1. We have the Facebook and Twitter going again. We would appeciate a like or follow.

POLITICS Revised Hos Rules.

Discussion in 'Washington D.C.' started by Joseph1135, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Joseph1135

Joseph1135 Well-Known Member

2. kantgetryte

kantgetryte Well-Known Member

Sucks to be you lol. Glad TRUMP was able to brighten your day

3. Joseph1135

Herp derp potato. You’re like if Idiot and Stupid had a baby and dropped it on it’s head.

4. Bart

Bart Well-Known Member

^^^^^^^^^^
    Dunning-Kruger

5. kantgetryte

Good one .I know you put tremendous thought into that post maybe called the neighbor for guidance because it's difficult to be witty and not a nitwit with tds
    [​IMG]

Northern Flash and Big Dave like this.
  6. Joseph1135

[​IMG]

7. Joseph1135

But apparently cropping is above your pay grade. Jesus you trump people are stupid.

8. kboomarang

kboomarang My allah, between pie and mode AD-FREE USER

Driver Since:
    Sounds like it's time for another one of those "trucker shutdowns", those always are always so successful especially with the vast amounts of participation they receive like that big huge one earlier this year.....oh wait...when was that?.....did I miss it? ...how could that be it was supposed to gigantic....... but yet I don't remember it...huh.

Northern Flash, Big Dave and jimmy g like this.
  9. Joseph1135

Those are a bunch of drunk hillbillies that try that garbage. I honestly think this is a terrible idea.

buffalobill likes this.
  10. kantgetryte

I'm retired moron. I don't need no cropping
    Found these your gonna need them in 2020
    [​IMG]

11. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Driver Since:
    Youve over-used your made up Hippy Dippy Weatherman talk. Have to make up something new...

joe bucker likes this.
  12. Joseph1135

You’re retired so you’re probably an :censored: RV pilot. So think about this dumbass. Trucker gets up, 15 minute pretrip, drives 8 hours but stops 15 minutes for fuel and gets to, we will say Walmart. Walmart takes at the bare minimum now, 4 hours to unload. Let’s say they take 4.5 to be safe. This driver, before this new revision, would have had to park and sleep now. His 14 is about spent. Now with this revision, his clock stopped at hour 3, he’s not been asleep yet and dispatch sends him 2.5 hours down the road to load. His 14 hour day is now gonna be 17-18 hours. Where the hell do you see this as a good thing, for drivers or the 4 wheelers on the road? And a real answer I don’t want to hear how you’d love to manipulate trump’s wiener to completion.

13. kantgetryte

Otr sucks no life no watching the family grow lol is better so the worse day would be 12 hrs

14. Joseph1135

You’re right. It sucks. And these new kids coming in can’t do what we used to. Jesus Christ they can’t even drive a manual transmission, they have a literal restriction now on their CDL. You think extending the day is a good idea? These idiots can’t remember to take naps now.

buffalobill, kantgetryte and jimmy g like this.
  15. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Driver Since:
    I see this pushed by Owner Operators of Grocery Hauling, and I can't believe it passes. Still not 100% sure its exactly as you say? But you are pretty close...

The Agency proposes to allow one off-duty break of at least 30 minutes, but not more than three hours, that would pause a truck driver’s 14-hour driving window, provided the driver takes 10 consecutive hours off-duty at the end of the work shift.

My Company won't do what you describe. It also probably messes with the 70 hr rule, and runs into areas where a 34 is required, (it seems- ill have to ponder this). I like the current rules. About the only ones screwed are grocery haulers, and they need to take a united stand against shippers, but never will.

buffalobill likes this.
  16. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Driver Since:
    Right now, I work 14 at most, take 10 or more off to rest/ exercise/post/ eat/ shower. Being stuck on the road sucks, but I make the best of it. Consistency makes life tolerable, and as relatively healthy as I can.

buffalobill likes this.
  17. Joseph1135

I like the rules now as well. I was already taking a lunch break so the 30 really didn’t change much for me. I don’t like where this is going, it’s extending the work day. 14 is more than enough. You’ve probably been out here longer than me but you remember what it was like pre-2003 HOS change then. It was literally a free for all. This is a seriously bad idea.

18. 20_yrs_2_go

20_yrs_2_go So we got that going for us, Wich is nice

If your a local driver it means you can work an extra 2 hrs a day so if I'm reading this right That's 10 more hrs per week ( not including sat. or sun. ) Wich could also be overtime pay at some companies

19. kboomarang

kboomarang My allah, between pie and mode AD-FREE USER

Driver Since:
    Well eating right, getting enough sleep and exercise is key when your out, besides you wanna look sharp when you hop out of the truck in gym shorts, a wife beater and flip-flops.

20. Ted Decker trk

Ted Decker trk When things are FUBAR, FIDO!

Driver Since:
    1987 (legally)
    I ran under the old 15 and 8 rule and it was not as you describe. I ran illegal many times under the old rules but never unsafe. I could rest when I wanted to and roll when I wanted to and make it look good on paper. No mandates telling me I'm sleepy after 11 hours on the clock and that kind of silliness. Granted there were some bad actors but the driver was captain of the ship back then, at least for the guys I ran for. They were all old drivers with small companies and adjusted their business to the way they knew a hand liked to run. I was a night horse myself some of the other guys liked the daylight. We ran hard and got paid nicely and were not questioned when we called and said "I'm beat. I'm putting this horse to bed for a bit." The only question I got was how long , a few hours or 8 or 9. I could stay out of rush hours and run run efficiently and safely but not legally. I'd rather run 12 hours straight than 10 hours, five of which are getting through rush hour.