ABF | Return To Work Letter

sandmanadream

TB Lurker
Credits
Just received a return letter to come back to work after a 11 month layoff. I was hired 26 months ago and worked 4 1/2 months in these past 26 months and been laid off 21 months all together. The terminal manger says we got work and we need you, I asked him will you guarantee me 3 days a week? He said he cant do that , I'm at a 19 man barn and 2 men retired and 2 men out on medical in the past 26 months ,the 15 men working are working 50-60 hours a week but the union doesnt seem to care if I work at all. I quit YRC after 13 years to take this job hoping for a better retirement and better future but its not working out. I have 39 years of driving experience and now hauling chemical tankers local, the past 26 months I had 5 jobs trying to hold on to ABF job and hearing hang in there we have guys retiring then you can fill the void. I made a BIG MISTAKE coming to ABF and wont answer the return letter Im DONE !!!! I just hope the next guy who takes my place doesn't have a family and lives with Mom and Dad, I wish you guys the best of Luck and good Health ! Sandman

Just received a return letter to come back to work after a 11 month layoff. I was hired 26 months ago and worked 4 1/2 months in these past 26 months and been laid off 21 months all together. The terminal manger says we got work and we need you, I asked him will you guarantee me 3 days a week? He said he cant do that , I'm at a 19 man barn and 2 men retired and 2 men out on medical in the past 26 months ,the 15 men working are working 50-60 hours a week but the union doesnt seem to care if I work at all. I quit YRC after 13 years to take this job hoping for a better retirement and better future but its not working out. I have 39 years of driving experience and now hauling chemical tankers local, the past 26 months I had 5 jobs trying to hold on to ABF job and hearing hang in there we have guys retiring then you can fill the void. I made a BIG MISTAKE coming to ABF and wont answer the return letter Im DONE !!!! I just hope the next guy who takes my place doesn't have a family and lives with Mom and Dad, I wish you guys the best of Luck and good Health ! Sandman
Yeah, some guys just get hired at an unfortunate time. I'm sorry you went through that.

About 6 months before I got hired at my current job, a girl was hired who was able to take a week-long vacation to Vegas to see her sister... While on call. They had absolutely no work for her.

I got hired in 6 months later and I've barely missed a day in my nearly three years full-time.

Sad when we get decent drivers and then loose them. We have Ben looking for a driver for two years with no luck. Yrc can fill a spot in our town in a month. Bet between us drivers the average in town is 55 plus hours. I think the low life idiots we work for are not looking for drivers just trying to pacify us to work and not complain by saying there looking for drivers.Our terminal drunk manager lives by my cousin and he is home by noon at the latest....Oh I mean out doing sales lol!