XPO | Retirement..What will it mean for you?

longtimeltl

Retired and Happy!
Credits
This is a fun thread. My question is, what kind of plans and dreams do my fellow drivers have for retirement?
I will start it off:
Fish more
Sleep more
Ride the 4-wheeler more
Grow my internet business more
Spend time with parents, children, and grand children more
Clean and cook for my spouse more
Groom and beautify the yard more
Volunteer more
Spend time with and train our dogs more
Clean and wax our vehicles more
The list goes on and on
Bottom line: turn in my CDL and enjoy life! :smilie_132:

Sounds like a good start. I got a few years to go (~20) but when the time comes I have got a lot of hunting and fishing to catch up on,but with the skyrocketing price of trespass fees my hunting will probably be pretty limited. Definately gonna spend the first year catching up on sleep. It's gonna be nice having time to work on things around the house instead of having to rush or put it off till the weekend. The way my 401k has been beat down full retirement may only be a pipe dream.

not having to worry bout your run or what time you get your hooks. not traveling every day. chasing the fat ole lady around.

Been wondering about this myself for a while. None of what you have mentioned so far, does anything at all for me. I could only stand being around the house 24/7, for about a month, then I would have to find something to do, either volunteer, or something part-time (wonder what those greeters at Wal-Mart make????)......Oh wait, maybe one of the brothels need a door-man.....that's an idea......:hide:

Or become a greeter for ConWay and send out nekkie pics of yourself! :funky: My cellphone number is 903-Let-MeCc :1036316054:

Been wondering about this myself for a while. None of what you have mentioned so far, does anything at all for me. I could only stand being around the house 24/7, for about a month, then I would have to find something to do, either volunteer, or something part-time (wonder what those greeters at Wal-Mart make????)......Oh wait, maybe one of the brothels need a door-man.....that's an idea......:hide:

No, see I have tried that, from the truck on the Inter-State.......all I get is blank stares and the single finger salute......You would think that the sight of a smiling, waving Con-Way greeter, being passed by, well, pretty much everyone, would lead to more civilized behaviour than that......Alas, I am adrift in a sea of apathy.......alone on the highway to happiness (yeesh, what nonsense, I need a nap)........:sleep: