XPO | Retirement

the way i see the company going i would say no.I'll retire with another company.
i really hate to say this but the only thing that will save this company is a phone call to the boys downtown.

Is con-way your last job,you think you will reach retirement working at con-way?

How could there be any other outcome?

We have brilliant leadership that is focused on the well being of Conway and would never dream of allowing their own greed or agendas to interfere. I know this 'cause they told me about how integrety is a core value.

And they really need to stop enhancing our rewards 'cause I can hardly get in the gate 'cause of all the qualified drivers standing in line to work here. Every time I have to wait for the throngs of applicants to clear a path, I know that the future is bright and that my pension will continue to be funded into my retirement.

How could there be any other outcome?

We have brilliant leadership that is focused on the well being of Conway and would never dream of allowing their own greed or agendas to interfere. I know this 'cause they told me about how integrety is a core value.

And they really need to stop enhancing our rewards 'cause I can hardly get in the gate 'cause of all the qualified drivers standing in line to work here. Every time I have to wait for the throngs of applicants to clear a path, I know that the future is bright and that my pension will continue to be funded into my retirement.
i think you had to much to drink last nite :1036316054:

I have about seven years to go before I can retire, but as others have said unfortunately, it is looking increasingly unlikely. I'm trying to maintain a positive attitude though:1036316054:

You had better be independently wealthy to 'retire' here. Check for yourself and make sure, but the dollars they quote you for monthly retirement are based on a 5 year annuity. It is my understanding that if you want monthly money longer than 5 yrs, the amount will be considerably less. Check with someone who has already retired and see what they are getting.

:hide: I was going to copy and paste this cartoon strip until I read the terms of use, they prohibit it. So, if you really want to know what the retirement plan is all about....go to Dilbert.com - The Official Dilbert Website by Scott Adams - Dilbert, Dogbert and Coworkers! click on read past strips, click on 10/07/07.
Pretty much says it all!!! :smilie_132:

I have about seven years to go before I can retire, but as others have said unfortunately, it is looking increasingly unlikely. I'm trying to maintain a positive attitude though:1036316054:
:console:
I had about the same time. I maintained my positive attitude by making a new 20 year start elsewhere.

Dockworker I don't understand; if you had about the sam time (7 yrs) what do you mean you made a "new 20 year start" elsewhere?
I'm still young enough to start a new 20 year career and still make it under retirement age.
I bailed Con-way awhile ago. Took my own advice and said, "If I can no longer make a significant change and I can no longer come to work happy than QUIT!"

Done with no regrets and Happy as hell! Big sigh of relief for me. I'll have my mini vested pension from Con-way along with a new pension and 401K from the best damn global transportation company in the world! :hide:

I just feel sorry for you guys and like jumping in on your topics. Plus you guys are very vocal and entertaining!

:hide: I was going to copy and paste this cartoon strip until I read the terms of use, they prohibit it. So, if you really want to know what the retirement plan is all about....go to Dilbert.com - The Official Dilbert Website by Scott Adams - Dilbert, Dogbert and Coworkers! click on read past strips, click on 10/07/07.

Very appropriate

I agree! This was perfect!:1036316054: :1036316054:

Dilbert Comic Strip Archive - Dilbert.com - The Official Dilbert Website by Scott Adams - Dilbert, Dogbert and Coworkers!

Friggin' hilarious! It doesn't matter what company either, they are all that way!:hysterical: