XPO | Retirement Plan

XDlMSLx.jpg

I had a Fidelity accounts in recent years and closed it due to poor performance in the fund I was in compared to its peers . I did not care for their customer service at the time . Hopefully they improved .

Morningstar rankings show T Rowe Price at the top of overall rankings in the the business with Fidelity being well below that . I’m guessing the reasoning for switching companies must be based on cost savings for management fees for Xpo . If this is so than and Fidelity is a poorer performing company than I guess we just have been degraded in benefits again.

https://www.morningstar.com/articles/963319/the-best-fund-companies-and-their-ratings

https://news.morningstar.com/pdfs/largest30funds_ranks_v7.pdf

Last edited:
I’ve got a separate account with Fidelity and they’re one of the best available.
I had an account with Fidelity some time back and was not happy overall with the funds performance of customer service . I’m glade to here your experience is overall positive. I moved my money from the Fidelity fund into a Vanguard fund and have been VERY happy with the move. Also have 2 American funds that I have been very happy with.

Fidelity by Katie Reichart: Fidelity isn't without challenges but remains well positioned enough to compete in a changing industry. It earns an Above Average Parent rating. The firm's diversified asset mix has shielded it from steady outflows from its active U.S. equity funds, with its taxable-bond, international-equity, and low-priced index offerings attracting assets. Its revamped target-date offerings have improved, and in 2018, the firm plans to launch an additional series combining active and passive funds to better compete in an area where investor interest has grown.
Morningstar rankings show T Rowe Price at the top of overall rankings in the the business with Fidelity being well below that . I’m guessing the reasoning for switching companies must be based on cost savings for management fees for Xpo . If this is so than and Fidelity is a poorer performing company than I guess we just have been degraded in benefits again.

https://www.morningstar.com/articles/963319/the-best-fund-companies-and-their-ratings

It doesn't sound like Fidelity is that bad

Fidelity by Katie Reichart: Fidelity isn't without challenges but remains well positioned enough to compete in a changing industry. It earns an Above Average Parent rating. The firm's diversified asset mix has shielded it from steady outflows from its active U.S. equity funds, with its taxable-bond, international-equity, and low-priced index offerings attracting assets. Its revamped target-date offerings have improved, and in 2018, the firm plans to launch an additional series combining active and passive funds to better compete in an area where investor interest has grown.

It doesn't sound like Fidelity is that bad
There above average but not quite up to the performance level of Price in overall funds . Like I said I had money with them actually quite a bit . I don’t mess with moving my mutual fund picks hardly ever but this fund that I thought was a good pick just underwhelmed me . I moved the moneys to Vanguard and have been happy since. As at will employees we don’t have the same luxury of having a say on the companies choices in regards to this so most will have to grin and bear it and hope it works out for the best . Sounds from the article you posted that their trying to improve their investment to match or exceed some of the better performing companies. Let’s hope that it works out .

There above average but not quite up to the performance level of Price in overall funds . Like I said I had money with them actually quite a bit . I don’t mess with moving my mutual fund picks hardly ever but this fund that I thought was a good pick just underwhelmed me . I moved the moneys to Vanguard and have been happy since. As at will employees we don’t have the same luxury of having a say on the companies choices in regards to this so most will have to grin and bear it and hope it works out for the best . Sounds from the article you posted that their trying to improve their investment to match or exceed some of the better performing companies. Let’s hope that it works out .
Vanguard is fantastic. Jack Bogle is legendary, and did great work in the investment world.

Man you really got XDS (XPO Derangement Syndrome). Everything this company does is a down grade to you.

There is a different from a company 401K plan and you personal investing with these companies. If I had a personal 401K account with T.Rowe I can choose from way more investments opinions were we only get to choose from 25 on the company plan.
Anyone that just uses there company 401K as a solo retirement account is a fool. This is why you pay for a professional Financial Advisor that is a Fiduciary.

As at will employees we don’t have the same luxury of having a say on the companies choices in regards to this so most will have to grin and bear it and hope it works out for the best
Will you stop with this "at will employees" stuff. Since the first day you started working at CCX you were an at will employee. Now in the last few years it's a big sticking point with you.
Yet many had no problem when Con-way was f-ing you guys over on you employee match. Holding it for 3 month then giving to you. Yes I have no say on the company they use but i put in 5% and get 4% free. I then take what they offer to my financial advisor and he tells me were to invest within the company plan. WOW I have a say in were my 5% and the 4% i got from the company is invested. S I only place I have no say in the company managing the 401K plan. I do have a say were it is invested, if I want to use there plan at all, and if I want to go outside and find my own/additional retirement accounts. You make it sound like this is are only opinion

Will you stop with this "at will employees" stuff. Since the first day you started working at CCX you were an at will employee.
I spent way too many of those years as an at will employee watching my co-workers being terminated for less than cardinal infractions wondering and worried will I be next . Walking a tightrope of having to be nothing less than perfect while the company dumped unreasonable expectations on my performance. Will the next TM or FOS use me as a scapegoat for his own purpose. Worrying if I **** up will I be given a fair chance to keep my job or just tossed to the street by a kangaroo court .

I spent way too many of those years as an at will employee watching my co-workers being terminated for less than cardinal infractions wondering and worried will I be next . Walking a tightrope of having to be nothing less than perfect while the company dumped unreasonable expectations on my performance. Will the next TM or FOS use me as a scapegoat for his own purpose. Worrying if I ╭∩╮(︶_︶)╭∩╮ up will I be given a fair chance to keep my job or just tossed to the street by a kangaroo court .
I guess every barn is different because and the 12 years I've been with this company there has only been 3 guys fired at my place and all had good reasons to be let go, my experience has been if you do what you're supposed to do and don't do anything you're not then you have no reason to fear for your job.