ABF | Retiring From ABF!

You'll get the toy doubles and a plaque from the fort. I think it came a month or two later. Everything else comes from your TM. So let me be the first to welcome you to the 6 Saturday, 1 Sunday a week club!!! Just remember to make your bed in the morning. That way in the afternoon, while having your libations and your friend asks if you got anything done, you can honestly say yes!!!!

You'll get the toy doubles and a plaque from the fort. I think it came a month or two later. Everything else comes from your TM. So let me be the first to welcome you to the 6 Saturday, 1 Sunday a week club!!! Just remember to make your bed in the morning. That way in the afternoon, while having your libations and your friend asks if you got anything done, you can honestly say yes!!!!
Retired 6 months ago No Cake No toy Truck and absolutely No regrets

Not here to hi-jack the post, the Roadway job was weak with a weak steward, no dock lights, supervisor going around dock banging on trash cans with dock hook yelling " pick-up the pace", midnight crew would only get paid to 9 am if you worked less than 15 mins. past 9am (example, punch out at 9:14, get paid to 9:am, ended up becoming a good job as guys from ST.Jay, Carolina,ANR etc came to work there and straightened it out

And most important. If you invite your date for a over niter, she does not want to see your wrinkled sheets wich I presume have last night stains on them. And do not forget to do the quarter bounce test. It will make your now retired DI so proud. von.

Last edited:
My last day with Roadway was June first 2009. Dock supervisor ask me the day before if I wanted anything special on my last day. I said no, let's just get the job done and go home. Last day was a busy Friday on the outbound dock and dock supervisor asked me if I could work some overtime. I said I would stay until the all the work was done and did.

Last edited:
My last day with Roadway was June first 2009. Dock supervisor ask me the day before if I wanted anything special on my last day. I said no, let's just get the job done and go home. Last day was a busy Friday on the outbound dock and dock supervisor asked me if I could work some overtime. I said I would stay until the all the work was done and did.
My thought is he did the job he was hired to do. First day or last. You show up, do the work & go home. Some of our guys just stayed in the break room saying good by during his shift. That's ok . The one retiring should have his choice. Work or don't work. There are no Letters to give out for violations of the contract by the rank & file member is moot. von.