ABF | Retiring From ABF!

My last day with Roadway was June first 2009. Dock supervisor ask me the day before if I wanted anything special on my last day. I said no, let's just get the job done and go home. Last day was a busy Friday on the outbound dock and dock supervisor asked me if I could work some overtime. I said I would stay until the all the work was done and did.
I worked till my shift ended, handed in my repair orders, then loaded my tools. The boss told me I could change my mind & call in the next week. He would have the foreman put my time card back in the rack.

My last day with Roadway was June first 2009. Dock supervisor ask me the day before if I wanted anything special on my last day. I said no, let's just get the job done and go home. Last day was a busy Friday on the outbound dock and dock supervisor asked me if I could work some overtime. I said I would stay until the all the work was done and did.
A class act, I tip my hat to you. :clapping::1036316054:

I retired from CCX/XPO in December 2021. I was working inbound that morning and we were light. The dispatcher came down and started with the senior man asking if he wanted to go home. When he got to me I said I'm out of here! A carry-in was already planned. Not for my retirement. They did have cake for me tho. If they would have needed me on the street that day I would have gone out. My dispatcher was the best I had ever had. What a happy day that was! 27 years.

I retired from CCX/XPO in December 2021. I was working inbound that morning and we were light. The dispatcher came down and started with the senior man asking if he wanted to go home. When he got to me I said I'm out of here! A carry-in was already planned. Not for my retirement. They did have cake for me tho. If they would have needed me on the street that day I would have gone out. My dispatcher was the best I had ever had. What a happy day that was! 27 years.
When I started driving 35 years ago, The Dispatcher I had was awesome. Knew all the routes and Customers like the back of His Hand. The last 10 years not so much, The only thing ABF Dispatchers know, Is what they learned from the Drivers.