now those old PIE Wagons don't look too bad and still bring back lot of good memories.

LTL, Wait a few years and see if you mellow, I felt the same way back in 1990, when I retired.
Now those old PIE Wagons don't look too bad and still bring back lot of good memories.
I'll get some UPS and Yellow doubles. Love/loved those companies. ABF...ehhh. I'm not so sure. I still get pissed about all that wasted potential.

I'll get some UPS and Yellow doubles. Love/loved those companies. ABF...ehhh. I'm not so sure. I still get pissed about all that wasted potential.

I don't collect them, never worked for anyone except RTL/PIE but I do have a set of Carolina, CF and Mclean, ran the road
with those guys my 35yrs, they were all good companies.

I started with Roadway in 1981. As far as I'n concerned, that's who I retired from in 2009.

Don't see how you claim to be retired, I saw you in your Walmart greeter vest, your ragged old White took 4 parking places.
I bet Roadway wouldn't let you park like that.

Don't see how you claim to be retired, I saw you in your Walmart greeter vest, your ragged old White took 4 parking places.
I am now in charge of selling the campground approved firewood, out in front of the Los Ojos Saloon, in Jemez Springs, NM.
los-ojosblog.jpg

Last edited:
I am now in charge of selling the campground approved firewood, out in front of the Los Ojos Saloon, in Jemez Springs, NM. Mud, do you actually cut or just sell this wood, saw a chain saw with a 327 Chevy engine you may consider if you do the cutting.
los-ojosblog.jpg

Mud retired with the same city cabover Ford he started with. He posted a pic a while back.

Anybody from a multiple sibling family usually has battle scars from sibling fights. My little sis still has a scar on her forehead from little brother's dead on throwing accuracy with rocks.

I think I have the best brother in the world, 5 yrs my jr. I have several battle scars he bestowed upon me,
"98% my fault"